Jaquomo 21-Mar-18
PECO 21-Mar-18
Cutthroat 21-Mar-18
eBike John 21-Mar-18
wilbur 21-Mar-18
eBike John 21-Mar-18
Newhunter1 23-Mar-18
20-Mar-18
Possibly looking to get one of these to be used mainly in Tn on the plateau on my private land. I’m 71 so no hot rodding.Which make do you owners recommend.

20-Mar-18
I have the Rambo 750 but you should also take a hard look at the RAD Rover. It's about $1000 cheaper and has front shocks which the Rambo doesn't have. It also has a longer-life battery. From what I can tell the biggest differences are the mid-drive of the Rambo, vs. the rear drive of the RAD. Opinions are all over the map on the pros and cons of either.

Be sure to get tire liners to help stop thorns and little nasties.

21-Mar-18
Thanks Jaq I’m just in the shopping phase Lewis

21-Mar-18
Good advice Lou

Hey lewis there are a few eBike threads going already here on our BS.

Check 'em out

No dual riders though for you and bigdan in Az.!!! haha

#LovinLife

Robb

21-Mar-18
I'll second Jaq's recommendation. However as far as bikes go, my quietkat has shocks that you can lock out. They are mid-drive and tough as nails. RAD bikes are 1000.00 less than either the Rambo or the QK.

21-Mar-18
Newhunter, tell us more about the shocks, when you would lock them out. That's the one thing I wish the Rambo had (shocks). Is there a reason to not have working shocks? My GF is getting a RAD Rover so I'll get a chance to try both on the same terrain.

21-Mar-18

eBike John's Link
Hi Lewis, My name is John and I actually run an online ebike store. I'd be happy talk to you about some options that best suit your needs and your wallet. Also, to all bowsite.com users I set up a store wide discount to get 10% off anything, just by using the discount code ' bowsite ' you get 10% Off. Just to give you an idea the top ebikes geared towards hunting are Quietkat and Rambo and Rambo will release their new line on April 25th although they are expensive. Quietkat has a model from last year called the QK Eco 750 and last week they only had 8 bikes left so they gave me permission to sell below the MSRP while stocks last, there are a couple left. Quietkat is a good solid ebike, the only issue most people have is the price point so that could be an option to get a good Quietkat heavily discounted. There are options to for a fat tire mountain like the Emojo Wildcat before discount comes in at $1299 it doesn't have the power of the top hunting ebikes but you mentioned getting around your property on a plateau so the Wildcat's 500 watt motor will more than get your around comfortably. Whenever you like, you can visit the website www.ebikegeneration.com and if you have any questions or doubts you can let me know here on the forum, send me a message in private or give me a call at 888 712 4686 and I can answer any questions you might have. John

21-Mar-18

eBike John's Link

21-Mar-18
Mountain bikes have shocks you can lock out also. Say you have a stretch of pavement to ride on, or a smoothish hardpack fire road to climb. Locking out the shock makes the bike more efficient in certain conditions.

21-Mar-18
Thanks, PECO. I didn't know I could lock my MTB shocks out. Guess I never paid attention to that. Much of my fitness training in town is on hard pack or pavement mix. I'll try that and see if it makes a difference.

21-Mar-18
Not all shocks have a lock out feature.

21-Mar-18
What about the M2S All Terrain KUSH. Any info or experience? Thanks

21-Mar-18
HI Cutthroat, In terms of specs the M2S range of ebikes are great but the company is still brand new and they are producing limited quantities at a time so there are very few of their ebikes around. a year from now M2S will be producing larger quantities at a time to reach more people and the prices will go up after their name is out there. But if I get the opportunity to get a better idea I'll let you know..

21-Mar-18
I just bought a Rambo R1000XP G3 CARBON from John at his online ebike store.

With the Bowsite 10% discount I got a great deal. Can't wait to receive the bike and do some exploring.

Thanks John!

21-Mar-18
It was a pleasure talking to you today. Glad to have helped. don't forget to send me pics, I'll post them on my store :-)

23-Mar-18
Jaq, I locked out my shocks as I was on hard pavement...however I forgot to unlock them and today I want in some thick, thick mud. I hit a small ditch about 15" deep and went tumbling head over handlebars. landed in the mud and just dirty. I will unlock them tomorrow. Went 12 miles in some serious mud. Ran out of battery after 11-12 miles.

• Sitka Gear