Tatonka 05-Apr-18
EliteFan 05-Apr-18
Tatonka 05-Apr-18
Glunker 05-Apr-18
BowmanMD 05-Apr-18
Mr.C 05-Apr-18
caribou77 05-Apr-18
29-Mar-18
Hey guys - so I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2019 moose hunt up in the Yukon with Ceaser Lake Outfitters. I've spoken with a few references and nothing but good things. Anyone on here have any experience with them?

29-Mar-18
Going this October.... I'll let you know!!

29-Mar-18
It's only money, pull the trigger and post lots of pics when you go.

29-Mar-18
LittleJohn - That's awesome! Good luck! I'm assuming you're going after a moose with a bow? Keep in touch and let me know how it goes and take lots of pictures!

29-Mar-18
2005, three bow hunters, three record book moose. Outfitter is A1. Hunt the rut for your best chance.

29-Mar-18

georgemcg's embedded Photo
georgemcg's embedded Photo
I went with them on a boat hunt during the rut in 2013. great adventure, lot of fun. contact me if I can help George

30-Mar-18
Might want to check out Yukon Big Game Outfitters too. Monster bulls!

30-Mar-18
Are you guys able to get your moose back flying or do you have to drive it back?

30-Mar-18
I think it’s good enough for Cody Robbins :)

30-Mar-18
hunted 2 times with them both great success, first time about 20 years ago: dall+ goat+ caribou with rifle( joel was 14 years old!!), second with bow 4 years ago: 1 moose+ missed caribou+ had an opportunity to stalk a grizzly. Honnest guy, great organisation, good manadgment you can book without any stress

02-Apr-18
So far i've heard nothing but good things about them. I think i'm going to pull the trigger and book a 2019 boat hunt. Thanks for all the input guys!

LBshooter - I'll be flying and from what I understand you can fly the moose back. There are length restrictions of something like 115 linear inches if I remember correctly. Talking with Joel, he can crate the antlers and prepare them for shipping, and then it would be an oversize extra baggage fee. I need to do a little more research on getting them home. Then the meat can be put into coolers and sealed and checked as baggage. Again more research is needed, but I'd like to bring some meat home if we're successful. I thought about driving, but its about 2400 miles from where I am in New Mexico.

02-Apr-18
Drive it. You'll not regret it. The scenery is spectacular. Plus you can put a small chest freezer in your pickup and bring all of the meat home. You can stop and see things along the way that you would never see otherwise. I drove it to Atlin, BC a couple years ago for a moose hunt... not quite 2,400 miles, but it was right around 1,800 (about 35 hours driving time). I went through Watson Lake (jumping off spot for Ceasar Lake Outfitters) on the way to Atlin. It took me 3 days each way, but I stopped quite a bit to take pictures, etc. If I saw something interesting, I stopped.... I mostly stopped a lot to pee. :) By the way, the moose hunting in Northern B.C. is fantastic. The moose apparently can't read maps and don't realize that they are in B.C. instead of the Yukon and antler size is pretty close to the southern Yukon (and the hunts are not as expensive!). I saw 40 moose and 16 of them were bulls during my hunt.

03-Apr-18
Holy cow...$22,600 for a moose hunt! The price tag is a bit hard to chew...at least for me. Best of luck to those who can afford to pay this much to hunt moose. The days of hunting moose for a reasonable price are long gone unless you want to kill a small bull in Newfoundland.

03-Apr-18
I just received an e-mail from an Butche's Hunt Nation offering a discounted combo Moose/Mule deer or Moose/black Bear (your choice) for $3,950 plus tags in British Columbia. I have no idea what the quality of the hunt would be, the quality of the outfitter, etc. I suspect it is for somewhere in central B.C. as the further north you go the bigger the moose and the higher the cost. By the way, my hunt in B.C. along the Yukon border was $12,000 in 2014 (boat hunt). That was all inclusive except for my travel to get there and tips for the guide.....quite a bit more reasonable that the Yukon.

04-Apr-18
I've hunted Yukon, B.C, and Newfoundland for moose. Nothing wrong with the first two, but I had just as much fun in NF for a heck of a lot less $$. (Yeah, the racks are smaller, but the wallet stayed fatter and I still got the rush.)

04-Apr-18
Like everything prices continue to rise. Someday we will look back and say damnit why didn't I go when it was only 22 grand! Sounds crazy but look back 20 years at prices.... and look what you thought was crazy expensive back then.

04-Apr-18
Newfoundland is a great deal for now, but expect the prices to increase as outfitter tags decrease in the future, if the government continues to cut Moose Tags. Outfitters lost Woodland Caribou tags last month for 2018 that were already sold to hunters....2019 has some caribou area shutting down until the herd rebounds. One area has had woodland tags increased and outfitters got back tags that were taken away a decade ago.

05-Apr-18
Backcountry and Beyond, BC is the only place I would look to. Dustin will get it done and you will be thrilled with the Moose you kill.

05-Apr-18
Is Backcountry and Beyond what was Cassiar Stone Outfitters? Did they buy them out?

05-Apr-18

EliteFan's Link
Yes, Backcountry BC and Beyond bought the Cassiar area. I hunted Stone sheep there last year with Dustin.

They killed some incredible moose there last year.

05-Apr-18
I just looked at their website. When I went in 2014 the all inclusive price for a boat hunt was $12,000. That included the air charter, 10 days of hunting, tags, etc. They now charge $18,180 ($16,500 for the hunt, plus $1,680 for air charter), and whatever the tags and taxes are. You're looking at close to $20,000 for the hunt I paid $12,000 for just 4 years ago. Most outfitters charge less for a boat hunt than a horseback hunt as it cost them less. I see that Backcountry charges the same for both......

05-Apr-18
It has to be a limited supply of outfitters vs a growing population of mature bowhunters. The Yukon moose price seems outrageous but concessions continually get sold for higher prices so the buyer has to raise hunt prices to get a return. Then of course the other concessions can raise their hunt price and guess what? Their concession now has higher profits making it more valuable so it can be sold with the owner retiring quite well off. It is a spiral. I regret not buying one about 1990.

05-Apr-18
Yikes! Looks like you better get your stone sheep while you can, too. From Backcountry's website-- $47,500 this year. 2019 $50k. 2020 $55k.

05-Apr-18
drive like the other fella mention we drove back from anchorage 3458 miles in a u haul 3.5 days A trip neither my brother or I will ever forget MrC

05-Apr-18
I totally agree with making the drive. Especially for moose if you wanna bring everything home. Just take your time and enjoy it.

• Sitka Gear