Arrowhead 08-Apr-18
midwest 08-Apr-18
buc i 313 08-Apr-18
t-roy 08-Apr-18
LKH 08-Apr-18
03-Apr-18

brettpsu's embedded Photo
Always amazed at what animals deal with everyday of their life. Buddy just sent me this one from Nebraska.

03-Apr-18

Another friend brought this deadhead in. He pounds guardrail and was doing a crash site a few weeks ago. Looked down over the bank and found a carcass laying in the ditch. After he took the head off and pressure washed it they noticed something funny stuck in his eye.

03-Apr-18

The hole was healed up. When it passed through the sinus cavity, a boney material formed around the antler point and made a sheath like pocket for the antler to slide back and forth.

03-Apr-18

The perfect hole. Hard to tell how long this buck lived with that stuck in his eye.

03-Apr-18
Just try to snap an antler with your hands sometime. Now imagine doing it with your eyeball.

03-Apr-18
Cool pics, thx for sharing

03-Apr-18
Muslim.

JK. Those eye ones get me every time. BB had a great pic of a bull elk with a long tine sticking out of his eye like that. Mid bugle, such a cool pic.

03-Apr-18
APauls.....I was gonna guess Jewish, but I didn’t see any payots!

Cool pics, brettpsu! They are tough suckers for sure. A friend’s wife shot a doe once that had been shot before, apparently from a very steep downward angle. There was a Bear broadhead along with about 10” of an aluminum shaft embedded on the inside of the doe’s scapula. There was a calcium deposit completely encasing the shaft. Looked like a drinking straw with the shaft running through it. He boiled it and cleaned it all up. Neat conversation piece.

07-Apr-18
Would really stink not having an opposable thumb to pull something like that out!

07-Apr-18
Had a local butcher had a find a short overdraw arrow laying up along the spine on a nice buck some years back. Everyone wanted that buck but no one noticed anything wrong with it. No puss or infection, they are tough creatures.

07-Apr-18

M.Pauls's embedded Photo
M.Pauls's embedded Photo
M.Pauls's embedded Photo
M.Pauls's embedded Photo
Those pics are unreal.

I killed a deer this deer that I’ve been watching for 3 years. I figure him at 4.5. At 2.5 he appeared to have been hit by something as his skull plate was broken and an antler was hanging in front of his mouth. Looked brutal. At 3.5 he had a third beam grow out of the broken skull area but a decided to pass on him. This year it was a normal sided antler besides a nice drop tine. Here are a couple pics of his skull. It would be interesting to see the 3 years of skull progression.

(Can’t rotate second pic but you can see how his bases are shifted)

07-Apr-18
1st pic looks like a shed buck so I guess it is one of those man buns gone wrong.

07-Apr-18
I once shot an 8pt that appeared totally fine. When we were taking pictures I ran my hand up and along his nose and something sharp cut my palm. A buddy and I decided to cap out the skull and when we did we found a 3 blade Muzzy head with about 2"s of an aluminum arrow attached. It had entered right behind the left ear and the tip just poked through mid way between the eyes and tip of nose. The only thing we could tell was that the bucks left eye was all solid white and he definitely was blind in that eye. The head was pretty well encapsulated and only slightly rusty. Figured it had happened at least a year before I shot him. Shawn

07-Apr-18
I've never found anything in a deer except a centerfire .22 bullet once. It was flattened out on his scapula. Hardly any meat on his shoulder as you could see the scapula outlined under the hide. My son butchered a big boar hog once and found about 4" of antler in the shield. He must have hit that sucker a hard lick to break that much antler off inside. Hog was no worse for wear.

08-Apr-18
They are tough animals. My first deer was shot through both lungs with a .22. We found it mushroomed against the offside ribs and could see the scars in the lungs.

I've found broadheads in deer a few times.

Once killed a deer that had a 12ga slug lodged in its front leg, the deer acted fine but a lot of the meat in the front end was infected and had been for a very long time.

I once found a doe skull that had a .22 right between the eyes that had healed over.

08-Apr-18
My brother in law killed a buck several years ago that had an old Snuffer broadhead lodged in a neck vertebrae. The tip was through, into the nerve canal, and the bone had fused solid through the vents.

We found out who shot him originally, 3 years previously. Amazing that shock didn't rupture the spinal cord.

08-Apr-18

Arrowhead's embedded Photo
Head Ache

08-Apr-18

Another pic

08-Apr-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Shot by a gun hunter. The deer was fat and healthy. Can't believe he gave me the head!

08-Apr-18
I took an nice buck a few years back that had an expandable BH lodged in it's spine. It was an older buck that appeared to have carried the embedded BH for several years.

Lesson learned ?

Be very careful when field dressing or butchering your game.

08-Apr-18
I found a buck one time that had been shot with a Rage that had an entry AND an exit wound.....................just kidding ;-)

08-Apr-18

LKH's embedded Photo
LKH's embedded Photo
Cow elk front leg bone. I've had this one here before. She was limping, but healthy and had a calf.

On year in the breaks there was a cow missing one hind leg.

• Sitka Gear