Ziek 10-Apr-18
grubby 10-Apr-18
TD 10-Apr-18
stick n string 10-Apr-18
drycreek 10-Apr-18
JackPine Acres 25-Apr-18
Rut Nut 25-Apr-18
09-Apr-18
Hello guys , Its been a few years since ive visited the bowsite.Hope I can come back and pick your minds ,where in the past have gotten a wealth of knowledge.We hunt north west minnesota yearly and have been hunting the same area for nearly 15 years, with very good success.Seems as though the biggest problem we have in this area is when the acorns drop.If you have never dealt with the acorn drop be thankful!They hung there until two days into the season this year, and a wind came that night and covered the ground.The sound of them hitting the tin roof on our shack made for a sleepless night as if a switch was flipped the next day the baits dropped off from six to one hit after steady action from the beginning. My question here is .Is there really any way to offset this.I was told by one outfitter that this is the time to use the Gold Rush mixed with the oil and that will holdem. How do you guys that have this problem deal with it or is there no answer? Good Huntin

09-Apr-18
Uh oh.....

09-Apr-18
Where I hunt it is illegal to bait deer so we do not have to worry about deer being moved off a bait due to acorns dropping because there are no baits. As a matter of fact, here in southern Wisconsin we love it when the acorns drop, it brings the deer in from the numerous farmer's crop fields and we can find them in the woods and around our stands. I have a few white oaks on my property, in a year of good acorns they are a whitetail magnet!

09-Apr-18
Before acorns sour, there is nothing that deer prefer more

09-Apr-18
The easy answer is, hunt where the deer are.

10-Apr-18
He's talking about bears.

10-Apr-18
Nope, nothing you can do about it. Hunt in the oaks and use good bait.

10-Apr-18
yes bear not deer

10-Apr-18
Flip, I'm in area 12, there are some oaks but mostly isolated pockets. we generally don't have too much of an issue with acorns. Berries are our problem. Its hard to compete with abundant natural food! The good thing about berries is they are ramping down as season progresses. Last tag I had I didn't even hunt until the last week of season.

10-Apr-18

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo

10-Apr-18
Be happy you can still use baits for bears.

10-Apr-18
If Minnesota ever outlaws bear baiting 99% of bears will be shot in town

10-Apr-18
Is it acorns or akerns?

10-Apr-18
Yella akerns. Its a song. A funny one....

10-Apr-18
It's a-corn up yonder, but it's a-kern down heah.

25-Apr-18
When I hunted Manitoba, the guide would say oak nuts vs acorns.

25-Apr-18

Rut Nut's Link
LMBO guys! That reminds me of THIS one! ;-)

• Sitka Gear