coelker 12-Apr-18
mountainman 12-Apr-18
Teeton 12-Apr-18
coelker 12-Apr-18
trophyhill 12-Apr-18
wildwilderness 12-Apr-18
12-Apr-18

coelker's Link
Hey all. I am still trying to gather support for maintaining public hunting access in Colorado units 32 and 22. My group Roan Area Access Project has came a long ways and we hope to find some success in the future. For now we had this big step recently:

12-Apr-18
Good work. Always nice to be able to work with large land owners to keep access.

12-Apr-18

Teeton's Link
Well I'm always willing to help out anything to do with hunting and fishing.. I goggled Roan Area Access Project and lots of info came up. Here"s a link to that Google,,,

https://www.google.com/search?q=Roan+Area+Access+Project&rlz=1C1GYPO_enUS751US751&oq=Roan+Area+Access+Project&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I didn't read all the articles yet,, but did the land owners give reason why they are not for keeping it open???

12-Apr-18

coelker's Link
Teeton,

Not officially. We do not know what objections they have, but they have hinted at safety and liability issues as a concern. The CPW is still working on plans and trying to iron something out. Ultimately it is private land and the owners has every right to use it as they see fit. I formed the group simply because the CPW can not do it all on its own.

I am hopeful to get a meeting scheduled with a VP at Caerus. Once we hear objections, we can then work towards solutions. My group is all about supporting solutions, trash pickup, designated camping areas, walk in only access, or???

If you happen to be on Face Book here is our working group page:

12-Apr-18
Request to join is in. For those who haven't seen these areas, your missing out. I was pretty amazed at what I saw in the Roan. The Western Slope and people who live there rock. I miss Junction!

12-Apr-18

wildwilderness's embedded Photo
First buck on the Roan
wildwilderness's embedded Photo
First buck on the Roan
I wish you the best of luck in maintaining access. It's a great area. I would volunteer to help more but am moving out of State. Now we see why the pushback on selling public lands.

My son shot his first buck ever on the Encana lease the last year it was open to public. One of my favorite hunts with him. He wanted a 4pt and passed up a number of small bucks (despite me saying to shoot at the first legal buck!) He has always been a good hunter and got his 4pt for his first buck.

• Sitka Gear