standswittaknife 29-Apr-20
Medicinemann 29-Apr-20
Brun 29-Apr-20
hoytshooter1 29-Apr-20
Bill in MI 29-Apr-20
Hawkeye 29-Apr-20
Little Bear 29-Apr-20
12-Apr-18
Thinking about switching from slick trick standard to viper trick any suggestions

12-Apr-18
Do it!!! Wife and I both switched from standards to vipers a while ago. She has 27 inch draw shoots 48 to 50 lb. Has killed a goat, 2 elk, a Muskox and several smaller game animals. Just got the Muskox last week and she had complete penetration. They fly like darts, penetrate well, and stay together. Why wouldn't you change?

12-Apr-18

wyobullshooter's embedded Photo
wyobullshooter's embedded Photo
This pic speaks volumes about my opinion of the Viper Trick.

12-Apr-18
You won't be disappointed, really can't see myself ever shooting anything else. I've got a couple elk and a couple whitetails under my belt. You're probably not going to get the huge blood-trails some of the large expandable's produce, but the penetration is tough to beat.

12-Apr-18
A great economical head. I really think that a primary main blade with bleeders is the best compromise design in Broadheads

12-Apr-18
I used the Vipertrick with excellent results and would recommend it to anyone. I have since switched over to the Rival head from Radical Archery Designs though. The only reason I switched is for the stainless steel head and slightly wider cutting diameter. It also flies just as good as the Vipertrick so I saw no downside to switching. The VP is a great head but we have a lot of great heads to choose from now!

12-Apr-18
I’ve used vipertricks the last 3 or 4 years. Very pleased with flight and results on animals

12-Apr-18
I switched from standards to VT's myself, nothing but great results so far.

12-Apr-18
Do the Viper Tricks fly pretty accurately? I've been shooting VPA 3-blade vented broadheads for awhile, but am starting to become more and more interested in the 2-blade plus bleeders idea.

12-Apr-18
Love Vipers. All STs extremely accurate, never had any difference from field points to 80 yards which is the extent of my practice.

As stated there are many good heads available today, but ST should definitely be considered.

I should add I shoot 125s. The 100s I'm sure are every bit as accurate and lethal, but there is less steel in the ferrule to shave weight (blades are the same 100 or 125). I've never broken a 125 Magnum or Viper on the numerous animals I've killed.

I've been using ST since Gary first brought the style to market and arguably began a revolution in head design. RIP Gary.

Carl

12-Apr-18
Carl - that's great to hear. I'm also shooting 125, so I'm glad you're finding solid results.

12-Apr-18
I shoot magnums, but my sons shoot vipers for the better blade angle since they are shooting lower poundage. I was really impressed with penetration in a low poundage low arrow weight setup. Tempted to switch to them myself.

12-Apr-18
JTV sounds like I've been on a parallel path. Put it this way: I've been using ST since before the originals were renamed Magnum and the narrower version was made.

I too tried the Razors for a while. I liked them but they were finicky with getting the blade aligned to spin perfectly and the tiny set screws were a pain. I have since switched to Viper and haven't looked back. I heard of guys modifying as you describe and the new Wicked, but haven't tried that option.

12-Apr-18

grossklw's Link
This was the bloodtrail on a terrible low and back shot on my montana bull last year. I will have a hard time every shooting anything else. The penetration and flight is just fantastic.

15-Apr-18

bentstick's embedded Photo
bentstick's embedded Photo
I've used the viper tricks for the last 5-6 years. For me they fly great and have worked well on all animals from pigs/deer to elk/moose. I'll probably try the wicked trick when I need some more.

15-Apr-18
125 grain viper trick is the best flying broadhead I have ever come across. I changed my arrow setup 2 years ago for my first elk hunt. Went with a stiffer spine, added insert weight and went from 100 grain to 125 grain on the front. I wanted a cut on contact type broadhead and after looking at a number of reviews bought the slick tricks. I am elated with the consistent flight I get and with the new arrow setup. I was fortunate to get a shot at a nice bull and when that slick trick went through his ribs he never even flinched , nothing at all, not even an ear flick! He just stood there And stared at where he heard a cow call come from. He only bailed when I moved to nock another arrow and made it 40 or so yds before he piled up. I have shot 5 whitetail deer with them and have had great results. Tough broadhead and if your bow is tuned well you will love the accuracy of the viper trick. I have to shoot at different spots at 60 yds . Not bragging on my shooting I'm bragging on the broadhead. when I know my gear is gonna perform I can really relax and make the best shot I'm capable of. Over the years I've tried a bunch , the slick tricks have proved to be my favorite.

29-Apr-20
Always have shot the standards (plus some mechs) but I switched up arrows this year and moved to 125 grains.

Thinking of giving the Viper tricks a try

29-Apr-20
Been my go to for a long time.. excellent flight and penetration... And economical 4 packs available..

29-Apr-20
I used them this year for elk and the results were pretty amazing, though was not overly impressed with the blood trail. The arrow never slowed down and was 8" deep in the soil 70 yards (the bull was above me on a rise) from where the bull stood. Sometimes they just don't bleed great even with good shots.

29-Apr-20
Until last Fall, I shot the 100 grain Magnums for about 10 years. Last Fall, I switched to the Wicked Tricks. Was equally impressed with them. Has anyone else tried them?

29-Apr-20

Brun's embedded Photo
Brun's embedded Photo
This bull doesn't like Viper Tricks.

29-Apr-20

hoytshooter1's embedded Photo
hoytshooter1's embedded Photo
Neither did this bull...… Great heads and they tune very easy

29-Apr-20
125 STVT's for me. Super accurate to 70 yards (my max testing) grouping with my FPs all day long. Decent blood trails, not awesome blood on ground, but very SHORT blood trails. Every deer died in sight.

29-Apr-20

Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Here are a couple Vipertrick kills. Passthroughs on both.

29-Apr-20
I shot a whitetail doe slightly quartering to with a Viper trick. I thought for sure I would recover but alas I did not. Must have only gotten one lung (complete pass thru). I switched to the Wicked Trick for more cutting diameter but haven't shot anything with them yet. Both heads fly right with field points. I'll be a little more patient next time and wait for the broadside or quarter-away shot.

• Sitka Gear