Frank Sanders 16-Apr-18
Franklin 17-Apr-18
DL 18-Apr-18
IdyllwildArcher 18-Apr-18
TrapperKayak 18-Apr-18
standswittaknife 18-Apr-18
DL 18-Apr-18
15-Apr-18
Trying to find a bill that’s supposed to ban all importing most animals from Africa into California someone relayed to me.

16-Apr-18
I wonder if that will stand judicial review. Import/export is controlled by the federal government and CA can't stop importation.

16-Apr-18
AB-96

“Ivory” means a tooth or tusk from a species of elephant, hippopotamus, mammoth, mastodon, walrus, warthog, whale, or narwhal, or a piece thereof, whether raw ivory or worked ivory, and includes a product containing, or advertised as containing, ivory. Warthog??

16-Apr-18
Funny cause the L.A Museum of Natural History has a whole bunch of mastodons. I wonder if they’ll have to leave? And I wonder how this would work with all the walrus and mastodon earrings I’ve brought home to my kids from the arctic. Ivory carving is a big deal to native Alaskans. Are CA really going to sanction Native Alaskans?

16-Apr-18
Also, this has got to violate the commerce clause.

16-Apr-18
"Are CA really going to sanction Native Alaskans"

I believe the question is "Are CA really going to care who they sanction"?

16-Apr-18
There’s supposed to be the word “politicians” between “CA” and “really,” but yeah Nick. That’s basically what it comes down to. More and more and more ridiculous laws. It won’t stop till liberty is a thing of the past in CA.

16-Apr-18
"Also, this has got to violate the commerce clause. "

And the mountain lion possession ban doesn't? Constitutionality has never stopped the state of CA before!

16-Apr-18
What ^^^he said!!!

16-Apr-18

Boreal's Link
It's already been tried in New Jersey and I believe Washington.

16-Apr-18
Well as many of you guys know....we fight these silly liberal politicians on a daily basis. The legislation against "Free speech on the internet" is the latest topper.

The real problem here is Hunter and gun owner apathy. We have a lot of hunters and gun owners that don't vote....and/or are not actively trying to preserve our rights.

The peripheral issue is that hunters across the US don't band together to help the hunters in states like CA....they would rather snicker....do nothing....and then when it happens in their backyard like it has in Oregon, Wash,Conn, NJ, British Columbia they scratch their head- why?

I get it, Hunters would prefer NOT to be involved in stupid politics...its the last thing we want to deal with. My bro in law is one; he lives here in Ca.....owns guns and hunts [rifle] but he has never registered to vote. I was talking to a millennial at the gun range the other day with a tricked out Zev Glock....and it was the same story....doesn't vote.

"What difference will one vote make?" is their comment.

My take;

I bet that if all the law abiding gun owners in CA voted and stuck up for our rights we wouldn't have the silly restrictions we have now like the "Roster"

I also bet that if the 'It won't happen in my backyard hunters' across the US got involved- even a little- and stood up for hunting everywhere....hunting in every state would be respected for what it is.

Yeah, the problems we are having are due to Apathetic gun owners and hunters.....and until they get it....the liberal weinies will continue to roast us because they are organized and adamant about talking away guns and hunting rights.

16-Apr-18
Time for the BIG ONE... ;^)

16-Apr-18
Until CA let's all of us NRs vote there I doubt that we'll be able to affect the outcome of your elections! Don't blame it on us when you have just stated that people that live right there in CA are the real problem for letting all that crap go on out on the left coast right where they live! The best thing to happen to CA would be to leave the Union or slide off into the Pacific!

16-Apr-18
The best thing for the REST of US would be for CA to leave the union.

16-Apr-18
"It won’t stop till liberty is a thing of the past in CA."

I think it already is? There are some great things to do in that state, but I am so glad I left there a decade ago...

16-Apr-18
I've thought for the last several years that the guys serious about Super Slams better get their Tule elk while the getting is good!! They'll ban all hunting in my lifetime. Sad but true

16-Apr-18

RamDreamer's Link
I believe you were initially looking for SB-1487. (See link.)

All the discussions related to ivory are a couple of years too late (AB-96). That passed and was signed by the governor in October of 2015. The sale of any of the ivory types, or mammoth tooth, within the borders of California is no longer allowed.

16-Apr-18
Wonder if we told them illegal aliens were actually made of ivory.........! Love smashing the black tails, pigs, turkeys & waterfowl, but the place is a political mess. Needs to be split up

17-Apr-18
The "Battle for California" has been going on for decades....and I don`t think it will be solved soon. I personally have written California off as no longer being a State in our Union. I don`t go there and I do my best to NOT patronize the state in any way.

All these lousy ideas START in California and spread to neighboring states. So they must be attacked at the source.

18-Apr-18
Thanks Ram. When I initially Googled that bill I got that same electrical bill.

This is the most insane bill these idiots have proposed yet. Not just illegal to import new African animal but to possess. Does that mean all African game currently possessed will have to be forfeited? This is asinine and the idiot that submitted the bill is the south end of a north bound horse. Please read Rams link.

18-Apr-18
They've got giraffes and zebras on the list. This obviously betrays the motivation of the bill as it has nothing to do with endangered species or conservation and everything to do with picking winners and losers in the animal world based on what people like to see on their nature shows. How come Cape Buffalo or wildebeest didn't make the short list? Because they're too much like cows and even though California liberals don't like hunting, they like to eat cows and that makes Cape Buffalo and wildebeest 'not iconic.'

And yet, as far as I'm concerned, it could very well be argued that the vast herds of wildebeest and the Cape Buffalo, one of the few animals to stand down African lions, are equally, if not more iconic to African wildlife than the leopard, which made the list. In fact, I wonder if you took all Californians who would vote for this and also the lawmakers, and showed them a picture of a leopard and a jaguar, if they'd know which was which.

18-Apr-18
It is a most disturbing fact that both my sister, and now my Mom, who has no control over where she lives, are both living in San Jose. and I have had to visit 5 times in the last two years, to visit Mom in the nursing home. I have to tell you, my sister has become 'one of them'. Its mainly her boyfriend's fault (who is a native CA'nian) I think, that she has adopted the far left attitude, and thinks Pelosi and all the typical CA policy is gospel truth. I am the opposite, and it came to harsh words. Now I refuse to discuss any politics whatsoever. They tuned in to SNL one night and it was another slam on Trump and his people, and all they could was laugh. I reminded them that at least it was Trump they now had to make fun of because HRC already was a laughing stock. I can tell you, that if my own sister can transform into a CA elitist, then this country and its hunting tradition is in deep do-do if CA remains part of our nation. Banning African imports will set a precedent and every state that gets 'Californicated' will follow suit - such as Oregon, Washington, Montana (yes, it's full of 'them' and their toxic $$$), CO, etc. Do whatever you can to stop this before it starts.

18-Apr-18
Curious why hunting Companies are located in CA (Kuiu) .. simply supporting a state that does not support them

18-Apr-18
The Declaration of Independence states: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness”. Then governments proceed to take these away.

• Sitka Gear