cnelk 21-Apr-18
PECO 21-Apr-18
Woods Walker 21-Apr-18
BOX CALL 21-Apr-18
APauls 22-Apr-18
Shaft 05-Jun-18
18-Apr-18

Scrappy's Link
If your wife asked you to stay like this, could still leave for the mountains?

18-Apr-18
Yup!

18-Apr-18
I made sure my girlfriends-wife were all about understanding my hunting-fishing-adventuring problem, so that would never happen. Maybe if she was very sick or something. Seems like the Sugarland chick is sort of needy and whiny.

18-Apr-18
Are you guys nuts??! I would stay for Jennifer Nettles.....1 night, OK maybe 2 ;-) The season is long.....

18-Apr-18
I was expecting to at least see some yoga pants. Even then I might hang around for a few more minutes but come hell, high water AND hot women I'm going hunting!!!

18-Apr-18
Come on ground hunter your missing the point here. Everytime she sings about the other woman think elk. Its hilarious so slow down a little, have yourself a snickers, and come back when you can play nice.

18-Apr-18
Before we got married, my fiance said to me 'I know how much you enjoy hunting and fishing, and how much it means to you. I hope you never think you have to stay home because of me'

Best thing is, she meant it, and supported me even when I took our sons and their friends out of school for spring turkey and fall whitetail deer camping/hunting trips.

It's been a great 43 years.

18-Apr-18
I don't care if its a wife, girlfriend or boss I'm still going hunting.

18-Apr-18
If she's singing stay to you like that then you're a cheating low life.....

18-Apr-18
The Eagles, "Already Gone..." leaps to mind.

18-Apr-18
When my wife said NO, My mother-in-law would tell her " you knew he was a hunter when you married him so quit being such a big calf and let him go".

18-Apr-18
"The Eagles, "Already Gone..." leaps to mind".

It's what my Wife says to me about Mid August every Year..."You're already gone" !

18-Apr-18
I bet she could finance a sheep hunt though

18-Apr-18
I’m thinking Brad Paisley and “I’m Gonna Miss Her”

18-Apr-18
I've been married for 26 years. In that time neither of us has tried to keep the other from doing what they wanted. Now considering that, 2weeks ago on 4/1/18, I woke up feeling feverish and such. She was going to her moms in another county and came in to check on me before leaving. Asked how I was and told her I felt like I might pass out which I have never done. She said she was staying home then and for once I didn't tell her to go on. 30 minutes later I passed out and she called 911. Paramedics were doing ekg and I began throwing up and diareah blood. Lost 3 units in my bathroom floor. BP was 48/30. Bout done for. Got ambulance ride to hospital and stayed 9 days and got 5 units put back in. Home now and going to take several weeks to recuperate. I had been taking an arthritis medicine and it just ate my stomach up evidently. 3 clips and 3 cauterizations and all bleeding stopped. Got an ivc filter in as well. Close call. So if my wife ever says stay, I am staying. All this happened in a matter of hours. I have only been in a hospital once for a colonoscopy when I turned 50. Always great health except for achy joints. Scary situation now that it's over. Good health and good hunting to you all this coming season.

18-Apr-18
Who asks?

18-Apr-18
Is there any question??

18-Apr-18
I agree the chick sounds whiny, that was painful and I did not even finish the video. At least she was pleading, and not going all mental like my ex every time I wanted to do anything fun or for myself. My ex did not last long, and I divorced her psycho mental crazy possessive jealous cheating ass in 1990. I pity the fools that had her after me.

I agree we should at least see yoga pants.

18-Apr-18
I have been married for 35 years, my wife knows the passion i have for hunting! she says it good for her as well when i am gone for 17 days hunting elk! the only problem is ... she always buys something when i am gone, like a new living room set, new dinning table.... its a good trade off!

18-Apr-18
I was thinking she could really sing and was memorized by her ability. Until she started acting and crying. Any human that can "act" pure heartache while has issues that I can't admire. They got crazy. She was a good looking, easy to listen to women. However, after watching that, she is a just a fruit loop.

18-Apr-18
Never liked her. Voice like a cat with it's tail under a rocking chair!

18-Apr-18
Poser country. Gota love it. All this junk is hard to listen to today. She does look pretty good in that video tho.

18-Apr-18
Wife goes with me, or supports me to go by myself if she can't! Best hunting buddy I've ever had!

18-Apr-18
I think she made that decision for me. I’m out!

“Why don't you stay I'm up off my knees I'm so tired of being lonely You can't give me what I need When she begs you not to go There is one thing you should know I don't have to live this way Baby, why don't you stay, yeah”

18-Apr-18
My first wife said she understood I was a hunter before we got married too. That lasted about 2 years, we were divorced a year later. That worked out for everyone in the end, because I now have the best hunting partner and hunting kids I could ever hope for! Stay? Naw, lawyers are cheap when the alternative isn't worth considering! Ha!

18-Apr-18

When she said STAY she didn't know ^^^^

18-Apr-18
I’m missing parents weekend at my sons school this fall, his sophomore year, for a bear hunt. I did waver a touch but told my wife I would be there a couple other weekends for football games.

18-Apr-18
Same as oldgoat. Mine would be in the truck with bow in hand waiting to go! She's killed more elk with her bow than many men on bowsite....LOL

18-Apr-18
Someone once told me, “show me the hottest woman on earth, and I’ll show you a guy tired of putting up with her s***.”

So what I’m saying is I might skip opening weekend...

18-Apr-18
If you ask, they expect you to ask. If you don't ask, they don't expect you to ask.

18-Apr-18
"Someone once told me, “show me the hottest woman on earth, and I’ll show you a guy tired of putting up with her s***.” "

^^^^^^^^^This is a fact.^^^^^^^^^^

"If you ask, they expect you to ask. If you don't ask, they don't expect you to ask."

^^^^^^^More true words have never been spoken^^^^^^^^

18-Apr-18

Z Barebow's Link
I read this and i think of this.

18-Apr-18
Watched about two seconds and can't stand country music.been divorced six years.in my opinion women will lay a guilt trip on you any chance they get.there always after a chance to pull your man card.

18-Apr-18
no

18-Apr-18
I didn’t even click the link... what that tell ya?

18-Apr-18
I told my girlfriend of the past 6 years that I drew a NM elk tag, she said oh that's great maybe you can go straight there from Montana :)

18-Apr-18
My wife and my mother hunted together until my mother passed away at 92. I would come home and have to go out on our farm and drag. After my mother passed away, my wife began to hunt with me if I sat. If I stillhunt or track, she hunts out of a blind on our land with my granddaughter. She has really gotten into bowhunting at 72 years of age. As far as trapping, she and my 11 year old granddaughter are my trapping partners. They are better trappers than me. Their sets are perfect, plus they skin better than me.

18-Apr-18
Box Call..... No country music for you ?? I figured you to be a country guy Dan.

18-Apr-18
If she goes down that road, I simply sing a favorite of mine by Brooks and Dunn... "You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone"...

In complete disclosure my wife would a) never do that; b) always encourages me to chase my passion; and c) can’t sing.

18-Apr-18
My wife is happy when I leave LOL ??

18-Apr-18
Just leave the toilet seat up. Those tears of desperation will morph to throbbing veins of rage. Stay? Heck, you better already be packed. (I'm a problem solver. You're welcome.)

18-Apr-18
NO, I'm hunting, second cannot stand the nasally whiny voice! Would rather poke my eardrums out with a dull stick!

18-Apr-18
Yup, if my wife asked that way I would be staying.

18-Apr-18
My thoughts,I can't stomach this new age country music crap music crap.its no more than a whiny bunch of wanna bees banging trash can lids together.nope,just a bunch of pukes.

18-Apr-18
Yeah well maybe if she'd just stop talking

18-Apr-18
Just celebrated my 19th wedding anniversary yesterday. I can honestly say I got a good one. She doesn't hunt with me but she always helps me pack and get out the door with everything.

18-Apr-18
The short answer... No. I’m definitely hunting.

18-Apr-18
What I want to know is where does ol NY crossbow guy rank her?

18-Apr-18
Hunting season is "post rut" for me.

18-Apr-18
I’m gunna miss her .... When Im gone

18-Apr-18

18-Apr-18
Haha! Sounds like some of you bitter buggers must have suffered some serious “ground shrinkage” when you “tagged” your first wives.

A young man marries a girl believing that she’ll never change.

A young women marries a man believing that he will change.

Somewhere you have to find that happy medium.

18-Apr-18
Not a problem for me. Two years ago I got married to a Chinese national who has retained her condo in Sichuan Province. She wants to live there 3 months/year after she retires from teaching this July. Sept/Oct/Nov, depending on what hunting tags I draw each year. I will go there to visit during that time between hunts. Just $500 round trip that time of year. We agreed to this plan two years before we wed. We are both happy about it.

18-Apr-18
I open up this thread listen to the song read treeline response and start cracking up "YUP"

18-Apr-18
I agree Buck. I would only add....."Is this a trick question?"

18-Apr-18

PECO's Link
Could be worse, she could go with you.

18-Apr-18
Woods Walker....you should have posted the music video that goes along with the song. It’s hilarious.

19-Apr-18
When I met my wife , I was 30. We both knew it was right for us to be together. Never did purpose to her. I had 35 beagles at the time. My passion then was field trial beagles. We were out running my favorite beagle. I just reached into my pocket and pulled out the box with the ring. Been married 30 years this winter. She knew what she was getting into .

Got hooked on bow hunting , a couple years later. When friends and I would plan a weekend hunt, I would always hear "" i check with my wife" " sometimes we would go and sometimes not.

.Fast forward to 2005 , after she and I did several fly in fishing trips i met a bear guide in the area. My friends always couldn't go , for SOME REASON . My wife said they won't go but I will. We went and she sat with me filming me taking a bear with bow. On the way home , she said i would like to bear hunt next year. I had already bought her a bow, that she never shot much. So she practiced and was ready . The next year I filmed her taking a 340 lb bear. She has since taken several more bears . She holds out for big ones or does not shoot. She has taken several deer also since then . Next week we go turkey hunting in Michigan at the 45 acres THAT SHE INSISTED WE BUY i might add. End of May we go on a 2 week bear hunt . She was a city girl and was never exposed to the great outdoors . Now I have a real hunting buddy. Life is good !!

19-Apr-18
LMAO, PECO!! That was hilarious!!! :-D

19-Apr-18
REALLY, you use the word "LET" in your relationships?? What is she, your mother?

19-Apr-18
is the rut on?

19-Apr-18
Weigh staying a few more day's against a great hunt ? ? ?

You have / know your answer.

Let's see, have I packed everything, is the tank full ?

:^}

19-Apr-18
Peco..... dammit I think I married...then divorced your ex! Told her a month into dating that "I really like hunting, like it's my only passion in life and I wont give it up!" Her reply, "oh no problem! Go whenever you want!" .... Shudda known right then to run like hell! She'd be mad for 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after I went anywhere... damn crazy beech... tree.

19-Apr-18
I'm with ground hunter on this one all the way...

19-Apr-18

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
When In Doubt, Refer To This
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
When In Doubt, Refer To This

19-Apr-18
I respect my wife and if she needs me or wants me home, I'll stay, but she doesn't lay any guilt trips on me and has no objection to me going out hunting whenever I need to fill tags. At least she doesn't say she has a problem, but I could tell if she did, and I'd gauge it by her reaction when I say I'm going. After a while you know what they really need/want by the look on her face and the tone of her voice. If you are smart and want no conflict, you will go along with her wishes. If you don't care, good luck on a happy marriage.

19-Apr-18
Yes Trapper! You know the language! ;-)

19-Apr-18
"We both knew it was right for us to be together."

This is awesome.

19-Apr-18
My lady has accompanied me a 2 hunts. I killed on both. I don't like that she watches me plan, celebrate when I draw a tag, prepare, train, and then starts to "boo-day" the week before I'm scheduled to leave. I have hunted while in A-Fib in 2010 and once again in 2015. There is little I won't endure or put up with when it comes to hunting elk or mule deer. That said, I do love the woman and if it was serious, I would consider staying.

As for Ogoki: Your wife is a "Keeper" for sure. I must ask: Does she have a cute younger sister (with a deer lease) that likes her man to be older, salty, and bit overweight? LOL! LaGriz

19-Apr-18
My wife doesn’t mind me leaving, but my girlfriend gets a little upset lol

19-Apr-18
Gone.

A guy can always find another woman but you can’t ever get back hunting time in the mountains if you stay home and waste it with a winey one.

Go huntin!

19-Apr-18
I’m glad I’m not the only guy out there who knows that my plans and preferences are by far the most important thing in life (for everybody) whether they realize it or not. Tough luck kids and women, I’m number one around here.

19-Apr-18
Please note the sarcasm

19-Apr-18
My wife goes with me. Marry smart Grasshopper.

20-Apr-18
Man, I'm thinking we are going to start seeing divorce lawyers as sponsors on Bowsite ??

20-Apr-18
Ya gotta be kidding me. SOP in my house is before you set your wedding dates check with me first, I might be on a hunting trip.

20-Apr-18
The 4 words most folks fear..."We need to talk..." The 4 words that matter the most... "You got a tag"

20-Apr-18
“My girlfriend doesn’t mind me leaving”

Neither does the mailman. ;)

20-Apr-18
When I tell my wife I want to book a hunting trip, she smiles and says "gun or bow, for what and where we going?"

20-Apr-18
"The 4 words most folks fear..."We need to talk..."..."

Yes, and the worst thing about it is that there's no "WE" involved....or at least in the talking part. What it means in womanspeak is........"I will talk/rant, and YOU will sit there, shut up and take it!"

20-Apr-18
pull the man card now !

21-Apr-18
I first said 'I Do' on 1987.

I said 'I dont' in 1987.

Said 'I do' again in 1989

Said 'I dont' in 2010

I kilt many animals since 1987 :) maybe something contributed to that

21-Apr-18
"I do" Dec 1984 "I don't" Feb 1990 "I do" July 2015 after a 10 year probation period

21-Apr-18
Jerry Reed got it........... ;-)

"Well, I guess it was back in sixty-three

When eatin' my cookin' got the better of me

So I asked this little girl I was goin' with To be my wife

Well, she said she would

So I said, "I do"

But I'd-a said "I wouldn't" if I'd-a just knew

How sayin' "I do" was gonna screw up all my o' my life"

21-Apr-18
She got the gold mine,I got the shaft.split it rite down the middle,but she got the bigger half,lol

22-Apr-18
If you can’t put yourself 2nd, you shouldn’t get married. That’s something a person needs to understand going in. The beauty of a good marriage though, is the opposite party is thinking the same thing. If you count on the opposite party thinking that way, then you’re fooling yourself - you haven’t put yourself 2nd.

If that doesn’t sound like a good idea, marriage isn’t for everyone, but I can’t imagine life without my wife, or my daughter for that matter.

05-Jun-18

Shaft's Link
Try this device for women language. OWL, you are a hoot. (pun intended) I am still chuckling about the toilet seat problem solver.

• Sitka Gear