sitO 21-Apr-18
BOX CALL 21-Apr-18
Ben 21-Apr-18
BC173 21-Apr-18
drycreek 21-Apr-18
t-roy 21-Apr-18
jims 21-Apr-18
19-Apr-18
What is the easiest turkey diaphragm call. My coworker picked up a $10 2 pack and I’m convinced I got the crappy one. I sound like a dying turkey.

19-Apr-18
Use that one when you’re coyote hunting !!

19-Apr-18
The more reeds they have the tougher they are to work. The cut pattern decides a lot about what a call sounds like. As well as the ability of the guy using it.... Having said all that, some of the worst turkey callers ive ever heard in the woods turned out to be turkeys. So watch some videos, practice a lot and do ur best. It doesn't take "world championship" calling to kill a bird

19-Apr-18
If you sound like a “sick” turkey with one you’ll sound like a sick turkey with them all.... I know the sick sound your speaking of I’ve heard it before.. will take some practice to get that to go away... but that being said a weak love struck tom or two has lowered their standards for weak hens and paid the price for it ;-)

19-Apr-18
I really like the Woodhaven calls. They are easy to get very good sounds from. The raspy hens sound great and have brought in a lot of birds for me.

19-Apr-18
I’m currently using the flextone freak out. I think It sucks or maybe I just can’t call.

19-Apr-18
X2 "The more reeds they have the tougher they are to work." The easiest mouth call by far for me has been Tom Teasers! I have ran them straight out of the package.

19-Apr-18
As well as with elk mouth calls, if you are new, it will just take practice. I have a flextone I like, it is smaller, fits well, and sounds, good to me. Try a Primos call, their design was easy for me to learn on, with elk calls.

19-Apr-18
You don't have to sound like a world class caller to draw turkeys in, same with elk. Simple yelp series with a cut or two thrown in will bring turkeys to you. As was previously mentioned, some of the worst sounding callers in the woods are actually the animals themselves. Try a simple double reed with or without a notch or cut in one....and practice. you'll be fine. The hardest thing about diaphragms is finding the one that fits your mouth correctly and is comfortable to use. Good Luck!

19-Apr-18
Appalachian custom calls makes some very nice easy to use mouth calls I’ve taken several birds with them good luck Lewis

19-Apr-18
Ghost cut calls are the easiest for me. simple design. Soft yelps.

19-Apr-18
I've had good luck with the primos turkey reeds, especially the limb hanger. The quaker boy ones are good too

19-Apr-18
My favorite is the Mile High Note diaphragms but in a pinch I'll use anything. We once showed up at midnight 4 hours from home having forgot the pack with calls in it. A pop can, duct tape, condom and some redneck engineering saved the day.

19-Apr-18
Tom Teasers . Best I have used in 30 years. Love them. Crisp and on point right out of the package. Hunt

19-Apr-18
I like Perfections.

19-Apr-18
My brother makes them. So you will find them in about every compartment of my trucks or anything with hunting stuff in it. Its pretty cool sending him a pic with a dead turkey and mouth call he made.

21-Apr-18
HS Strut Raspy Old Hen

21-Apr-18
Here ya go...

21-Apr-18
I have a real high and narrow palate and a partial plate and could never get a mouth call to work.guess that's why I make my own box calls.if I try blowing a owl hooter too hard,my partial pops loose.hey,it mite be a sound they never heard before.its all good.

21-Apr-18
Kyle, That's too funny! I think she's confused about how to operate a call, but she's got my undivided attention!

21-Apr-18
Funny thing about those diaphragms, the more you use them the easier it becomes. Those who say they can’t use one, either they never learned properly or they don’t practice enough. Even people with a small or narrow palate can. Either cut most of the tape off or go to a smaller frame.

21-Apr-18
sitO, LMAO !

21-Apr-18
Sounded AND looked like she had it down perfectly to me!

21-Apr-18
I have a narrow face and mouth so end up trimming my mouth calls to fit. Once I trim a call that's comfortable in my mouth I'll use it to draw and trim others. I've always liked Woodhaven calls. They have a variety of cuts and reeds to choose from. I often use a couple different calls (especially if sitting in one spot for any length of time) to change things up. I learned a lot by watching YouTube calling videos....and practicing along with the videos! Make sure your wife and kids are gone and your house windows are closed or family and neighbors may go nuts!

• Sitka Gear