Julius Koenig 25-Apr-18
ELKMAN 26-Apr-18
Wapitidung 30-Apr-18
Robbo 30-Apr-18
AndyJ 01-May-18
Ucsdryder 01-May-18
thehairlessone 01-May-18
24-Apr-18
Looking to get a budget back tension release with a safety, Ive shot the sweet spot and didn’t like it, I did however like the STAN perfeX long neck but can’t imagine paying $250 for it. Looking for new or used back tension with safety.

24-Apr-18
I shoot a spot hog whippersnapper thumb release. Not exactly what you are looking for, but at half the cost it’s worth a try. I love mine, and I shot a Stan for awhile before I got this one.

25-Apr-18
In my opinion the sweet spot is the best out there once you fix it. The carter honey 2 is right behind it, but also needs a modification in my opinion. Because of the way they're made you can't get them set correctly; they will always have a minimum amount of rotation before the sear starts to move off the half moon. I have both and currently use the sweet spot pro.

25-Apr-18
Since the two you have tried are pretty different, the sweet spot is a hinge and the perfex is resistance activated, are you preferring one style over another?

25-Apr-18
I’ve got 2 Carter Backstrap releases with safeties. PM me if interested

25-Apr-18
Just get one without the safety and learn to use it. There are SOOOO many better options if you do. The new TruFire Sear release is a dandy, as is the good old HBC... JMO

25-Apr-18
I have used the Scott Longhorn hunter for years for hunting and it works great. Simple and easy to use. Not super cheap at $150, but not crazy expensive. Only disadvantage is that you have to be careful out hunting or it can make a clinking sound if you don't hold it right.

25-Apr-18
Bought the STAN perfex punched myself in the face twice. 80lbs is quite the punch

25-Apr-18
Elkman I have a sear and like it. Thoughts on sear vs HBc?

25-Apr-18
I use a sweet spot. I have a couple actually. I have found that when hunting, I like knowing the release is not on “go” until I am. To each their own, but I like this release.

26-Apr-18
I like the sear better because of the changeable click speed/depth, and the modular design is nice being able to go from 3 to 4 finger, with adjust-ability on the top finger. The HBC is nice because of the micro drive on the half moon and ergonomics. Over all I like the Sear the best.

30-Apr-18
Just got a sweet spot. I really like it. I was shooting a Stan pull through and the weather does affect the spring in a pull through. Some days are touchy and other days not. All weather related.

30-Apr-18
I have shot the Whalen hooker for several years for 3D and Hunting and love the release. Very simple and quiet

01-May-18
I've tried lots of them and I always come back to a scott longhorn. I tried the honey. When I was on with it I was really on, but unless I missed something, the safety was unreliable and there was very little adjustability. Totally agree with ELKMAN, don't worry about the safety. FYI-you'll get worse before you get better, but stick with it.

01-May-18
Thanks elkman. I really like the sear and the price can’t be beat if you dig around a little.

01-May-18
i got the stan element a couple weeks ago. I think I am really going to like it but it is going to take some time and practice to get good with it

rick

• Sitka Gear