Glunt@work 29-Apr-18
Butternut40 30-Apr-18
pointingdogs 30-Apr-18
Duke 30-Apr-18
Butternut40 01-May-18
Butternut40 06-May-18
AZBUGLER 06-May-18
29-Apr-18
Hit the woods yesterday for the first time and darn near got it done. Had a tom coming in on a string until a big turkey fight broke out and the tom lost interest in me. After sitting in the blind for awhile my mind began to wonder. I need some new stuff as I hit the point in time where things are getting old. My mouth calls are all tired, my bag for my blind bit the dust (dry rotted), my box call that I lost in Missouri 15 years ago hasn't been replaced and I am in desperate need of a bow holder. I recall a thread last year on best pack frames for hauling a blind but was unable to find. I mainly use mouth calls but would like to throw in a box call. So I'm looking for recommendations on a good sounding box call, pack frame for hauling the DB T5 around and a bow holder.

29-Apr-18
For a pack check out the Blind Hog

29-Apr-18
Big Game Treestands ground blind bow holders.

I have three of them they work great.

29-Apr-18
The Blind Hog pack is made by Beard Buster. There are some video reviews on you tube.

29-Apr-18
Thanks, the price is right on the pack.

29-Apr-18
The Primos Wet Box is an inexpensive great sounding call.

29-Apr-18

PECO's Link
These are fun to put together and are only $10. They sound good also.

29-Apr-18
I have used the Blind Hogg Pack about 10 yrs. I carry my DB Matrix and 2 or 3 chairs in it. I carry my three DSD’s in a different mesh sack altogether. When I used collapsible dekes I just strapped the in the pack too. The Blind Hogg Pack is tough and economical. I would buy another if I needed it.

29-Apr-18
Quakerboy double purr, local hardware store for some vinyl coated hooks Or bend a coat hanger.

Packpack frames can be acquired at many secondhand , thrift stores for less that ten bucks. Take off the old bag (usually rotten anyway), add a few bungee cords or rope to the aluminum frame. They work great for hauling blinds. A good cheap deer and elk pack frame for hauling, stands, bagged meat too.

29-Apr-18
Good ideas.

29-Apr-18
I would sell that T5 it is way out dated.

29-Apr-18
I second the primos wet box had one for years and love it.

29-Apr-18
I agree with Hunt Man. Send me a PM and I'll help you get rid of it ;)

29-Apr-18
Hunt lol that is one item that just gets better with time.

29-Apr-18
The Blind Hog is a good one. I carried mine in an old internal frame pack but the Blind Hog is set up for a blind, couple chairs, pockets for calls and lunch and enough stuff area for decoys and a jacket. Lots of straps to snug everything down and the price is right. Can't help with a bow holder, I just knock an arrow and lean my longbow against the side of the blind.

I use mostly mouth reeds but the old Lynch 101 is my favorite box call and the Primos Power Crystal with a purpleheart striker is my favorite slate call.

30-Apr-18
Blind Hog ordered and looking forward to trying it out.

30-Apr-18
Box call: "Mystic" made by Woods Wise. Works wet. Reasonable $. I'm on my 4th in many many years.

30-Apr-18
There are many new and better blinds available... Time to get rid of that T5. I’d probably be willing to help you out and pitch a few bones your way.

Take your time picking up turkey “stuff”... Keep an open mind and field test all of it!

01-May-18
I bet you would. I noticed a nice T5 in your trophy pics :) At 14 years old, mine's not even broke in. I must not hunt enough. Good luck to you this season.

06-May-18

Butternut40's embedded Photo
Butternut40's embedded Photo
Well it turns out the blind hog was on back order until June so I picked up the Alps Commander frame. It works great. I have the DB blind, day pack, two Avian X decoys, tripod and chair coming in around 40 pounds.

06-May-18
Won’t go into the woods without my Lynch’s Fool Proof box call. If you take car of them , they will last a lifetime!

• Sitka Gear