HUNT MAN 30-Apr-18
Whocares 30-Apr-18
Bowfreak 01-May-18
LKH 03-May-18
LKH 03-May-18
oldgoat 04-May-18
Whip 04-May-18
30-Apr-18
Assuming you pack in a few miles and set up camp and then hunt from there. What are you leaving at camp and what do you pack with you daily to hunt?

30-Apr-18
I will drop most of all of camp and extra food. When I go hunt . Kill kit , food bag and extra clothes. Hunt

30-Apr-18
Like Hunt said, all camp and food stays, but seems my pack for the day always weighs 20-25 pounds. Go through the routine every year to see how to lighten it but nothing I would leave behind for the day. Need things for the kill, extra clothes for the changing conditions during the day, rain gear, head lamps and spare batteries, grub for the day. water, one match if an unplanned overnight or weather requires a fire :) And then wander off in the pre-dawn darkness living the dream. And wander back to camp in the dark, if you can remember where you left it, still dreaming. Or some days with the meat bags and rope no longer in your pack!

01-May-18
Thanks all. I have a Nomad II that I really like. I plan to pack camp in a dry bag and drop it. Then hunt with essentials. I was just curious what others consider essential for a day hunt.

03-May-18
It really depends on where your are. First Dall hunt I took a military pad, bivey sack, polar fleece sleeping bag liner, rain gear, food and other survival gear. I was alone in the Tok, before cel or satellite things like SPOT. I ended up in for 14 days and knew that If I broke a leg I had to be able to survive until they came looking for me.

In the Breaks I take a bag and pad plus the essentials if the forecast is good.

Goat hunts we left a clamp lid 55 gal barrel with extra tent, canned food, booze, and treats at boat drop site (bears) and then went up with 6-8 days gear and food.

03-May-18

04-May-18
Kill kit (not sure why), Steri-pen, nalgene, 2L Dromelite, flat tarp, Inreach, power pack, emergency gear, food for the day, just normal stuff

04-May-18
Food for the day, water, headlamp, puffy jacket or vest, small first aid kit, and kill kit. My kill kit is more extensive than most if I'm hunting alone. In addition to the standard knives and game bags I have a lightweight pulley set up with ropes. Weighs about a pound, but I once killed a bull alone that died in a bad spot. I had a heck of a time getting him boned. It also includes a small light trap, and that serves as my rain protection as well for afternoon storms. If I'm expecting a chance of more prolonged rain that day rain gear goes in as well.

• Sitka Gear