Jaquomo 30-Apr-18
Shawn 30-Apr-18
Bigfishhunter 30-Apr-18
Russell 30-Apr-18
Russ Koon 02-May-18
Jaquomo 02-May-18
wooddamon1 02-May-18
30-Apr-18
I bought the new 5mm easton arrows, and they dont fit in my current quiver. Dang.

Is there anything I can do to make the grabbers hold a bit tighter? I was thinking of trying to paint the inside with that liquid rubber in a can or something?? Any other thoughts?

30-Apr-18

yooper89's Link
What kind of quiver?

I had the same issue recently. Had an old Apex quiver that held my 340 Gold Tip arrows. Switched my arrow setup to the Black Eagle Deep Impacts and they rattled like crazy in it. Ended up finding a nice Tight Spot quiver on Rokslide for cheap and now have zero issues. The neat thing about the Tight Spots is that they have the ability to adjust the arrow grippers individually.

30-Apr-18
We shoot 5mm FMJ's and all of our bows are equipped with Tight Spot's. They seem to be the best option for securely griping the small diameter arrows that I've found. Great quiver as well!

30-Apr-18
I've seen guys cut small pieces of adhesive backed felt or velcro to take up space and create a tighter fit.

30-Apr-18
TightSpot. I now have that problem with my recurve as well. TS cured it for my compound might have to bite the bullet on the curve.

30-Apr-18
Adam, Selway makes a small-diameter clip to retrofit their standard quiver. Costs a whopping $6.

30-Apr-18
You can also buy thick small rubber bands. I believe Selway or great Northern makes them and you stretch them around the arrow holders individually. Shawn

30-Apr-18
That tight spot quiver is a pricey little unit.

Current Quiver is a Champion. Really nice quiver and has laste for a lot of years. Might try the rubber band trick. What about the Trophy Ridge Lite 1?

30-Apr-18

Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
Had same problem. Used some safety wire and laced the base of each arrows rubber holders. Worked good. Did that a couple years ago.

02-May-18
Also had the same problem back when I went from 2219's to carbons.

Solved mine with some black plastic electrical tape. Tried it first on one arrow slot to determine how many wraps would give the right amount of adjustment to the fit. Then measured the length and duplicated it for the rest of the eight-arrow quiver. Worked great and I'm still using that quiver twenty years later, with the same tape still wrapped around it to shim the arrows out to where they get a good fit.

Worked best for me to slice into the roll of tape to split the tape into two narrower strips before peeling off the strips off alternate sides as I used them.

Russell's idea above would pobably be quicker and also pretty much free, and if I'd thought of it back then, I'd probably have tried that first.

And now that I've become more aware of the many uses of paracord, I suspect that would also be good alternative material for the wrapping.

02-May-18
I did exactly what Russ did on one of my quivers and still going strong as well.

02-May-18
Rubber O rings or those small rubber bands the wimminz use have worked for me.

• Sitka Gear