Timbrhuntr 02-May-18
Timbrhuntr 02-May-18
Coyote 65 02-May-18
Coyote 65 03-May-18
Matt 03-May-18
Timbrhuntr 03-May-18
smarba 03-May-18
02-May-18
Looking for someone to taxidermy a fan, thought about the whole bird, but I live in a small house and that would take up a lot of wall space. Anyone have a favorite vendor?

Terry

02-May-18
I can't help you with an AZ taxidermist but a turkey fan is an easy do it yourself project. Clean off most of the meat, spread out the fan and tack it down, apply a generous amount of Borax to the base area and let it dry out. After it is dried either make or buy a plaque to mount the fan on.

02-May-18
agree on the Do it your self. Very easy

02-May-18
Get one of those clothes hangers with the clamps and hold it open, trim off all the meat you can and a good dose of salt or borax. Easy to do and very inexpensive.

02-May-18
Call Chris Favour Mountain View Taxidermy in Flagstaff.

Although as others have said, it's really easy to do, clean it all off good and pour borax on all the meat area spread the fan out and pin it down with furring strips or books even until it dries

02-May-18
That's a terrible video !

02-May-18
If your gonna do a video why nor do it right instead of tell how you would have done. Brutal. Plus if you don't get those oil glands out yuk. I guess i dont want bugs i am meticulous in cleaning the meat etc off the tail.

02-May-18
Thanks bb, sent them an email and they got right back to me. Prices start at $190.00

Terry

03-May-18
Cost me more than that to ship it to you, but thanks for the offer.

Terry

03-May-18
Fans are simple, stupid easy. Get a piece of plywood to nail the butt to and then spread the fan and tack it wide. I put a small nail ahead of the last feather on each side and then a small nail ahead of the feathers that are 3, 5 and maybe 8 in. Cover the butt in table salt and change it out every few days. After a month or so, the flesh in the butt will become hard and you can mount it to a plaque.

03-May-18
Getting the tail off tutorial http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,194860.0.html

This a good tutorial on mounting the tail https://vanheldengamecalls.weebly.com/diy-projects--blog/archives/03-2013

03-May-18
Yeah, a piece of plywood, nails, salt & borax...doesn't get much easier as far as do-it-yourself projects.

• Sitka Gear