StickFlicker 06-May-18
Adventurewriter 06-May-18
Surfbow 07-May-18
Adventurewriter 07-May-18
jims 09-May-18
Fuzz 11-May-18
Adventurewriter 11-May-18
06-May-18
Going to cash in all my Colorado points for a good tag...I have lots of experience in hunting them and have not really been able to tack down their rate of growth over the summer...i saw a chart once...but remember thinking I did'nt think it was accurate...I was out this weekend poking around and saw some decent ones...but do they add 2-3 6-8 inches??? I know it is hard to say...the tops are done and grow over the winter....any thoughts on how it unfolds ???

06-May-18
I'm not sure how much more growth they will have i dont think a bunch. Seen an absolute giant friday in Colorado. What unit will you be hunting?

06-May-18

StickFlicker's Link
Here's an article on antelope horn growth from Guy Eastman.

06-May-18
Stick Flicker....thanks...wow those are some toads in your pictures wow.........kinda knew what was in the article...but just wondering percentages...you know on and average if May 1st you have a 13 inch buck likely he will add so much.....seems like I saw a visual spreadsheet someplace along the way....

07-May-18
I don't know the science either, but there's at least one up near Larkspur that is an absolute monster already with some of the longest horns I think I've ever seen.

07-May-18
Surf bow that sounds cool but sounds like they might be more done that I would hope already????.....looking for a gagger like that !!!!

09-May-18
I've already seen some pretty good horn length and prongs on several bucks. Horn growth should be around 90% done by the 4th of July.

11-May-18
Nice article... learned quite a bit!

11-May-18
Not just here but getting some real mixed views from people who are wise in such things. I also have been looking at them for 45 years...some say pretty much done now...others not until August... just going to start drilling down to find "the one" (and a couple backups) about the end of July

• Sitka Gear