axle2axle 09-May-18
delkslayr 09-May-18
Kodiak 09-May-18
delkslayr 09-May-18
TEmbry 10-May-18
BOWUNTR 10-May-18
UltimatePred 10-May-18
08-May-18
I'm reaching out to see if any one on here has an ultimate predator bow mounted mountain goat decoy that they bought for their hunt and no longer need and want to sell? I have had great luck with my elk decoy and seemed like it might be a good thing to have in my tool box for my goat hunt this fall. Does any one have any experience with how they work on goats?

09-May-18
Never used one. But I’m sure it would work pretty well. Considering guys wear white suits and get up on mountain goats!

09-May-18
I was going to get one if I drew a tag. once your hunt is over you could sell it the following year to someone else who draws a tag.

09-May-18
Hey delkslayr...I'd carefully consider the mountainous conditions (think wind) you would be hunting goats in. Having anything attached to your bow in those conditions could make a shot tougher. Decoy suit on the other hand does not seem to effect shooting form...but the goal is the same...fake them out for a close range shoot. Anyway, food for thought. Kevin

09-May-18
Kevin, Thanks for that thought, something good to think about. I was just curious to see if anyone on here had actually used one on goats! Goats aren't an animal I get to spend much/if any time around normally to know how they act.

09-May-18
Where's your tag zone?

09-May-18
Kodiak, I drew the G5 tag but hope to find one outside of the Chicago basin.

10-May-18
I have one but no way I'd sell it . Goats are now an annual hunt for us up north!

10-May-18
Whatever Trevor.... Ed F

10-May-18
Hey David, Thank you for your interest in our Mountain Goat Decoy, and thank you for your business! I'm very happy to hear you have had fun with the elk decoy. We came out with the mountain goat late last year. It was right before the season for most. Therefore, we didn't get them in the hands of very many hunters. However, we still had several customers have success with them. I noticed you were a Colorado guy. We are actually based out of Colorado Springs and make our goats in Denver.

In fact, two of the goat harvests we heard about were CO kills. Below is a picture of one of them. Wind is certainly an issue you would want to consider. I personally like the combination of both the decoy and a white suit. If it's super windy you can go with the suit. However, if it's not, the use of the decoy is super beneficial in close quarters when you need to draw. It will drastically reduce the odds of spooking your goat considering your draw motion will be blocked and you will already be in a raised position which is not usually the situation with the suit.

• Sitka Gear