Thornton 13-May-18
EZBreazy 14-May-18
leftee 14-May-18
wyobullshooter 14-May-18
maxracx 14-May-18
YZF-88 14-May-18
wilbur 14-May-18
11-May-18
I've been a European Optics snob forever, but a while back I purchased a Vortex Rangefinder, mainly because I liked the size/shape and I liked the belt clip. Anyway, I've used it hard, all over North America, and its been great. But I was hog hunting in Texas last month and I noticed the calibration was off, by 2 yards at 20. So, I sent it back to Vortex to be re-calibrated and when I got it back today it was replaced, no charge, with no questions asked, with a brand new unit. So, a big thanks to Vortex and a ringing endorsement for their tremendous customer service.

11-May-18
I am a Vortex fanboy, I have one of their rifle scopes. I believe they are a solid company with a solid, fair priced product. Stand by though, there are plenty of Vortex haters here.

12-May-18
Vortex is an excellent company with great warranty service...but if you want optical quality there are better options.

12-May-18
Replaced my diamondbacks with the newer model. No questions asked. I was happy enough with their service I purchased a razor spotting scope.

12-May-18
Vortex provides good value and has a great warranty/customer service - but frankly, they pretty much have to because their product quality/reliability is hit or miss. I have a couple of their rifle scopes and no issues to date, but I personally wouldn't put a Vortex scope on a rifle I really had to count on.

12-May-18
I hope they step up their QC, if its possible at some of the price points they seem to want to focas on. They arent on my optics radar at this point unless they do a 180

13-May-18
I purchased their 1500 yard rangefinder last fall. Couldn't be happier.

13-May-18
I have never bought any Vortex products but am interested to know what their quality/reliability issues are. I have never heard anyone unhappy that owned their products. Optic quality is often too subjective once you pass a certain price point and get into the upper end optics.

13-May-18
I have a pair of vipers, Kaibabs, a spotting scope and a range finder. only warranty issue so far has been on the Kaibabs that my son dropped. They fixed the bent eye piece no questions asked.

13-May-18
I have two on target rifles, one each on my wife's and my hunting rifles. All vipers with flawless optics. Plans are to pick up one of their spotting scopes soon.

13-May-18
Love my vortex binos, absolutely hated my ranger range finder

13-May-18
I worked in optics a bit and Vortex seems to be a good value. Pretty common to get a replacement these days on many mid range optics because the technician with the parts, tooling and skill to repair them is 5000 miles away.

13-May-18
Carcus, was your rangefinder the 1000 or 1500? The 1000 never received rave reviews. That is what led me to the 1500.

13-May-18
I've used a cheap pair of $200 Vortex Crossfire binocs from Oklahoma to Canada and like them very much. Their low end Diamondback spotting scope is very dark and fuzzy on 60x though and I've seen their high end Razor model fall apart in the field.

14-May-18
I have the 1500 rangefinder. It is great. My Vortex spotter and Kaibab 15x bino are marginal optically for the price point. My Meopta and Leupolds are just much much better HD compared to HD and near the same price levels. When it comes to rifle scopes every Vortex I have owned (I think I have 3 pst and 2-3 HD) have been excellent values and rock solid. They are optically superb as well. Similar to my Nighforce or Kahles. Not sure what the difference is between the rifle scope and other optic lines but they seem to be trying to hit a higher bar with their rifle scopes, at least the upper end products.

14-May-18
You get what you pay for-plus customer service.

14-May-18
For binocs, I have the Viper 10x42's, as well as the Diamondback 12x50's. I also have the 1500 rangefinder. They all do amazingly well for what I use them for. As far as the rangefinder goes, I also wasn't impressed with the reviews on the 1000, so that's why I went with the 1500 and am certainly glad I did.

14-May-18
Vortex is a Family owned, Veteran owned company. Great products with the best customer service in the business. I have owned many other brands of optics and I am very happy with all my Vortex products.

14-May-18

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
I've had their 14-48 x 60mm Razor HD spotting scope for a few years. No issues and many hours behind it. Great price point. I really enjoy taking pictures and video through it. Even with my crappy 2nd hand phone, it takes decent pics/video.

14-May-18

wilbur's embedded Photo
Vortex Razor digiscope photo. Poor hen is pancake flat.
wilbur's embedded Photo
Vortex Razor digiscope photo. Poor hen is pancake flat.

• Sitka Gear