Outdoordan 14-May-18
TreeWalker 14-May-18
wytex 17-May-18
Bob H in NH 17-May-18
ChasingFAHL 17-May-18
keepemsharp 17-May-18
ChasingFAHL 17-May-18
11-May-18
Im searching for a ranch to rent for a family/friends group that will be trying to hunt Wyoming lope this fall. We have zero points and figured this is the best route without hiring an outfitter. Thanks!

13-May-18
nobody?

13-May-18
Never heard of someone renting a whole ranch to hunt on. Maybe finding a ranch to hunt for a trespass fee is possible. They do exist.

13-May-18
There's a ton of public land in WY. Lots and lots of antelope. Your chances of leasing a ranch this late is pretty slim if you can even find one to lease, and it will cost a bundle. I'd suggest picking a zero-point unit and staying in town. You may be able to find a. trespass fee ranch, maybe even get permission by knocking on doors. Ranchers don't like antelope unless they are in the hunting business.

You might also get some suggestions from the local Game and Fish office about who might offer trespass fee hunts. They're engaged in that sort of stuff.

14-May-18
"Ranchers don't like antelope unless they are in the hunting business." Isn't that the truth. I once knocked on a door in Montana to antelope hunt. The rancher asked me "how many tags you have?" I said "one". He said "come back when you have at least 5 more".

14-May-18
Outdoordan, can I please have that rancher's phone #? :)

14-May-18
Lol, I wish I had it. I was driving down driveways, but, he lived somewhere between Lewistown and Grass range. Another rancher we stopped at said "well, I usually let a few guys in, but already have a few guys coming in a couple weeks". Then he paused and said "but, if a bottle of gin happened to end up on my porch, well I just might let a couple guys hunt it now". We had that rented minivan throwing gravel all the way to Lewistown, LOL. Although these days I don't believe it is that easy...

14-May-18
Ranchers may not go out of their way to get in the hunting business but outfitters make it easy. Consider this example. The outfitter can put 10 pronghorn hunters at $2000 a pop on a decent private chunk of land and have all 10 tags filled as long as that chunk of private land has public hunters around it bumping the pronghorn back onto the private with a shot or two.

If the landowner gets $5000 of the $20,000 then not only is that $5000 of "found" money but the rancher can also now say the outfitter's contract is exclusive. Alas, the rancher must decline requests from any free-loaders wanting on his land for free to hunt pronghorn such as the guy at the auto parts store or the coach of the pee wee team or the annoying BIL. The rancher gets to focus on ranching. In peace. With $5000 in his pocket.

17-May-18
So you looking to lease a ranch, you're a little late for that this fall. Trespass fee can be had but don't count on having exclusive access.

17-May-18
WY F&G lists some ranchers that have public access, walk in access and for a call they would probably tell you who will let you for a fee.

Hurry up though, drawing deadline is 5/31

17-May-18
I would be interested in a trespass fee even. We don't have much info on unit 11 but would like to have a decent chance of chasing some lope.

17-May-18
I looked into WY antelope for a grad present for my son. It got SOOOcomplicated, 120 units, all sorts of dates and availabilities, different draw odds as opposed to easy I gave up. I even had a past KS guy on their staff helping. We gave up and went to Ontario fishing.

17-May-18
I have hunted wyoming 3 times and haven't had any issues but Ive always hunted public. Due to 4 guys and a short window of time this year, we were hoping to get something secured on private.

• Sitka Gear