Zim 14-May-18
Trial153 14-May-18
kscowboy 14-May-18
Paul@thefort 14-May-18
Charlie Rehor 14-May-18
Bowbender 14-May-18
Royboy 15-May-18
13-May-18
Picked up a Hoyt Hyperforce the end of April. I really like the bow. However, based on the pro-shops recommendation I went with a Axcel Armortech 4 pin sight. The sight seems built like a tank. Has 3 axis adjustment. I like the knob micro click for adjusting elevation and windage. I really really want to like the sight, but I don't. The sight ring is not that bright in low light conditions, nor are the pins. I could barely see them ten minutes after sunset in my yard. Can't imagine what it would be like in the woods at quitting time.

So let me hear your thoughts and recommendations on what to put on. I do like the micro click on the gang adjust, as well as 2nd axis adjustment. What I really want is a bright sight ring and pins.

13-May-18
Can’t do better than a Black Gold Sight. Lots of options to meet your needs/preferences. Check out their website.

13-May-18
So many good options. Spot hogg makes a great sight that’s bullet proof and as good as any.

13-May-18
Something is up, I've had several axcel armortech sights, never had an issue in low light, and i often practice in low light. I usually quit shooting when i cant see the target and the sight is still good, and thats without the light

13-May-18
I have shot spot Hogg for years. I recently switched to a Montana black gold for my new bow. I am taking the spot Hogg off my other bow and going with black gold on that one as well.

The pin brightness is amazing. I shot a bear a manitoba that my wife couldn’t because her spot Hogg was too dark.

14-May-18
HHA.

14-May-18
Spott Hogg is a great sight if weight is not an issue. I have three different models. But the Montana black gold is as good and less weight.

14-May-18
I would call the manufacture for guidance.

If that fails, call Black Gold and talk with them regarding features you need. Some of their sights have brighter pins than others.

14-May-18
I would steer clear of a sight unless the fiber optic is completely enclosed in the sight pin body. I've owned a few sights including a few black gold and the axcel is the best and toughest, and brighter than I've needed, haven't tried the spot hogg but it looks really good

14-May-18
Thanks for the input, guys. The Axcel is definitely a solid robust sight. I'm just not fond of the lack of brightness shortly after sunset. Being predominantly a whitetail hunter, pin brightness and sight ring visibility is really important those last 20-25 minutes. Gonna check out a few of the Hoggs and the MBG Revenge or Widowmaker.

14-May-18
I can't speak to the Axcel but I've owned Spott Hogg, CBE & MBG. I purchased the MBG ascent verdict slider (multi-pin slider) last year and it's been the best I've ever had. Call customer service and they'll get you hooked up with the ideal whitetail setup, their custom shop has some cool options too.

14-May-18
You’d be hard pressed to find better pins in brightness and function the MBG

14-May-18
MBG all the way. I have the 5 pin with 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 with the 60 being the floater. For older eyes, single pins become a necessity, hence why you hear of a lot of single pin guys on here. Not to mention animals move and it would suck for an elk to be at 20, spook and stop at 40 broadside and you are adjusting for the new range.

14-May-18
Tom, what dia are the pins on your sight? might make a difference in low light.

14-May-18
Also check out the MBG Verdict. I use the three pin slider and really like it. Good luck. C

14-May-18
Paul,

Yeah, I wondered about that. All the pins are .019. Small diameter, less light gathering ability. I would really like an .029 for my 25 yard pin and .019 for the 40, 50 & 60 yard pins.

15-May-18
I sent my sight in and asked for all green pins. For me i can see the green ones best and it’s okay that they are the same color.

• Sitka Gear