Ward's Outfitters 15-May-18
altitude sick 15-May-18
Kurt 15-May-18
nmwapiti 15-May-18
Trial153 15-May-18
altitude sick 15-May-18
planebow 15-May-18
15-May-18
Has anyone used the Garmin Inreach Explorer. I have a Western wilderness elk hunt. Then a Cape Buffalo hunt planned for its use. What plan should I get?

15-May-18
I always get a 1 month plan and unlimited messages and waypoints. I like to keep my dad and brother informed. And they love knowing whats going on. Totally depends on what you want to do with it and how much you want to spend.

15-May-18
I’ve only used the month-long plan for elk hunting. Even in the middle of a wilderness, at 12,100ft I ended up having reception on the top of the mountain.

Was good to have it just in case, though.

15-May-18
I have the month to month plan with unlimited messaging and location, I use it while in old mexico. This is a great tool to have I won't travel out of country without it.

15-May-18
Great to hear. I was thinking the unlimited monthly also. Since I only need it for 2 different hunts. Spread out

15-May-18
I use the unlimited plan when I am hunting out of cell coverage. Otherwise I downgrade to keep the unit in cheap mode. As a side note, my plans seem to actually prorate a month to a daily rate where if I upgraded for 15 days then downgrade, I pay for 1/2 a month at the higher rate. My contract with Garmin allows 12 plan changes per year and I can up or down grade anytime.

They are a great communication device but I prefer to navigate with GAIA on the iPhone.

15-May-18
I have only used the monthly so far. I will be out and about a lot more this year, so I'm going to start the annual subscription in July. Very nice to be able to send messages home from anywhere. Agree it isn't nearly as nice a GPS as you can get on your phone these days. It's just my backup for that.

15-May-18
Unlimited monthly...if your married

15-May-18
Can an old IPhone without a current data plan have the App installed by WiFi , then used blue tooth in the field. Or is a data plan needed. So I can leave my phone at the trailhead.

15-May-18
All you need on your phone to text with the inreach is Bluetooth.

• Sitka Gear