Russ Koon 22-May-18
Jpayne 02-Aug-18
Ned 02-Aug-18
PECO 02-Aug-18
LINK 02-Aug-18
Ned 02-Aug-18
Franklin 02-Aug-18
19-May-18
I have been out of the archery game for a few years. Got back into it recently shooting a box store brand arrows. Not a huge fan and the search for arrows is a little overwelming. I shoot a Diomand iceman 29in draw @ 66-70 pounds. Usually shoot heavier other faster, whaitaill hunt in the north east with some summer 3d mixed in. I am leaning records Easton axis, gold tips xt hunter, maybe a Carbon express arrow. I also seem to be right on the cusp of spins, 300/340. Any input is welcome. -Jeff.

19-May-18
Axis for me! Just switched back after playing with the FMJs

Good luck enjoy the hunt

19-May-18
Have u looked at the Victory arrows? I've been using the Vap tko's, super slim, super accurate and super tough. They also come with weighted in/outserts which makes for a higher foc.

19-May-18
Gold Tip Team Primos aarows 9.4 grains per inch or a tad more 340 spine and they can be had for around 75 a dozen all made up. They are a nice arrow as far as I am concerned. Shawn

19-May-18
Not going to see me shooting a Chinese made Gold tip when I can shoot an American made Beman.

20-May-18
I’ve shot FMjs for a decade now and see no reason to stop. I don’t like change when it comes to archery equipment lol

20-May-18
JTV, it was just my feeling and reasoning. Yours is yours alone and, needs no explanation to me because mine differs.

FWIW, the internet allows you to buy most things you use, from producers in this country if you desire. God Bless men

20-May-18
FMJ's are the best arrow available, and the perfect all around weight for any animal in north america, and not over weighted causing too much speed loss

20-May-18
FMJ's r good arrows, but I don't find them to be as durable as the carbon. I don't like the fact that they bend and stay bent. These VAP TKO arrows are an incredible product, for years I thought the GT was the toughest, but I've found these new Victory arrows to be a better product.

21-May-18
Axis for me. Out performs the others and Made in USA (FMJ too). GT & CX are not.

21-May-18
I shoot Gold Tip Kinetics. I’m hard on equipment and don’t like the thought of paying $15 an arrow. Before I switched to kinetics I shot pro hunters for a long time. I’ve never had any problems. There’s lots of good options, it’s just a Ford, Chevy, Dodge type arguement.

21-May-18
I've shot Gold Tip XT Hunters and Beman ICS Hunters the past ten years and both are good options. If you like heavier, go with the 300s and add a heavier head. My arrows this year are going to be 340 spine Beman ICS Camo Hunters (10 gpi) with 150 grain Magnus Stingers. Total arrow weight of 486 grains out of my Elite Impulse 34 at 52 pounds.

21-May-18
Goldtip pierce. Awesome arrows. Cut the wind really well and hit hard!

22-May-18
WV, x2. Shot GoldTips after s witching from aluminum way back when, but switched to Bemans when GT took their shaft manufacturing out of the US. Have never regretted it in the least.

I like the 340's and they seemed to tune in just fine for me when I was drawing 70#, and still do at 53# as I gradually am returning to heavier draw weight after years of lower draw wieghts regaining for and strength after a stroke. They like 125 gr. points better for me, and when I do my part, they hit scary close in the target at 40 yards w/ field tips, and carry my BH's to the same POI.

02-Aug-18
Thanks for the replies, I went with GT hunter at 300. at 29.5 inches with 100gr head and a 50gr FACT weight. Arrow sits right at 471. I'll have to see how fast or slow they are next week.

02-Aug-18
Hmmm, interesting how these threads can go in different directions. I’ve been shooting GT for years, wasn’t aware they were made in China. Shot Bemans when first went to carbon, Easton when aluminum. Seems Easton use to be the only arrow maker around years ago. All I can say is, carbon is very expensive, you think the price would have gone down by now, especially if they’re made in China? I say shoot what u can afford, they all kill the same.

02-Aug-18
Last I knew, GT was made in Mexico, did they move manufacturing to China? Anyone have GT arrows that say made in China on them? Mine all say Made in Mexico.

02-Aug-18
Gold tip kinetics!

02-Aug-18
Then again I would rather buy American made than something made in another country if possible, I need another cup of coffee to think about this, which probably came from Columbia, but so what, Columbia is not a threat to the US economy.

02-Aug-18
I like you attitude WV....I wish more Americans had your viewpoint. Your archery equipment is a extension of yourself, you are using it to take the life of a living creature. Personally picking your equipment gives you the confidence and pride you need to make the kill. Do the WORK.

• Sitka Gear