Shawn 20-May-18
Ben 20-May-18
BullBuster 21-May-18
Kick'em up 21-May-18
JDM 21-May-18
Slate 21-May-18
Shawn 21-May-18
20-May-18
Just found out I drew in eastern KS (units 10 & 11). Those that have been there, what's your recommendation for the best week to go.

20-May-18
I’ve hunted those units. If your going public ground, expect company the first two weeks of November.

Honestly, just go when you can go. I’m planning to go 2nd and 3rd weeks this year

20-May-18
3 and 4 week of Nov if you want to hold out and kill a stud. If you going to drop the string on a 130...then the beginning of the month will do

20-May-18
Any week will work for a 130”, they are behind every tree!

—Jim

20-May-18
Nov 3-8 Nov 25-rifle season

20-May-18
KS is as overrated, good luck. I've hunted early, late, public, private tried it all and will never go back. I hope your luck is better than mine has been.

20-May-18
Any week in November is good . I’ve seen big big bucks hit the ground at any time. Several years ago I was hunting a place and a guy arrowed a 202 in. on Nov 7 . Some years I kill a good buck and some years I eat the tag. If you’re in the right place Kansas is a great place to have a tag !!

Twinetickler you're in the wrong place . I don’t know how it could be much better when it comes to hunting whitetails.

20-May-18
Any week in November, I haven’t seen much of a difference between 1st and 30th

20-May-18
I have only hunted Kansas 3 times. I see quite a few good bucks out looking the first week of Nov, than they seem to get with the does and from the 6th or 7th for a week or so I have not seen many big guys. I than start seeing the big guys moving again starting around the 13th or 14th. I would say it varies a bit depending where you hunt. If I only had one week, I would go anytime after the 12th of Nov. I will be there from Halloween until the 20th or so. Shawn

20-May-18
Shawn is right on, although the last week of October usually has a lot of movement too.

21-May-18
For baited hunt last week October. U won’t get burned by lockdown, less broken times, bucks don’t just run by.

21-May-18

Kick'em up's embedded Photo
Kick'em up's embedded Photo
I have a farm in unit 10 and I believe some factors come in to play when deciding when to hunt. Are you hunting private for public ground? Weather can be a big factor too. Those would be a some factors in my decision making. I like early season when they are able to me patterned.

21-May-18
Thanks for the insight - keep it coming. And by the way, I'll be on private land.

21-May-18
I will be out there from the 31st of October to November 16th. I always have good luck during this time.

21-May-18
I would also think you could do well early. Ecsp if private, some long range observation and than hang and hunt. In a couple years when I retire I will hunt Kansas, Nebraska and South Dakota early to see how I do. Shawn

• Sitka Gear