Bowriter 23-May-18
lewis 23-May-18
ACB 23-May-18
23-May-18

Bowriter's embedded Photo
The TFWC met last week and come up with a couple new regs. The one that has me wondering is an new, three-day, archery season, Aug. 24-25-26 for velvet antlered bucks only. I'm sure we really needed that. The buck limit remains at two-no problem The antlerless category reinstated, i.e., bucks with antlers less than 3" do not require a buck tag-Very good move. Airbows are legal for licensed disabled hunters during archery season, open for anybody during centerfire rifle season. Drones are illegal and in 2019, no natural deer urine. The benefit of that is, it is a huge lever in making any concentrated supplemental baiting or feeding illegal. Overall, only a couple things I have a doubt about. Seems as though maybe they are coming around and undoing some previous mistakes.

They also made fall turkey hunting bearded birds only; should have just closed it. In the meantime, fishing remains good with big bream going on beds in two days.

23-May-18
John what did they do concerning Presidents Island I heard they working on screwing that hunt up.Airgun allowance makes no sense.Fall turkey season should be stopped makes no sense at all. Bream up here on the plateau are moving around we caught a nice stringer Sunday only 2 had roe.Had shellcrackers up to 12 inches.Think they were just coming on or finishing up Lewis

23-May-18
Well John we agree on another thing . Fall turkey season should be closed.

• Sitka Gear