orionsbrother 28-May-18
dm/wolfskin 28-May-18
Bou'bound 28-May-18
Gator 30-May-18
tinecounter 30-May-18
Mad Trapper 01-Jun-18
25-May-18

Bou'bound's Link
This is 28 minutes but worth every second. It both entertains and educates which is a rare combination. Great story Jake.

25-May-18
great story thanks for sharing

25-May-18
Wow!!

25-May-18
Ya that was very well told. Thanks for posting

25-May-18
OMG that's a great story, funny too!! He's got some stones for sure.

25-May-18
Awesome story! Nicely done! Kevin

25-May-18
That's going the distance for sure. Well done !

25-May-18
Great recap Jake!

25-May-18
The George Clooney of the bowsite community. Cool to get a recap, it's like listening to him in person. Makes you feel like you know the guy and yet if you ran into him in the street you'd be like "hey Jake! Great Polar story!" and he's like: "who the heck are you man?" Congrats on the bear Jake, and obviously the commitment to prep is second to none.

I had a caribou that followed a similar 7 arrow for a 6 arrow quiver type story that ended in hand to hand combat. I generally leave that one for in person story telling only lol.

25-May-18
Embedded:

25-May-18
This was a very cool thing to watch as I sit in the AC and avoid the heat, humidity and work outside.

25-May-18
Great story but what I want to know is what is the coffee cup? :)

25-May-18
So can anything help to keep the release from freezing up? Anything new since the hunt, to help in that area?

25-May-18
Great story Jake!

26-May-18
Now that’s a hunting story!! Wow

26-May-18
Great story !! Jake looks a little like Robert Redford..... Ha !!!!

26-May-18
OK, great story and I would of did what I had to do as well to kill that bear. Here is the thing though, where is the outrage at taking running shots and needing 7 shots to kill the animal. Guys come on and bitch and complain abut taking 80 and 90 yard shots but no one seems to care how this hunt went down. Sorry but someone had to say it!! Myself I think what Jake did was fine and just art of what hunting is, but many folks right here on this site have complained about ethics and all that crap before saying things like "this does not look good for s as bow hunters" and a bunch of other BS!! Shawn

26-May-18
Shawn, I think there's something wrong with you.

26-May-18
Oh my God!

Jake, you have balls of solid rock! Truly amazing story.

26-May-18
With ya Shawn

26-May-18
Nothing wrong with me at all just the plain and simple truth! Look back at some other posts if ya can, most likely you cannot because they get deleted. Its is a bunch of garbage how some folks are hero's and other are a POS for taking what folks feel are unethical shots. Who is too judge? Not me just stating a plain and simple FACT !! Shawn

26-May-18
Let's answer my question before it gets lost in the mist of Shawns questions. Thanks.

26-May-18
Lol embry

26-May-18
Sounds like you spent about 35 minutes on the edge of disaster. Easily could have been the bear telling the story of the hunt. Probably worked out best for the cameraman this way. :)

26-May-18
What a helluva adventure ! Good stuff Jake !

26-May-18
Dang, very dedicated!

26-May-18
Nice story Jake....

26-May-18
I loved that!

26-May-18
Very nice story from a great gentlemen.

26-May-18
Jake is definitely not a sissy. Good stuff my friend

27-May-18
Good stuff Jake.

27-May-18
Awesome

27-May-18
Awe........ probably High Fenced. /Grin

I knew from the small amount of communication I've had with Jake over the years he was a good dude....great adventure by an even better individual!

28-May-18
About as intense as it can get. Thanks

28-May-18
I have stood next to that bear. I felt like a peanut on the floor next to it. It is huge. I have been to his home and he has been to mine, enjoyed every minute of it. Next to hunting Mt. goat, polar bear has to be the most dangerous animal to hunt on the north America. Mainly for 2 reasons. 1. they can and will kill you, 2. the elements that one has to endure. You can plan on and think of every thing that could or can go wrong an you won't touch of everyone of them. Jake a tip of the old camo hat. davep

28-May-18
Story held my attention! Congrats Jake.

28-May-18
A great hunt. Some of Pat's hunts have been crazy but I think you topped his.

28-May-18
How cool would it be to have video of Jake walking along side above the bear as it was under he ice in that crevice and then it breaks through to meet jake drawn down on him. Unreal

30-May-18
You tell a good story with all the details. Congrats.

30-May-18
Wow, great adventure, well told!

01-Jun-18
I can't believe that he wore a sleeve-less shirt with arms like that... might want to hit the gym a bit more... Hollywood!

• Sitka Gear