Treeline 28-May-18
APauls 28-May-18
kota-man 28-May-18
Halibutman 28-May-18
Bliz6 29-May-18
Wapitidung 29-May-18
steff 30-May-18
28-May-18
So many options. Where have you gone and loved or hated and Why? The NWTs seems to be the place to go, but I'm open to anything. Just want some opinions and if you've rifle hunted or bow hunted, doesn't matter to me.

28-May-18
I’m interested in this topic as well. I killed a slammer barren bull in Greenland and want to chase a mountain Caribou now.

28-May-18
Who did you go with in Greenland, thats on my list as well.

28-May-18

Treeline's embedded Photo
I went with Gana River. Awesome hunting area. Fabulous setup and service.

I got a little antsy and shot this one my first day out.

Seem to hear nothing but good about all the outfits in the Mackenzie’s.

Good luck!

28-May-18

Neubauer's embedded Photo
Neubauer's embedded Photo
I hunted with Frank of bowhunting Greenland.

28-May-18
Treeline, did others in camp kill bulls that big?

28-May-18
There were a number of much bigger bulls killed. I liked this one and shot past a closer bull that would have scored better. The better scorer was just narrow and didn’t turn my crank.

28-May-18
What dates did you go and would you have gone a different time? Were you there for just caribou or did you hunt sheep?

28-May-18
What dates did you go and would you have gone a different time? Were you there for just caribou or did you hunt sheep?

28-May-18

Late August.

It was perfect timing for caribou and sheep.

I was there for caribou but was able to work a deal for a sheep on a kill fee.

Took a little longer and a bit more effort. Finally got lucky on my 8th day.

28-May-18
Treeline, that’s simply awesome!

28-May-18
I killed a last day caribou at Gana River as an add on to a sheep hunt and had a chance at a monster there last year. I don't think you'll find a more honest or hard-working outfitter than Harold.

28-May-18
Hopefully a mid-Sept archery hunt with Arctic Red River Outfitters in the NWT is good this fall! Looking forward to finding out.

28-May-18
That will be an awesome hunt, Kurt! Coming up quick...

28-May-18
Neubauer there is a thread on here somewhere about Treeline's adventure. It's worth the time to dig it up. What a hunt!

28-May-18
I killed mine with Arctic Red. Great outfit..Several good ones in the McKenzies.

28-May-18
I got my mountain caribou on day 0 hunting with Cassiar Stone Outfitters. There is a high plateau in their area where the caribou congregate to rut. It's an amazing place to be in September. I saw hundreds of caribou, including one bull much bigger than mine. He was the first animal we saw, literally, and the guides were reluctant to let me shoot him, just enough so to delay the shot and facilitate his safe departure.

The outfit sold to Dustin Roe recently and the prices went up. It's still a hell of a place, with what I'd call the "best of BC". I killed a whopper moose on my trip also. He netted 211" Boone and Crockett.

CSO is in BC, which I wanted for my mountain caribou bull. If I ever go after another one, it'll be in the NWT.

29-May-18
I don't think you could go wrong with any of the NWT outfitters. I had many chances at Canol (when it was Ramhead) , killed mine at Arctic Red and Gana has an incredible reputation.

29-May-18
I'm jealous Treeline

30-May-18
I'm also headed to Arctic Red River again, late Aug to Sept. Looking forward to returning. Agree with above comments. The outfitters in the McKenzies are the 'go to' for mountain 'bou.

• Sitka Gear