wilhille 09-Jun-18
SteveB 09-Jun-18
the_runner 09-Jun-18
Mule Power 10-Jun-18
Charlie Rehor 10-Jun-18
05-Jun-18

JayG@work's embedded Photo
Man, I don't know what to say. I have been talking to Kelly's Dad, Don and his Cousin, Jason throughout this whole thing and I have to tell you, I still can't wrap my mind around this whole thing. As most of you know, Kelly had an accident and has passed today. Please keep his family in your prayers. This has got to be a terrible and extremely hard time for them. I have to tell you, I am at a loss. I don't want to make this about me, but a tribute to my friend, my buddy and my hunting partner. Several years ago, I was recovering from Cancer and chemo treatments and prior to my diagnosis had paid for a hunt to Ohio. To make a long story short, by the time I was able to go, the outfitter had closed up shop and took off with my money. I got back my balance but the deposit was gone. Kelly saw my bitching about it on this site and from the goodness of his heart, invited me to come out and hunt as his guest for the rut on his lease. We talked a lot about the upcoming hunt and when I showed up out there, it was incredible. Kelly took me around the area and got me out hunting in some of his best spots. His family took care of me and took me in and made me feel at home. It was an incredible experience. His wife Michele and Daughter Morgan were such sweethearts and his Dad, Don, Cousin Jason and Uncle Larry made me feel like one of the family. I guess they liked me because after that first year, they invited me to become a member if the lease. Kelly told me that if I couldn't afford it, that I could come out as his guest again, but I joined as a member. For the next seven years we hunted together, tracked some stupidly hard blood trails through some of the nastiest terrain and vegetation that I have ever been through. In that time he became one of my closest friends and the best hunting partner that I have ever had. Kelly was always there with some sound advice, a joke or a smartassed comment delivered at the perfect time. He was always there to talk to and he was always there to lend a hand. I will go back out to Ohio this year and hunt with Kelly's Dad and Cousin. I am sure that it won't be the same.... It can't be.. Because the biggest part of what made the hunt great, enjoyable and memorable will be missing. Please keep Kelly and his family in your thoughts and prayers. Remember him. I know I will........ I love ya Brother. Peace always. Your friend, Jay

05-Jun-18
jay, that really told everyone what type of guy he was. A great tribute. Is he on the left or right in the picture? Sorry for your loss and hope his family can find some peace.

05-Jun-18
I hear you! We never shared a campfire but did vacation together, had plans for a November rut h7nt in Ohio this year and a Saints/Bengals game. Spoke to him Sunday morning before the accident? Man he should still be here, we had plans, he had plans, things a man puts off until his family is financially secure! We lost a good one today guys!

05-Jun-18
Damn...Great story, great man! Thoughts with the family...

05-Jun-18
My thoughts and prayers are with the Harris family, in this most difficult of times.

During times like this, I often ask myself, why. Especially, to a kind, caring and giving person. I don’t think I’ll ever understand.

Godspeed Kelly!!!

05-Jun-18
How horrible. Prayers for his family and friends.

05-Jun-18
I like to think he’ll still be with you, Jay. Praying for his friends and family

05-Jun-18
JayG you were the first person I thought of when I heard this, even.....I remember what he did for you and from that time on and in talking with him after, showed me what kind of a man he was.....Always the family man first, then looking out for everyone else.......That was Kelley.....So Sorry...Not only did we the Bowsite Community lose a good one...The world lost one...........RIP

05-Jun-18
Sorry for your loss. I Hope Kelly brings a giant Ohio buck past your stand this fall. Rest in piece! Hunt

05-Jun-18
I didn’t have the pleasure of knowing him, but you can tell everyone he came into contact with loved him. Godspeed and Fairwinds Kelly . . .

05-Jun-18
This morning I had a heavy heart walking into the bear bait where Kelly killed his bear here on POW Island. I had not heard he passed, but had heard the news about his condition. Very sad indeed. My thoughts are with his family.

05-Jun-18
Wow, speechless.... Was hoping for a miracle... Prayers to the family. I never met him either, but anytime I saw his name post on a thread, I always read it. I enjoyed his stories, updates on his daughter, etc.... speechless......

05-Jun-18

I went out to scout and clear shooting lanes out on the lease and Kelly told me that we were all going to a concert. I figured it would be something like country or something. We went to a KISS and Motley Crue concert. It was a hoot. He was a hoot. Kelly was one of a kind.

05-Jun-18
Prayers for the family.

05-Jun-18
I never met Kelly, but from what I have read here, he was obviously one of the good guys!

More prayers going out to all his friends and family!

05-Jun-18
My condolences to you Jay, I can't imagine how hard it must be for you, his family and close friends. I didn't even know him and just feel sick about this, so it must be magnitudes worse for people that knew him personally. Know that he is in peace and in a better place now. I hope his family views these threads to see how may people he touched that never even met him. God bless and go out and shoot a 114 inch buck in his honor.

05-Jun-18
Prayers for the family during this terrible time.

05-Jun-18
Between my cataract surgery today and my tears its very hard for me to type today... You gents that personally knew Kelly, along with Michelle and Morgan, Kelly's dad, i pray the Lord comforts you along with all of Kelly's brothers and sisters on Bowsite. I explained to my wife the man Kelly was, she shares in our tears and grief. Scentman

05-Jun-18
Man that’s just tuff to deal with. Lost one 40 years ago. Hurt so much I never got real close to anyone again. I feel for his family and friends. Some say time heals all wounds. Nope it doesn’t. As years go by you realize what a friend missed out on in life. That just makes it all the more painful. So so sad

05-Jun-18
Never met Kelly but felt like I knew him by reading his great posts and stories on Bowsite. He was always in good humor on here and always proud of his family. He will be greatly missed here. Prayers to Kelly's family and close friends. Godspeed brother!

05-Jun-18
I’m so sorry for your loss Jay and for the loss suffered by Kelly’s family, friends, and Bowsite brothers. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. Good men are all too rare and a precious commodity these days. I can’t even imagine how hard this is for you all. Hopefully you all take some solace in knowing this world was a better place because of Kelly, and it will feel a little emptier for everyone without him. Godspeed brother.

05-Jun-18
Been passing up the other thread this evening. So, I was unaware that he had passed away. Praying for all involved. Unbelievable

05-Jun-18

Sandbrew's embedded Photo
RIP Kelly
Sandbrew's embedded Photo
RIP Kelly
It's so sad that somebody so full of life and always willing to help others is no longer with us. Kelly was a very kind and very generous soul. He certainly left this place in a much better place than he found it. I will miss him! Rest in peace my friend.

I was looking for an appropriate photo to post when I found this one he had texted me just a few months ago. He was so happy and so proud to be pouring Blue Moon at the Cincinnati Beer Festival.

Sandbrew

05-Jun-18
He was a great man, hard to believe his undoing was a damn pool. Makes me want to go fill mine in tomorrow. I keep playing in my mind how in the hell this happened, but it really doesn't matter, we all lost a good American today. The world needs more Kelly Harris's, not less. We met and hunted once, talked OFTEN, text or phone. We were very like-minded, but he was what I would refer to as an absolute PISSER. Full of life, full of love, and I imagine if you looked at him cross-eyed after a few beers - you might get a knuckle sandwich. That was Kelly. His mind was always thinking, never idle. Although Bowsite will NOT be the same without him, my heart breaks for his family.

05-Jun-18
Very sad to here of this.

05-Jun-18
My condolences to all his friends and family. Kelly was a legend.

05-Jun-18
I just now went to check on Kelly and saw this thread title. I hoped it was something different but I was wrong. So sad to hear this news. May Kelly's family find peace and comfort.

05-Jun-18
Very sad god bless his family and his dearest friends.

05-Jun-18
I never had the pleasure of meeting Kelly. I always wanted him to attend a P&Y Convention and to be able to meet him at the Friday afternoon Bowsite Gathering. Regretfully, that never happened. There is no doubt in my mind that he is at a much bigger Gathering now.

My prayers for his family and friends. I know he will be greatly missed by them. He will also be greatly missed by his friends and followers on Bowsite. R.I.P.

05-Jun-18
Nothing more to say, Great man all the way around!! RIP!!! All the best to his family!! Shawn

05-Jun-18
My sympathies to Michelle, Morgan and the rest of Kelly's family as well as to you Jay, Tim, Bob, Jack and others who knew Kelly personally. Kelly very graciously offered to include my Daughter, Grace, in his annual youth hunt a few years ago. The timing didn't work out for us but I have always been impressed by his generosity and his character in our few correspondences! I wish that I had been able to share camp with him and know him as some of you do. My sincerest condolences. Pete

05-Jun-18
So sad, so sorry. my best, Paul

05-Jun-18
Thought about him today, met him, Michelle and Morgan a few years ago when he was out here working at Coors, me and my wife and daughter had dinner with them. Great guy!

05-Jun-18
RIP Kelly..... I am stunned by the awful news.... Prayers for his family & friends.....

05-Jun-18
Very sad news indeed.

Although I never met Kelly face to face, I certainly enjoyed his posts here.

He will certainly be missed by all that he touched in his life.

Prayers out to his family and friends.

05-Jun-18
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Harris family and friends at this difficult time. Kelly will be greatly missed and shared a lot on this sight and you knew that his family always came first. The lord took a great one from us today!

05-Jun-18
Very sorry to hear the bad news. I talked to Kelly a few times on the phone and text. He was thinking about buying some windows from me for his new cabin. He sent me some stud buck pics that he was after. Kelly- you are one hell of a man. I hope I can live my life like you did with so much vigor and happiness. Rest in peace brother. I'll be thinking of you and your family

05-Jun-18
Prayers for the family... sorry to hear this. His smile will carry on forever.

05-Jun-18
Bowsite lost a Brother for sure...... and will never be the same without him.

Thoughts and Prayers of strength for the family. Kelly Harris, rest in peace.......

05-Jun-18
Very sad day for many. The past four years I've put off going to his deer camp until "next year". Now there is no "next year". There's a lesson in that. In my bowhunting banquet speeches I always end with a little homily about how we never know what tomorrow will bring, so do that hunt with your friend or your son today, now, not next year. This brings it home again, after losing my wife in November. RIP, Kelly..

05-Jun-18
I have text back and forth with Kelly every year for five years while hunting in Ohio. We shared a special bond with both of our daughters having their own life changing illnesses that they have overcome to the best of their abilities. His parenting was so exemplary and I looked up to him from that, drew passion from that. I never got the chance for a beer with him, though we tried several times while he was in Colorado. I’ll miss our conversations treeside and updates. He was one of a kind and this is simply horrible. For some reason he was a hard core Bengals fan, but I never held that against him. Prayers and i hope to have that beer some day, Mr Harris.. god bless..’

05-Jun-18
My condolences to his friends and family. Didn't know him , but from what I've read , I inspire to be the kind of person he was.

06-Jun-18
I still remember the first time that I met Kelly.....He was upbeat, patriotic, and funny. He told me about the time that he got into a fight with Chris Sabo, of the Cincinnati Reds. Invited me to hunt his lease with him...had a fun time. What a shame....my condolences to his loved ones. If possible, could someone please post the viewing hours, place, etc......

06-Jun-18
Wow, sad news, thoughts and prayers for the family. Being a cancer survivor, I always enjoyed the “good news” Morgan updates.

06-Jun-18
I only knew Kelly from Bowsite and some PM exchanges. Seemed to me that he'd have to be one hell of a guy to help navigate his family through their health challenges and come through it all with fun-loving personalities intact.

My kids have enjoyed following the adventures of Morgan. Their hearts will break for her.

Tragic. Just tragic.

06-Jun-18
Brutal...seems like he was a great guy. Prayers for his family

06-Jun-18
Sad to here this, he will be missed around here!

06-Jun-18
Very sad. Prayers for his family and friends.

06-Jun-18
Godspeed to a great man, father and bowhunter who cherished life.

06-Jun-18
I just can't believe this has happened and happened so fast.

I started talking with Kelly during Morgans early battle with her cancer and have kept in touch over the many years.

It is just so damn unfair

Heart felt Prayers ~~ Robb

06-Jun-18
Sad news prayers

06-Jun-18
Heaven accepted him readily. Prayers to the family and friends.

06-Jun-18
Wish there was a way to recall his 2016 hunting thread so I can get back my pics with him. This site seems to have no history of it. Tried every possible search. If anyone can fine it please let me know or bump it back. Thanks.

06-Jun-18
This shows you how fragile life can truly be...Such a shame.

06-Jun-18
Very sad he will be missed. Prayers for his family.

06-Jun-18
It would be cool to see a 2018 KELLY HARRIS MEMORIAL HUNT thread here come this Fall.....................................................

06-Jun-18
How is it that I never met Kelly in person, but I am hurting like I lost a brother? After many, many years on Bowsite, I have lost a brother. Kelly, I know you are in a better place today and I am going to hunt extra hard this year and dedicate my season to you. My deepest prayers go out to his family and friends. God Speed my friend!

06-Jun-18
Condolences to the Harris family. Kelly will be missed around here for sure. My thoughts and prayers are with his loved ones and friends. God speed and may you rest in peace, Kelly.

06-Jun-18
Dang! This is a very tough loss! Sad indeed! Prayers for the family and friends. Lou's comment is right on the money. Don't put things off too long. You never know when your, or your friends' time is up.

06-Jun-18
Kelly was definitely one of the good guys. I never met him but that is easy to see. I pray for his good works and memory to love in all he touched.

06-Jun-18
A very tragic and sad way for a life to end. My condolences and a prayer for the family. Just spent a couple weeks in Colorado and days before I got there two friends in the prime of life ended up down in a Denver hospital, both having Caring Bridge sites set up for them. I'm following it daily. Life, family, and friendships are to be treasured.

06-Jun-18
Words can’t describe the sense of sadness when a life is lost way too early. May Kelly RIP, and God give his family strength.

06-Jun-18
Such a tragedy and another reminder just how fragile life really is. I feel terrible for his wife and daughter as well as his friends. RIP Kelly.

06-Jun-18
I am hurting for his family and this has really consumed my thoughts over the weekend. How I grieve for someone I never met just like he was a friend is odd. It says a lot for this forum and the people that frequently post. It's always hard to stomach when good people pass. We often ask why? I believe the reason is that God uses everything for His glory and His ways are so amazing we can't comprehend. In years many will look back on this tragic event and see all of the good that came from it. Kelly won't be forgotten and I will guarantee you his death will not be in vain as his legacy will be even larger and fuller than his life. God bless the Harris family.

06-Jun-18
Man that is a tough one. I didn't expect to hear this. Our prayers are with his family and friends. He will be there with you every time you climb into a tree...

06-Jun-18
OMG! That's hard to process

06-Jun-18
I like so many others here on Bowsite, have read his posts with pleasure and joy .... yet never had the pleasure of meeting him, as I read this my eyes are swelled with tears.

Someone mentioned a tribute to him .... would I be out of place suggesting we all put .... 114" .... on an arrow dedicated to him this year??

God does indeed take the good ones occasionally.

May God be with and bless his family and friends in this time of sorrow.

06-Jun-18
Awful news. I will remember Kelly for his humble but strong faith in our Savior Jesus Christ. I rest easy knowing that he sees Him now.

06-Jun-18
Very sad news...hug your kids, hug your wife

06-Jun-18
Wow...very sad indeed. RIP Kelly

06-Jun-18
Never had the opportunity or pleasure of meeting Kelly and that will never happen on this earth but maybe in some happy hunting ground someday. I wish peace to his family.RIP Kelly.Lewis

06-Jun-18
Never met this larger than life character but followed his annual hunt every year. Feel as if good friend has passed. He will be missed. Wish peace and comfort to his family.

06-Jun-18
Here you go Jack, hope this is the one. I couldn’t find it in a search so I scrolled back through about 20 pages of whitetail threads, lol.

06-Jun-18
AT a loss for words, RIP Mr. Kelly Harris.

06-Jun-18
Terrible news....Prayers for his family....I lost my oldest son suddenly last June 7th, He was 36 years old....Life is so precious!

06-Jun-18

LINK's Link
Forgot the link

06-Jun-18
Very sorry to read this. Prayers to all.. Ed

06-Jun-18

Scar Finga's Link
Man, this hit me hard this morning! Tears in my eyes as I type this and I never even met him! How terribly tragic and sad! He was one of good ones for sure! Prayers and love go out to all of you, may the good Lord comfort you all though this terrible time!

If you haven't already, please consider donating to the family though the go fund me page that is set up. I don't know the family personally, but I am sure they will need a lot of assistance and support!

God Bless, and Prayers for all!

Mark Williams and family.

06-Jun-18
Thanks LINK. Wish I could go back in time and sit by camp fire with him And warn him about what the future held.

06-Jun-18
No doubt Jack. I don’t know the circumstances of this tragedy but I know a few guys, my age, that are paralyzed from the neck down. All from diving off boats into murky, shallow water. With 4 kids, seeing someone dive into water makes me uneasy. I wish Kelly’s family the best and pray that God will ease their pain.

06-Jun-18
So sad,... it all started with me selling him some arrows. We became friends here on Bowsite and he invited me to hunt with him every year. I am saddened now that I never took the time to make the trip down there. We even joked about setting up my son with Morgan.

Think I'll bring a cold one out to the deer stand tonight and drink to my good buddy.

Love ya man, God's speed.

06-Jun-18
Inshart,

I’m in on the “114” on my arrows as a tribute to Kelly this year.

06-Jun-18
Tragic.

06-Jun-18
Kept checking in expecting that I would hear he is awake and recovering. Did not expect this. A sad day.

06-Jun-18
That's a tough one. So many of us never knew him and yet are affected by his passing. Mark of a good man.

06-Jun-18
That's a great idea...........................................will put "114" on one of my arrows this Fall.

06-Jun-18
How tragic, Kelly was a good man. My heart goes out to his wife and daughter - sad for a family to have to deal with so much adversity.

06-Jun-18
Truth be told, i envied Kelly... he was just the exact opposite of me, he lived life large and had character the size of Texas... that was easy to see. I guess thats why i enjoyed his posts, he brought you along with him if you were willing to go... man i am truly grieved but i think he knew and i'm sure Michelle and Morgan know the impact he had on people. Scentman

06-Jun-18
I erroneously mentioned a shallow dive earlier. That was absolutely incorrect. This was not result of a foolish act - it was a normal dive in the deep end off a diving board with him never even touching bottom. Sadly Kelly’s neck was compromised from prior surgery and the impact of just hitting the water caused this - making this all the more of a freak accident. I just wanted to amend an earlier statement I made. God bless the Harris family.

06-Jun-18
Wow

07-Jun-18

Sandbrew's Link
Info on Kelly's service.

Kelly S. Harris, 52, of Loveland. Beloved husband of 20 years to Michele (nee Bigham) Harris. Loving father of Andrew, Tyler and Morgan. Dear son of Donald Harris and Judy Harris. Dear brother of Nicole Harris. Leaves behind numerous nieces, nephews and close friends. Passed away June 5, 2018. Friends will be received Saturday, June 9 from 11 AM - 2 PM in the Tufts Schildmeyer Funeral Home, 129 N. Riverside Ave., Loveland. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Cancer Free Kids. www.tuftsschildmeyer.com

07-Jun-18
Impressive man to make an impact on so many, in many cases with just his written words. Prayers to the Harris family and God Speed Kelly!

07-Jun-18
Whoa, just from the water? That is insane. Terrible!

08-Jun-18
A sad and poignant reminder to all of us. We are not invincible. Kelly set an example for us all on how to live life to the fullest and never take anything for granted and don't waste a single minute.

08-Jun-18
Jay.... maybe we can meet up at the property south of Chillicothe some time for a little memorial campfire. A couple Coors and some old stories you know. See you Saturday.

09-Jun-18

Mule Power's Link
On my way to Kelly’s viewing a car passed and got in front of me. The license plate holder said “Kelly BMW” Caught my eye right away. As I was reading it this song came on the radio . Kelly was a rock n roller for sure. I think it was requested by him. I had to wipe the tears to see the gps. See you on the other side old friend.

09-Jun-18
Celebrate Kelly today.

09-Jun-18
Mule, i think there are things in this world we cannot see or explain... thank you for sharing that.

09-Jun-18
damn.

09-Jun-18
Without words.....the family is in my thoughts and prayers. Man........

09-Jun-18
What a terribly tragic accident. Intended to reach out several times when I moved to Cinci from CO, and will always regret I didn’t. Thoughts are of your family.

10-Jun-18
Kelly’s visitation was incredible . There were more people there to pay their respects than I’ve ever seen. I got in line at noon. By the time I get to shake his dad’s hand and hug Michele it was 1:45. The funeral home was to close the doors at 2 but at that time the line was just as long as when I got there. I spent my time in line talking to a childhood friend of Kelly’s who was a really nice guy. In that hour and 45 minute wait we didn’t even come close to running out of Kelly Harris stories. Michele and the family were standing strong! They were truly an inspiration. I’m sure Kelly is proud of them and humbled by what took place yesterday. You had to be there to truly comprehend the magnitude of it. RIP Kelly. You will always be alive in the hearts of your family and friends.

10-Jun-18
Well done Mule

• Sitka Gear