Jaquomo 07-Jun-18
ryanrc 07-Jun-18
Dooner 07-Jun-18
Rut Nut 07-Jun-18
Fuzzy 07-Jun-18
SteveB 07-Jun-18
06-Jun-18

ryanrc's Link
Seems like this is happening more often lately. Did they have a bad winter or something?

06-Jun-18

The Larimer County Sheriff’s Office responded about 11 p.m. to a dispersed camping area off County Road 67J on U.S. Forest Service property.

The bear likely was attracted by food, wildlife officials said.

The bear trampled the tent and a man was taken to a hospital with injuries that are not believed to be life threatening.

Wildlife officials are trying to find the bear. Traps have been set up and all available means are being used to find and remove the bear.

CPW is still trying to locate the bear and has set traps in the area and is actively using all available means to locate the bear.

07-Jun-18
I'm guessing it was probably fed by humans at some point. : (

07-Jun-18
Colorado has no spring bear season.......they have too many bears. This will continue. Similar to our grizzly issues in MT. No fear of human, no room to do their thing so we end up with more conflict. Hope those folks are ok, I'm sure it was a scary night.

07-Jun-18
The guy is ok. This area has a ton of "citiots" who camp on weekends and leave trash behind. Its only a few miles from my place and the messes they leave behind makes me sick.The bears along that road visit campsites on Monday to forage. This one got a little too excited and jumped up and down on the tent.

As the CO population grows, more of these events will happen.

07-Jun-18
Jaq what is your opinion on the bear population in the area? I didn't think the bear were that thick up there.

07-Jun-18
"Citiots"- Just a great term. Thanks Jaq; I'll remember that one:-)

07-Jun-18
We got 'em in the Poconos too.......................................moved in from NYC! : (

We been using that term for years..................................thought everybody knew it! ;-)

07-Jun-18
Black Bear here are hungry and bold. Seeing one or two hit every week on the same 30 mile stretch of interstate, trash cans getting raided (including one crried away from my porch in front of TWO barking dogs), and some livestock predation.

07-Jun-18
Just wait in BC since they stopped the Grizzly hunts.......

• Sitka Gear