APauls 07-Jun-18
grubby 07-Jun-18
06-Jun-18

Rutnrod1995's embedded Photo
First Shot
First Shot
Second Shot. Following adjustment of rest.
Second Shot. Following adjustment of rest.
Sight adjustment after I was satisfied with the rest adjustment.
Sight adjustment after I was satisfied with the rest adjustment.
50 yard shot with broadhead. I bent the Iron Will during tuning and it still hit at 50 like a champ.
50 yard shot with broadhead. I bent the Iron Will during tuning and it still hit at 50 like a champ.
Well I did it guys.... I think.... I went out today with a brand new attitude and a .300 arrow. I also cranked my bow down about 3 lb to 61-62 lb draw weight. I began by shooting the cut down 340's I had left. They were cut to 28.5 inches and they initially shot the same, but I made two rest adjustments.... The results speak for themselves. I moved the broadhead from left to right of the field point which tells me it was indeed a spine issue. The last photo is a 50 yard crack shot I dropped with a bent Iron Will that I peeled out of a post from earlier experimenting. I'm impressed! I'm going to grab up a couple .300 spine arrows to play with length and bare shaft tune, then I'll order the dozen. Just thought I'd update you guys.

So things I learned: 1. I need a .300 spine (which I ordered) 2. Always try to figure the problem out first, then ask WBH haha 3. COC broadheads will keep you honest 4. Watch that hand torque 5. And lastly, always make one adjustment at a time.

06-Jun-18

Iron Will Bent during tuning, it still smashed the target at 50. I will be getting this replaced though. Impressed.
Iron Will Bent during tuning, it still smashed the target at 50. I will be getting this replaced though. Impressed.

06-Jun-18
Great news! Thanks for sharing the results.

06-Jun-18
What did you hit with that IW broadhead? They are suppose to be bombproof.

06-Jun-18
I somebody else's arrow inside of the target. Really did a number on it. exploded the arrow and really bruised the IW. I will be contacting them when I get a chance to get a replacement. It should be covered.

06-Jun-18
Glad you got it fixed.

07-Jun-18
Nice. I've been there when I tried to fix a spine issue doing everything else. A guy can get REALLY frustrated. Glad you posted up your results. It's nice to get the loop closed. Like a lot of "need help with bloodtrail" threads where we never get to close the loop guys often forget to post that things were resolved.

07-Jun-18
I learned a long time ago that sometimes its best to just walk away and come back in a day or 2. what seemed impossible often is easy the second day.

• Sitka Gear