x-man 07-Jun-18
Bowfreak 07-Jun-18
Grunt-N-Gobble 07-Jun-18
Trophy8 08-Jun-18
Tilzbow 08-Jun-18
midwest 11-Jun-18
Buffalo1 11-Jun-18
06-Jun-18
This thread has already been a major screwup but...

Which gives you best clearance with a QAD HDX?

Both arrows are .300 spine GT Pro Hunters. They are around 29.5" long. Same exact arrow except the top arrow is fletched with 3 FFP 360 vanes. They are 3.6" long and .47" tall. The bottom arrow is fletched with 4 Q2I Fusion X2 2.1 vanes. They are 2.1" long and have a height of .43"

Which vane provides the best clearance if you were guessing?

06-Jun-18

Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Pic.

06-Jun-18

06-Jun-18
The one with the lowest profile.

06-Jun-18

07-Jun-18
The four fletch has the lowest profile and is shortest but gets contact. I was actually surprised as the riser side fletchings are oriented exactly the same between both arrows. The only difference is the cock vane on the 3 fletch is oriented to 3 o'clock(I'm a lefty) vs 1:30 and 4:30 for the four fletch.

07-Jun-18
I guess that depends on how you’re indexing your arrows. I’ll say the q2i fusion 3 fletched would have the best clearance. ;)

07-Jun-18
Yes...but the odd thing is the only difference is the cock vane; and on the Fusions the bottom vane to the inside of the riser was getting contact. It is not on the FFP. The clearance must be the less acute angle between the vanes on the FFP.

07-Jun-18
Sounds as if your rests centershot is too close to your riser.

07-Jun-18
I'm guessing they are both contacting, but the FF are so much softer that they are not affected as much.

07-Jun-18
Nope...the FF are not contacting.

07-Jun-18
So the contact is with the riser and not the rest. Which means the QAD isnt the issue. Correct?

08-Jun-18
Switch nocks and see

08-Jun-18
If the contact is with the rest, the longer vanes are 1.5” closer to the rest which leads me to believe your rest isn’t getting out of the way fast enough.

11-Jun-18
Two words.....Whisker Biscuit.

;-)

11-Jun-18
Mark, I think your problem is "slow drop of rest" not vanes or vanes configuration. I would suggest looking at sting on arrow rest, not vanes. The arrow holder should be "on the floor" when the vanes go by this point. Also, the arrow holder may me bouncing up off the floor and making contact with the vanes as they pass that section of the riser. I've experienced both problems and both times the problem was corrected by adjusting the arrow holder/string on the arrow rest. They can sometimes be sensitive to the criticalness of the "fall away" and "out of the way after the fall.

• Sitka Gear