bowhunterjae 10-Jun-18
Beendare 10-Jun-18
Kodiak 10-Jun-18
bowhunterjae 10-Jun-18
Kodiak 10-Jun-18
elkmtngear 10-Jun-18
WapitiBob 10-Jun-18
09-Jun-18
When I shot I had a loud pop. Similar to a 22 rim fire. Maybe a little louder. Arrow hit its mark on target but was missing nock. Not sure if nock came loose and hit something on the bow or what. Inspected bow and could not find anything suspicious. Any ideas. I have never had any his happen before. Not looking forward to drawing it back again. Not a fan of bow explosions. Lol Mathews Heli M, QAD rest, Gold Tip arrows.

09-Jun-18
I wouldn't worry about shooting that bow again.

09-Jun-18
Might've been a broken nock. Check your bow very carefully before shooting it again, check the arrow also, it might have a split at the nock end.

09-Jun-18
If the cables are still in the grooves, yard it back. These bows collapse on themselves when they come apart so injury is unlikely.

09-Jun-18
Great info ya all! Shooting good! Must a been nock hitting sight or bow. THANK YOU ALL!

10-Jun-18
If your nock breaks upon release all the energy doesn't go into the shaft and you could be experiencing a partial dry fire, thus the noise.

10-Jun-18
LKH, the arrow had normal penetration into the target. So I hope the nock just hit something on the bow, causing the noise. Shot again this Monday morning. So far so good. Thank you. I appreciate your response. Been shooting over 20 years and this has n bet happens to me.

10-Jun-18
It wasn't a lighted nok was it?

I had that happen to me on a pig hunt.....stalked in on some hogs in tall 3' high grass [had to get real close to get a shot] a layup at 15 yds....sounded like my compound exploded...arrow went about 10 yds.....the hog had no clue....but they got antsy and took off.

It was one of the older Nokturnals....that I had shot probably 20 times prior...blew up. Cost me a nice boar......

10-Jun-18
Not sure about this. Why would the arrow bang off something just one time?

I suppose it's possible that the nock wasn't fully seated on the string. Keep an ear open for awhile.

10-Jun-18
Not a lighted nock. Standard Gold tip. Kodiak, I don’t think the arrow hit anything. Not sure but I think the nock separated from the arrow and hit the bow or sight. The arrow missing the nock was in the target with the same penetration as the others. No nock to be found. Not positive but i have shot 50 + arrows today and it is shooting on mark. I inspect everything after every 5 arrows and all seems good. Thank ya all!

10-Jun-18
Ok yeah I missed that.

I'd say you're good to go.

10-Jun-18
I had this happen at a 3D shoot this Year.

Bow was fine, only casualty was my nocking point vibrated loose, had to make a "best guess" and re-crimp it.

10-Jun-18
Depending on how tight the nock is in the shaft, it can hang on the serving, arrow goes forward then the nock comes off the serving and hits the riser.

• Sitka Gear