Ambush 14-Jun-18
Wood 15-Jun-18
Frank Sanders 15-Jun-18
Frank Sanders 15-Jun-18
midwest 15-Jun-18
Pyrannah 15-Jun-18
Pyrannah 15-Jun-18
11-Jun-18
So I was thinking while on a short vacation about different vanes and their purpose. I've always used blazers, but recently I came across Maxx Hunters shield cut vanes. I really enjoyed the way they looked and flew. I then began researching and came across Fusion shield cuts and heard a lot of good things about them. I really like the look and was just looking for some input. Are they any different than blazers? How do they affect the arrow down range? Looking forward to your responses! Thank you!

11-Jun-18
What problems are you having with blazer vanes?

11-Jun-18
None that are absolutely detrimental... They can be loud, and I don't really like that they fold over and get mutilated in the target...… I suppose.

11-Jun-18
Get the lancaster catalog, plenty of options

11-Jun-18
The Fusions are made of the same material that the Blazers are. They just have a different shape, and the base is different.

If you want vanes that will "bounce back" after pass-throughs, then you want Flex-Fletch.

11-Jun-18
I guess my follow up question is, do they affect the flight with a fixed head much? I like the look of the shield as well, I just want to make sure I'm not going to screw up my arrow. I just want a good looking arrow. Haha sounds kind of stupid when I say it out loud.

11-Jun-18
I use the AAE Maxhunter vanes. The Max Stealth is also a good choice.

11-Jun-18

Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
Using four of these on my big game arrows other than deer hunting.

They are lighter than Blazer vanes and quieter in flight.

11-Jun-18
I switched to vanetec swift vanes, quite a few years ago. Very happy with them

11-Jun-18
Do any of the above mentioned curl over like blazers? I know to just hit them with a heat gun or hair dryer and they spring back to shape, but it's anoying.

11-Jun-18
Flex fletch are nice

11-Jun-18
AAE Max vanes don't curl. There pretty stiff.

11-Jun-18
Flex fletch retain shape better than any vane.

11-Jun-18
When Blazers started putting their advertising on every vane I switched to Flex Fletch. Been shooting since and really like them.

11-Jun-18
x-man nailed it!

11-Jun-18
Flex Fletch. Toughest vane ever!

12-Jun-18
Hmmm. I like the Max Hunters, I enjoy the fusion look too. I will check out the flex fletch as well, you gotta switch it up from time to time.

12-Jun-18
Flex Fletch SK-200 or 300 are the best pure hunting vane made right now.

12-Jun-18
Am I the only one that can't tell much flight difference between 4" vanes, 4" feathers or 2" Blazer type vanes? LOL. I guess I'm just "not as in Zen touch" with my gear as you guys are. Honestly, I went from vanes to 4" feathers to Blazers and now thinking about Rayzor type feathers. Like the OP, it's fun to mix things up sometimes.

12-Jun-18
AAE max stealth vanes the nicest vanes I have used for full size fixed blade Broadhead flight

12-Jun-18
12yards, maybe you have to shoot farther than 12 yards to notice a difference ;^)

12-Jun-18
LOL! I guess maybe!

12-Jun-18
Been using Flex Fletch SK-300 in a four fletch configuration with fixed blade broadheads and have had good results.

12-Jun-18

PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
I'm bringin' the HEAT! A little longer than Blazers, smaller profile, and quieter too. Don't overlook these...probably the best I've ever shot.

12-Jun-18
PA, those look sweet brother! I'm definitely looking to switch it up, like 12yards said. I will probably give the Maxx stealth/Hunters this bow season and then decide which I like better. So many options, each one isn't necessarily bad.

12-Jun-18
I switched to Maxx hunters this year. And I like them. My rest required a little tweaking though for better vane clearance. Noticable broadhead flight control past 50. But honestly haven't seen a reason why they'd be considered "better".

My blazers always flew solid at distance too. I notice guys like Dudley are using basically the Blazer equivalent from aae.

13-Jun-18
I think Dudley is experimenting with 4 fletch isn't he?

13-Jun-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Dudley is experimenting with 6 fletch, too.

14-Jun-18
AAEMax Hunters here

14-Jun-18
I switched from Blazers to Fusion X-ll vanes by Duravane. Four fletched in 60/120 configuration. They have a good height/length combination and the newer black base models stick great with no special primers or cleaners. So far I really like the results.

15-Jun-18
I used the Flex Fletch Flash vanes last season and they seemed to work well for fixed heads. (A little lower profile than Blasers but about the same surface area)

15-Jun-18
For those of you using Flex Fletch, how are they compared to the old ones as far as fletching/prep/glues? I shot the old ones for years, always took the time to clean each vane base & was anal about getting them to stay on. A lot of guys tried to cut corners and then complained about losing vanes after a shot or two. The new ones any different?

15-Jun-18
For those of you using Flex Fletch, how are they compared to the old ones as far as fletching/prep/glues? I shot the old ones for years, always took the time to clean each vane base & was anal about getting them to stay on. A lot of guys tried to cut corners and then complained about losing vanes after a shot or two. The new ones any different?

15-Jun-18
I use their Zing primer on the base and CA glue (Loctite Gel Control) to mount on wraps. If you try to pull off a vane, the wrap comes with it!

15-Jun-18
I don't do any prep work on the fletching.. I put a wrap on the arrow, put fletch in the jig, apply glue and stick it on.. Works great so far!?!?

15-Jun-18

Pyrannah's embedded Photo
Pyrannah's embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear