Royboy 27-Jun-18
snuffer 27-Jun-18
MQQSE 27-Jun-18
IdyllwildArcher 28-Jun-18
sticksender 28-Jun-18
NvaGvUp 29-Jun-18
20-Jun-18

NvaGvUp's Link

They are still loading the results, but say they will be available later today.

Good Luck!

https://myodfw.com/

20-Jun-18
Still in the running for a sheep tag... Hoping to hit the jackpot:)

20-Jun-18
I'm expecting to draw a Powers archery elk tag because I have way more than enough points.

Yet there are only two-three NR tags available, so if some newbie decides to cash in a bunch of points, it might not be a sure thing.

As for the sheep tag, may lightning strike!

20-Jun-18
Results are posted!

I drew the elk tag but got the expected "Sorry, Charlie" on the sheep tag.

20-Jun-18
That’s gonna be a great elk hunt! Congratulations!

20-Jun-18
Actually, I drew that very same elk tag last year, but the raging fires in the area shut us down the second day.

So I e-mailed OR DFG and asked to have my points reinstated. Only the Director can do that, but God Bless him, he did just that. Better yet, they gave me another point just as though I hadn't drawn at all.

Very cool!

20-Jun-18
No luck. Will keep dreaming about that John Day River sheep hunt. Knew it was a very long shot going in, but don’t get to play if you don’t pay...

20-Jun-18
That's very cool of them to do that. GL on the hunt Kyle.

20-Jun-18
Ike,

After we had to bail on that hunt due to heavy smoke and road closures, my outfitter informed me about that option.

It turns out that the OR DFG actually has a process for that and a form you can fill out and submit.

I therefore thought I'd likely get my 14 points back, but I never even considered they'd give me an extra point just as though I'd not even drawn the tag.

20-Jun-18
I've deer hunted the Powers unit. There are some decent elk in there. Got my first elk in the Tioga unit north of there. Got my first muley in the Silver Lake unit....twas a monster. Beginners luck.....

20-Jun-18
Drew 256r1 for elk.

20-Jun-18
I drew sled springs hair tag! Super excited, no other tags though. I always think how hard it is to draw with odds about 1 in 300 versus people thinking they have a chance at a lottery jackpot with 250,000,000 to 1 odds

20-Jun-18
No dice for me on sheep tag. Did manage an any elk rifle tag (I like archery season more, but Dad wants me to hunt rifle season with him and I'll never complain about any time in the woods with the man who got me started). Need to figure out what to do with my 11 deer and 20 antelope points next year. Metolius bow maybe?

21-Jun-18
Sorry Worthless Metolius deer takes at least 18 points. Antelope is wide open for you except hart mtn

22-Jun-18
Blanked..... worthless, I'll probably do Metolius next year and have 19 points, few more guys in the same point pool that I know of though so we'll see

23-Jun-18
Hmmm. Any suggestions for a decent deer tag that I can pull with 11 points that doesn't fall during 1st season rifle deer (whole family gets together for rifle deer)

27-Jun-18
Congrats snuffer. Hope you get a monster. How many points did you have?

27-Jun-18
Hey worthless you should look at Oregontags, that guy has all the info you need for hunts with points. Maybe you can find a November rut hunt. Might be muzzle loader

27-Jun-18
19 ghost

27-Jun-18
Maybe the worst state for nonresidents.

Perhaps the other two left coast states are a little worse.

28-Jun-18
The other two are horrible. California gives out 1 NR elk tag. For sheep, you have better odds in multiple states as a NR than you do in CA as a resident if you don't have max points and it'll be that way till you're 80 years old.

Washington requires that you buy an elk tag to put in for the LE draws. The OTC hunts suck if you don't draw a LE tag. The app fee to put in for the big 3 is $120 as a NR and the odds are similar to the MT breaks.

The only value in Washington State is their fund raising lottery, but state gambling laws require that you be present in the state to buy tickets so you can't buy tickets over the internet.

28-Jun-18
This thread being in the Sheep section, my thoughts are......Oregon sheep are worth applying for as part of any campaign to win a sheep tag sometime in one's life. Draw odds are poor though, like every other state offering NR sheep hunts. At least Oregon allocates sheep tags specifically to the NR pool. Washington's regular draw OTOH, is a no-go for me. Odds are just too far out there, to justify the cost. But I do have a resident friend purchase some raffle tickets in my name. And also enter the WSF raffle. California is very marginal due to horrific odds, but I started applying there, due to "needing" a DBHS badly enough to be that desperate ;-)

29-Jun-18
CA will very likely have TWO NR tags next year and probably THREE soon after that.

Thanks to CA WSF, there will be a new hunt zone (Newberry/Rodman/Ord Mtns), PLUS, the top brass at CA DFW has totally agreed with us that they are not giving out enough sheep tags.

• Sitka Gear