Rut Nut 20-Aug-18
grubby 20-Aug-18
18-Aug-18
2018 elk season!

18-Aug-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

18-Aug-18
Me too, except I have a bear tag to go along with those two. Can't swing a dead cat in my new spot without hitting some fresh bear sign. I wasn't planning to shoot another bear but my GF wants a bear rug for her house, and I love CO fall bear meat. So....

18-Aug-18
Jaq I have a bear on a cam that looks pretty good. His fur still shows some winter coat that’s still shedding. This is 10k feet. Is a bear killed in December good for a rug?

18-Aug-18
I would assume so in December. The bears we've killed in September have made beautiful rugs.

18-Aug-18
Interesting. Since the season doesn’t open until the second weekend I’ll see if he’s still making an appearance at the wallow and see how the hair is looking.

18-Aug-18
I'm already to go here in WY also. I have a general elk and deer tag. I also have a MT special draw tag too!

I'm sure some nice elk will be taken. Good luck everyone!

18-Aug-18
Already chasing deer in Utah. Mostly training for NM elk in less than 2 weeks. Then Montana with Bowboy!

18-Aug-18
Can't wait to see one of those!!

18-Aug-18
Packing camp in, last check on cams as I pull them........boys arrive Thursday.......then I'm ready.

19-Aug-18
3 weeks and I'll be hunting!

Lou, you want me to run one down for you? :-)

19-Aug-18
Nick, Lou will chase them with his new e-bike.:)

19-Aug-18
Nick, I also have a bear tag. You run, I’ll follow :)

19-Aug-18
You got it, buddy!

Craig, If the bowhunter owns an e-bike, I think any kills made are non P&Y eligible and all current entries are revoked! :) :) :)

19-Aug-18
All done except for the walk in Friday afternoon.........psych'd!!!

19-Aug-18
I was/am ready. My dad drew a muzzy tag this year. And I was planning on buying a OTC archery either sex tag and hunting the week of muzzy season. But my mother in law was diagnosed with brain cancer 3 weeks ago, at the age of 55. And not doing so good. So plans might have to change.

19-Aug-18
Craig, I'm getting really good at shooting a recurve off the moving ebike while wearing my elk suit and hat!

Like the Indians did, except I don't have to feed it, it never runs off or colics, and no vet bills!

19-Aug-18
I was "all set" until I read the "Snake Bite Story".....I added a garden hoe to my pack list.

19-Aug-18
I am ready. My dining room is blocked off with plano sportsmen totes, packs, bows, and camping gear. I leave the 7th for two weeks. Can't wait men. Good luck and may God Bless you all with fresh meat!

20-Aug-18
Leaving O-Dark-thirty Tuesday morning, the back of my truck is so packed I don't think I could even get a piece of paper in it.

Definitely a "giddy" feeling and ready to hit the road.

20-Aug-18
I'm the least ready I've ever been at this point!

20-Aug-18
Im ready too, i CANT WAIT!!!! I mean, im not going elk hunting, but im dang excited to read about you all going elk hunting....

Stay safe, good luck n take LOTS of notes so the recaps are detailed. I wanna smell the backcountry air......;^)

20-Aug-18
Sorry to hear about your MIL Rusty

20-Aug-18
I'm with you SnS , Not going Elk Hunting but have been enjoying all the threads on the sites. Excited for all you that get to go and have the time to go. Be Safe, aim small hit big and post lots of reports Have a God Day Harold

20-Aug-18
LMBO Franklin! : )

I’ll be “armchair quarterbacking” this year too! ;-)

Good luck, be safe and take lots of pics!

20-Aug-18
No elk tag for me this year, I do have a mule deer tag that starts 9/1

• Sitka Gear