Buskill 21-Oct-18
drycreek 21-Oct-18
Woods Walker 21-Oct-18
Drahthaar 21-Oct-18
Franklin 21-Oct-18
hawkeye in PA 21-Oct-18
air leak 21-Oct-18
21-Oct-18
So Ive read a bunch on scent control and easy free tactics such as hanging your clothes in a pine tree or eating apples to cut the acidity in your mouth. Who here has some they want to share?!

21-Oct-18
Scent Crusher aka Ozonics, hands down it works.

21-Oct-18
Been using smoke as a cover scent for last 7-8 yrs and almost never been busted out. I use a bee smoker and hickory or oak wood chips and smoke my clothes up and the inside of my backpack. Only takes a extra 10 minutes or so. There are over 50 guys doing it on a Ohio hunting forum and they all swear by it.

Deer come into my woods and throw their head up and sniff several times and go about their business.

21-Oct-18
grind cedars sprigs (oil) into your clothing

21-Oct-18
The main product to use is common sense. Start with a clean body and clean clothes, use the wind. Then, quit worrying about it. You've done all you can.

Or, you can roll in cow crap. I've heard that works great.

21-Oct-18
I generally don’t buy into much scent control beyond using scent free detergents and soaps . One thing that got my attention was your mention of apples and changing the pH of your mouth . I can promise you that does not happen when you eat an apple . I’m not even sure why you would want to in the first place but eating an apple or anything else will absolute not change your oral cavity in that way beyond the very few moments it’s in your mouth . Low pH foods are quite bad for your teeth . The bacteria that cause cavities love a nice sugary and acidic food stuff to suck up and process. You aren’t gonna change the odors that come from your mouth a lot and you are not gonna eliminate them .

21-Oct-18
An apple a day keeps the doctor away............or was that the deer ?

21-Oct-18
Chlorophyll capsules. It's used as an internal deodorant. It won't eliminate your scent (nothing will), but it will help reduce it. I start taking it about 2 weeks before hunting starts and after a few days I no longer "pit out" without using underarm deodorant. Hopefully it makes deer think I'm 200 yards away when I'm 40. I also store all my outerwear in a Rubbermaid tub that has a cachet bag of dried leaves in it so it all smells like an autumn woods. Other than that it's Bowriter X2, except the one place I hunt is a horse farm so I use horse crap........on my boots only! Seriously, if I'm walking by a pile I step in it.

21-Oct-18
Like bowriter said hunt with the wind in your favor. Forrest

21-Oct-18
You will NEVER beat a deer`s nose. Do as Bowriter and others have said.....skip the gimmicks. Woodsmanship is your best defense/offense.

21-Oct-18
Agree with the woodsmanship part and a little common sense with the clothes.

21-Oct-18
Bowriter...."The main product to use is common sense. Start with a clean body and clean clothes, use the wind. Then, quit worrying about it. You've done all you can. Or, you can roll in cow crap. I've heard that works great."

X2

• Sitka Gear