Ironbow 15-Nov-18
Shoe 15-Nov-18
rattles33 15-Nov-18
bad karma 15-Nov-18
Dino 16-Nov-18
Peej 16-Nov-18
carcus 17-Nov-18
15-Nov-18
I shot my target bow and hunting bow a ton over this past summer. My bow holding arm began to ache and it's developed into full on tennis elbow, a royal pain! Any ideas/suggestions for healing and for prevention???

15-Nov-18
Surgery-Called tendon release. For me, simple and 100% effective. back to shooting in 30-days, pain free.

15-Nov-18
Tennis elbow is the biggest pain in the butt I have ever had. I had my first steroid injection last May and it lasted until Sept. Got another one and I swear I think it is already wearing off. A surgery may be in my future.

15-Nov-18

brooktrout59's embedded Photo
brooktrout59's embedded Photo
Theraband flexbar for tennis elbow. I am a tennis player and these exercises prevent elbow problems.

15-Nov-18
If it's in your bow arm I'd change up the weighting you have on the stabs and check for odd vibrations. I know of only a cpl people that got it in their bow arm and it was the bow. Draw elbow is more common from what I have seen and experienced personally. I got the juice, problem solved.

15-Nov-18
I had it in 2012 from shooting my bow, I got a cortisone shot and haven’t had a problem since

15-Nov-18
cortisone and then rest. It took mine 8 months to full go away.

15-Nov-18

IdyllwildArcher's Link
These help. There's some stretching exercises you can do that help as well, just google "exercises for tennis elbow."

If it doesn't go away with the band and the exercises, then formal Physical Therapy, then cortisone injection, and lastly surgery are the standard next steps with surgery rarely being necessary.

15-Nov-18
Idyll is right. I got it from riding my bike hundreds of miles preparing for Dirty Kanza, and started exercises I found on You Tube and other places. Mine has improved a bunch already, and it was very painful when I started.

15-Nov-18
All of these things mentioned can really help. I have also found icing 2 or 3 times a day makes a big difference.

15-Nov-18
My ortho basically said "sure I can tell you to do all kinds of exercises so you feel you're doing something proactive, but in reality, its a condition that usually runs its course in 12mo/18mo". So he shot me up with cortizone to make it tolerable, of course that wore off in 6 wks. I managed the pain via wraps, ice, [be careful with too much ibuprofen--kidney/liver damage] and stretching. In the end, he was right, resolved in about 18 mo and I've had both the tennis and golf elbow tendinitis [I think tennis is worse as it is aggravated by simple movements like pouring a glass or picking up a milk jug].

15-Nov-18
For some non-pill relief, try the band-it elbow brace.

16-Nov-18
Thanks for all the responses ! It's a bad and frustrating thing with which to deal.

16-Nov-18
Get a hard rubber ball stand facing the wall and pin the ball between said wall and your forearm at your wrist (back of hand side) apply as much pressure as you can take and roll the ball down your forearm to your elbow. Then back up to you wrist. You can actually feel the knots in your tendons.You need to work these out. Then after a few days incorporate some grip strengthening exercises. Dont know if it will work for you but it did for me.

17-Nov-18
I've had tennis and golfers elbow, time of from whats hurting it will help, mine just finally healed up from bagging bear bait last spring!

• Sitka Gear