jdee 25-Feb-19
deerslayer 25-Feb-19
T Mac 25-Feb-19
Alexis Desjardins 25-Feb-19
pav 26-Feb-19
Stekewood 26-Feb-19
PAbowhunter1064 26-Feb-19
17-Feb-19
Great story by Grant in the latest issue of Bowhunter. Nice goat!!!

17-Feb-19
Very cool Bou. Awesome hunt, and great recap.

17-Feb-19
I guess this one didn’t get shot in the wrong game management zone

17-Feb-19
Ouch!

17-Feb-19
"I guess this one didn’t get shot in the wrong game management zone" Please elaborate for those of us that must have blinked and missed something.

17-Feb-19
I’m all for fun and games and I partook in the lion questions, but can we move on from the damn lion! It’s been, what, 3 years? I want to see a picture of the goat btw!

17-Feb-19
Thanks guys. The second trip was a blessing just to go back. To take the goat was just good fortune.

17-Feb-19
To answer Stev H question:

Years ago he went on an Alberta lion hunt with much build up and fanfare and anticipation. And then the story line fell off the proverbial cliff. Nothing absoulutly nothing from the story teller. to this day the story has no ending just internet buzz of bits and pieces about a giant cat being taken, outfitter problems, access private property issues, game and fish intervention, confiscations, you see it runs the whole gambit of speculation. Something did go wrong as there was no end of the story that started here on Bowsite, no story in Bowhunter Magazine, no hero photos.

“No rest to or of the story”

Just a sad blemish on a great Bowsite poster.

17-Feb-19
Let it go!!!!

17-Feb-19
Congrats on the goat bou’.......As far as the lion hunt who gives a s&$@ it’s nobodys business but the people involved and if they don’t feel like talking about it ....oh well. This aint Jr High school.

17-Feb-19
Congratulations on a really nice goat, and story.

17-Feb-19
Was the Lion hunt with TNT?

17-Feb-19
Hopefully this thread will get deleted and we can restart without the BS.

17-Feb-19
Perhaps if the guy showed people a little more respect and a little less arrogance in some posts he wouldnt get his balls busted lol

17-Feb-19
We have good hunts, poor hunts & great hunts. When we hear of bad ones, or not all the story, draw & quarter. Congrats on the Goat.

17-Feb-19
Congratulations Grant. Beautiful goat!

17-Feb-19
Just to be clear, I couldn't care less about goats or sheep, but I'm gonna read Bou's story anyway. And to be more clear, I don't give a damn about what may or may not have happened on a lion hunt, it's not gonna alter my life one way or the other.

17-Feb-19
Agreed. Let's move on. Always enjoyed Grant's wit and sarcasm. It's entertaining. Some people just take things too seriously.

17-Feb-19
Congrats on the goat Grant! Look forward to reading your story!

Mark

17-Feb-19
Just got mine in the mail yesterday! Look forward to reading it! Congrats Grant:)

17-Feb-19
Lots of Bowsiters (Eyad, Matt, Ron, Grant and Frank to name a few) in this months Bowhunter! Good stuff...Congrats Grant. Looking forward to the read.

17-Feb-19
Mine didn’t come yet!!!

17-Feb-19
Haven't received mine in the mail yet but I'm sure it's a great story. Congrats Grant.

17-Feb-19
Congratulations Grant!

17-Feb-19
Congratulations Bou!

17-Feb-19
I don’t get the magazine, so I’m hoping Grant can post more details herein!

17-Feb-19
Congrats! I, for one, enjoy his wit and sarcasm!

Lee

17-Feb-19
Great read.

17-Feb-19
Enjoyed it. Please post a bunch more photos here

17-Feb-19

IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
I haven't received my copy yet. Looking forward to reading it. Grant is a good writer.

18-Feb-19
Good read Bou/Grant!

Congrats man

Good luck, Robb

18-Feb-19
I read the story sounds incredible!! Congratulations.

18-Feb-19
Great write-up Bou. Excellent goat too!

18-Feb-19
Congrats Grant !! Anyone who gives him a hard time has never met him. Class act all the way around and a pleasure to share a camp with !!!

18-Feb-19
Is it in the February issue? I had to quit BH when the postage to BC became more than double the subscription. But I’ll pick up a copy if I can find it.

18-Feb-19
Post up a pic or two Bou, mail is slow up here!

18-Feb-19
Congrats can’t wait to read it Lewis

18-Feb-19
Well, Grant sold at least one issue. Nice write-up. Congrats on the goat.

18-Feb-19
Congrats, goats are certainly cool animals!

18-Feb-19
Congrats Grant, way to get it done!

18-Feb-19
If you gotta subscribe to a mag to get it I’m out. Congrats though!

18-Feb-19
CONGRATS Bou'bound!

19-Feb-19
Any chance to hear the story here. I do not get Bowhunter.

19-Feb-19
"Any chance to hear the story here. I do not get Bowhunter"

$8 for a year subscription......if you can stand the repeated mailings about renewal that come with it. I just reupped and got a renewal notice before the next issue??? Congrats, Grant.

19-Feb-19
Congrats Grant! Don't have the magazine but a goat is always earned!

19-Feb-19
Do you have to agree to not post the story online when you write a magazine article?

19-Feb-19
Great well written story and a great goat. Congratulations.

19-Feb-19
Great article Grant- read it last night. You took us there with your twice! Congrats on a well earned trophy.

Reading Matt's article tonight.

24-Feb-19
Congratulations Grant. Great article and a nice goat.

24-Feb-19
Congrats Grant!

24-Feb-19
Just finished it, great job Bou! Congrats!

24-Feb-19
Hats off to him and anyone that hunts goat country. Never have liked heights where I’m on the edge. That includes a roof. To hunt up there just requires some serious determination and at times fearlessness. Amazing accomplishment. About as close to goat hunting I’ll ever get is being an old one(goat).

24-Feb-19
I want to add something in regards to this. Hunters of today are fortunate to be able to get on a site like this and actually communicate with legends of bow hunting. Can you imagine when we were young being able to get online and ask Fred Bear questions? I hope young hunters take advantage of this. I still love magazines over online subscriptions. To me it’s easier to day dream while reading a magazine about being there with the writer. This ought to be a great read.

24-Feb-19
To all who are posting in regards to "letting it go" I understand the sentiment. I personally don't really care about the infamous Jay Fuller hunt, and it's not really my business. However........

With the constant barrage of unkind/unnecessary comments in a cleary condescending tone that Bou'bound regularly posts, he brings it on himself. Regardless of whether or not the lion hunt was an honest mistake, bad outfitter, whatever, I could really care less, but he more than opens himself up to criticism when he runs his keyboard warrior mouth by constantly attempting to negate and minimize others and their accomplishments while indulging in his egocentric remarks and pompous outlook towards other posters. Mcadam17 nailed it. Respect is always earned and is always a two way street.

But I digress,

Congrats on getting a goat!

24-Feb-19
Me thinks Justin isn’t able to discern the amount of sarcasm in some of Bou’s posts. Those that can, are able to find humor and those that cannot, well....they whine.

24-Feb-19

PistolPete's Link
I was just lurking and came to read a goat story, but this is way more interesting. Found the referenced lion thread.

24-Feb-19
Me thinks Justin has a pretty good grasp on things.

24-Feb-19
Not original with me, but I fully agree:

"Sarcasm is actually hostility disguised as humor".... Oscar Wilde said “Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.” Sarcastic comments, though humorous, are usually passive-aggressive..... The dictionary defines sarcasm as “the use of irony to mock or convey contempt; a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark.” None of these sound like validating communication. If you use sarcasm you must ask yourself, what are you trying to accomplish with your communication? What kind of relationship do you want? Are you striving to be funny at the expense of others? Or do you want to build relationships of trust? Do you care how other people feel, or are you only interested in entertaining yourself? Sarcastic people often see teasing as tough love and believe people should be able to handle it. They also think saying “just kidding” after a sarcastic remark makes it OK. They usually see themselves as funny people, even if they are the only ones laughing...."

Most sarcasm is a thinly veiled attempt to build yourself up at another's expense. It stems almost exclusively from individuals who lack true self-confidence and feel the need to tear others down in order to make themselves feel better about their own physical or mental inadequacies. It seems that for little inferior people sarcasm is their form of a punch in the face through words because in the real world they know a real punch wouldn't work out too well for them. Hence the need to get on an internet forum and puff the ol' chest out.

25-Feb-19
Thanks for the philosophy lesson.

25-Feb-19
I believe the lesson was in physcology, but regardless you are most welcome.

25-Feb-19
Less honorable than sarcasm are the determined digs at someone who is simply being congratulated for a good hunt and good story.

25-Feb-19
"Less honorable than sarcasm are the determined digs at someone who is simply being congratulated for a good hunt and good story. "

Amen Brother!

25-Feb-19
Congrats Bou. just got my issue. Way to persevere. Great goat and great story.

25-Feb-19
I learned a long time ago that honesty and transparency is the the only true course in life. And like most valuable lessons, I learned this the hard way. I'll simply leave it at that. I'll add that for me, and I'm certain, for many others, the Bowsite is a valuable hunt planning resource. It is so much more than just another online garbage can where mindless dregs go to beat on each other. All that said, I can't think of any good reason why a guy wouldn't tell his story unless he's got something to hide. This doesn't work unless we share the info, good and bad. So the guy takes shots at others, whatever, we're all big boys. But when a guy takes the info but doesn't give it back, well that's not fair. Unless there's a hell of a good reason, and I'm not smart enough to think of one, he could have very easily avoided all the drama, but more importantly, he could have provided our community with the value of an explanation. We make our beds boys...

25-Feb-19
Congrats Bou....great goat and enjoyed the reading.

25-Feb-19
Well said, Busta'Ribs. Feedack re outfitters is one of the best things about this forum.

25-Feb-19
you reap what you sow................................

25-Feb-19
Wow....lotsa' defenders of Bowsite legends sticking up for ol' Bou. Where were you guys a few years ago? Maybe if you all would've been just as vocal back then, about defending a guy who was self inflated, egotistical, and condescending to other posters, we could still be enjoying the expertise of TurkeyBowMaster, too? Oh, well....I guess you guys didn't share any camps with him, right?

Back to the OP's original intent....congratulations on a fine goat, Grant. I'm glad you climbed that mountain....I ain't lion.

25-Feb-19
Me personally....I'd like to know if an outfitter has a history of being fully compliant with the regs prior to going with them/him. I put alot of faith and trust in the outfitter to keep me out of trouble with the fine minutia some states/provinces have buried within their regs. Ideally a hunter would explain what happened...warts-n-all. The idea is not to fault the hunter....it's helping others from repeating the same thing. A reasonable reader (and prospective client) should understand that and thank the hunter for explaining what transpired. My two pennies.....

25-Feb-19
Maybe just me, but I believe a paid guide should bear total responsibility for advising a client on staying legal. If the client veers from that advice, then it's on him.

25-Feb-19
The people want the truth of Grant's Lion Hunt with Jay Fuller. #NEVERFORGET

25-Feb-19
TBM and bou’bound ain’t even in the same league. I think bou comes up with some pretty good comments but I also think most of his witty comments are over most guys heads. It seems a lot of the guys that didn’t want TBM around are the same guys dumping on bou....The Pat Springer Show.......Bou and his lion hunt is none of my business if he doesn’t want it to be and I can live with that just fine.

25-Feb-19
Ah yes, the old “You all lack the intellectual acumen to understand the brilliance and humor of sarcasm” routine.

Allow me simplify the issue: If an individual walks, talks, and acts like a jack a$$, don’t be surprised when others label and treat them as such.

25-Feb-19

25-Feb-19
Congrats Grant, Don't get the magazine anyone have a pic?

26-Feb-19
"There are plenty of jacka$$e$ that snipe on here."

I agree 100%....and would direct that comment specifically at those who felt it necessary to hijack a successful archery mountain goat thread in favor of a three year old event which did not affect any of them personally in the least.

Some of you guys seriously need to take a LONG look in the mirror!

26-Feb-19
Couldn't agree with Pav more!

26-Feb-19
I agree 100%....and would direct that comment specifically at those who felt it necessary to hijack a successful archery mountain goat thread in favor of a three year old event which did not affect any of them personally in the least. Some of you guys seriously need to take a LONG look in the mirror! -pav

Ugh....I guess you just don't understand our kind of cheerful wit and gleeful sarcasm. Once you get to know us better, you'll give us a pass too. My problem isn't taking a LONG look in the mirror....it's pulling myself away from it! :-D

• Sitka Gear