timex 25-Feb-19
Pyrannah 25-Feb-19
timex 25-Feb-19
Smtn10PT 25-Feb-19
TreeWalker 25-Feb-19
timex 25-Feb-19
timex 25-Feb-19
21-Feb-19
We officially got the good news today that the Director of Virginia's Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (DGIF) is retiring. Since he became the Director our hunting license sales have steadily dropped, while neighboring states Maryland and North Carolina are gaining hunters. We have unique problems here in Virginia and our DGIF hasn't been keeping up with the times.

If your team is losing consistently year after year wouldn't you want a new coach? Hunters in VA have been losing and it's time for new leadership.

Hopefully there is somebody out there with experience in their state's game and fish department that wants a position that pays a salary of about $140,000.

21-Feb-19
There was a guy in PA with the last name Alt you might want to consider. Lol. Not sure where Gary is now

25-Feb-19
Anybody interested?

25-Feb-19
I'd love to have that salary but I think the position requires more education than I have. the biggest problem with va liscens sales is the cost hunt 23 bg 23 bow 18 muzzleloader 18. that's $82 add bonus tags 100 add national forest & state waterfowl stamp. & we haven't even talked fishing yet. but somebody's got to pay that salary right. I know it seams petty to bitch but 40 year's ago every thing mentioned above was less than $20 now just a combination fresh & salt water fishing liscens is $39.50

25-Feb-19

40 YEARS AGO – 1972 Average price of gallon of gas: $.55

Cost of postage stamp: $.18

Minimum Wage About: $1.60

Gallon of Milk: $1.20

Dozen Eggs: $.52

25-Feb-19
ok my friend buy a 275.000 house a 40.000 pickup & a 25.000 car insurance on them plus health insurance plus college for your children plus 10% going into a retirement account & the average middle class income is well under 100.000 you show me the time machine ill gladly go back

25-Feb-19
Its all about prioritizing whats important to you, for me its hunting, not a 40k pickup. If you really want to do something you'll find a way to afford it.

Elkstabber, I believe VA just made Sunday hunting legal, and I personally know one new license sale you gained this year because of it.

25-Feb-19
I will Kiley spend the first 10 years after retirement outside the US except for November and December each year. Then will move back to US to live full time. Why? My wife and I like traveling and are comfortable being uncomfortable in a foreign culture. We will probably head to Europe since have friends spread around there though Chile offers a lot to American expats so is on our short list due to good medical coverage at reasonable costs, preferential tax treatment, low violent crime rates and modern infrastructure. The one pain in being a temporary ex-pat is you need coverage when in U.S. visiting so for me I would be paying a lot so have coverage as visit family unless wait for Medicare at 65.

25-Feb-19
off topic I know but a little education .in 1972-3 my father got transferred from Jacksonville nc to the Pentagon he bought a house on 5 acres in Vienna va. for 60.000 3 years later he sold it for ? 10 years later it sold for 1 million that person developed it & put 20 300k homes on that land & I'm sure those houses are 500k now. I guess that puts 7.50 hunt 7.50 big game & 5.00 to fish in 1980 into perspective

25-Feb-19
stick n string yes lololo Loudon county va is the wealthiest county in the United States. go ahead Google it lololo va is an expensive state to live in

• Sitka Gear