Brotsky 04-Apr-19
Bake 04-Apr-19
Brotsky 04-Apr-19
Bigdan 04-Apr-19
t-roy 04-Apr-19
EmbryOklahoma 04-Apr-19
Brotsky 05-Apr-19
18-Mar-19
Curious if the horrible flooding in Nebraska may affect the banquet in a few weeks?

Anyone know if that area of the state has been hit?

18-Mar-19
Sure has been hit. Offutt AFB is under water. Not sure about the other side of the city near the Hotels. I’d assume in three weeks the flooding may be over.

18-Mar-19
Just the beginning. Wait until it finally starts to thaw up here in the Great White North! Gonna get far worse before it gets better!

18-Mar-19
^^^^^^^ Yes ! My wife's family lives in Fargo and snow is ass deep to giraffe. It's not gonna be pretty when it starts thawing. Bad flooding predicted on the Red River in Fargo, and right now the storm drains are frozen. Gonna get messy ! :-(

19-Mar-19
Worse yet to come ....

19-Mar-19
We have a pile of snow to melt and much water to push down the Missouri yet before this is over. The area of Omaha where the convention is being held should be fine. Things should be somewhat back to normal by mid-April but there will still be a lot of folks hurting. Might be nice to see something done at the convention to help folks out.

19-Mar-19
Flew into Omaha last Wednesday and there was a lot of water on the ground but nothing impacting the roads in and around Omaha. I-29 on the Iowa side of the Missouri River south of Omaha is closed but should be open by conference time. I think it will be fine - I live in Lincoln.

19-Mar-19
The area around the venue should be ok. Getting here from certain directions could be an issue. Interstate 29 South of town will likely be closed for some time yet. Interstate 29 North and 680 may be close also for some time. Many roads and bridges have been washed out especially in Nebraska. Plan the route here accordingly. Worst I have ever seen it in SW Iowa. Coming into Omaha from the Iowa side on Interstate 80 is Ok far.

19-Mar-19
I would think the most effective/easiest way to support Omaha would be to attend the P&Y convention. Support the local economy. Be there or be square:)

19-Mar-19
Highway 275 which goes northwest out of Omaha is severely damaged. West Dodge road which is Omaha's main east/west artery and links to Hwy 275 is completely destroyed just west of town. Going to be a while before that is fixed. The Elkhorn River bridge on West Center Street which also links to Hwy 275 collapsed entirely. I haven't heard the status of west Maple Street, the other main link to Hwy 275. So if you are planning on driving to Omaha from the northwest there will likely be issues. Check in again closer to the convention date. I-80 is OK.

19-Mar-19
I live 10 minutes from the convention site and frequently drive the affected roads mentioned above. BTW

19-Mar-19
Here in central MT there is quite a bit of snow to melt and much of the ground was frozen when it came down. Last year we had excessive runoff with similar conditions. It all heads down the Missouri.

21-Mar-19
Yesterday, I talked with the convention headquarters and the hotels adjoining the convention center. They are installing a wireless fence around the compound. We are putting a collar on Zack to keep him the confines so that he will not wander off into the flood water areas. Kotaman, you may want to bring some floaties for him, just for backup purposes.

21-Mar-19
Ricky krueger here I am with in 30 min of the convention site and am glad to report that by the time the convention gets here there should be no problems with flooding. It never did get close to the site at all and the I-80 interstate remained open the whole while If you are driving the worst road damage was between Omaha and Fremont. And some will be repaired by that time and detours would be short. I don't forsee any issues. If you have any questions feel free to cantact me by email at [email protected] or calling number is in the ethic magazine. Thanks

21-Mar-19
Use to hunt by Hamburg,Ia. and just seen that is all under water. Rather deal with fire than a flood, clean up is real bad mess, feel real bad for the people that are suffering from it.

22-Mar-19
I plan on coming down 29 from Sioux City and driving accross SD On 94 any proublems?

22-Mar-19
Dan.....I think that parts of I 29 are still closed just north of Council Bluffs, but things could change before the convention. You could also come down I 29 to just north of Council Bluffs, then detour a little ways east, then south to I 80 west. It’s open all the way through Omaha.

23-Mar-19
Dan, if you are coming through S.D. on 90 to Sioux Falls and then down 29 you will be good. Just detour around to Blair off of 29 and straight back south to 680 to the convention site. Now if you are coming across 94 through ND and then down there may be some problems south of Fargo in April but there’s plenty of ways around that. Safe travels.

23-Mar-19
680 was my planed route off 29 to La vista then I have to pick up my wife on the 11th at the air port Eppley Field

23-Mar-19

23-Mar-19
75 from the south looking okay?

23-Mar-19
Any flooding/detour issues between airport and convention center?

23-Mar-19
Should be ok from airport to convention. 680 on iowa side under water now.so Dan will have to choose another rout most likely

23-Mar-19
I mite have to go south and hit 80 in Wyoming then go east

26-Mar-19
Now we have flooding between Billings and Wyoming so both my ways are blocked mite have to drop into Cody to get to 80

26-Mar-19

BULELK1's Link
Be patient when ya get into Omaha!

Good luck, Robb

26-Mar-19
I made reservations with Emerald Limo Service today for ground transportation between airport and hotel. Good folks. Emmitt told me the area between airport and convention site has no flooding issues. He said a flooding is south of the area.

02-Apr-19
Hows the roads this week headed to Omaha on Tuesday driving hows 29 coming from the north and 629 . how is 80 coming from the west any proublems

02-Apr-19
Dan. If you are coming down I29 you can take it down to the Missouri Valley IA/Blair exit onto HWY30 west. Go through Blair NE and hang a left onto HWY 30/133 and take HWy 133 south down to Omaha and get on I680 south bound which will take you on over to the convention. If you come by way of I80 from the west from WY you should have no problem.

02-Apr-19
Thinking of droping down 83 to 80 from SD eagle eye your way looks shorter thanks

04-Apr-19
check Nebraska 511 road conditions.

04-Apr-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Looks like 680 is open Dan, you just have to give her a little extra!

04-Apr-19
So what about those folks coming up from the south? Up I-29 specifically?

04-Apr-19
Bake, I-29 is closed starting at St Joe all the way north to Omaha. Real bad down there. You'll have detour either east or west depending upon which direction you are coming from.

04-Apr-19
What about 75 from the South?

04-Apr-19
Brotsky, Colorado needs to send you guys some snow plows!

04-Apr-19

Brotsky's Link
Rick, looks like 75 is fine as of right now, just a couple of spots under repair that have a width limit. Here's a link to the Nebraska 511 page with the current closures so everyone can check before they travel next week.

04-Apr-19
Thanks Brotsky. Dang I'm glad I asked. that's really gonna screw our plans. We are coming from south of KC, and would take I-29 from KC north. We were gonna head up really early Thursday morning and spend the day at the zoo on Thursday with my daughter.

Have to detour west and change that plan.

Thanks again

04-Apr-19

Brotsky's Link
Here's the road report for Iowa as well. Figured most of 29 is actually in Iowa so this is definitely pertinent for many who plan to take 29 from either direction.

04-Apr-19
My Mustang likes them 80mph interstates thanks guys

04-Apr-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
I was working in the little town of Hamburg, Iowa (in the very SW corner of the state) a couple of days ago. 2/3rds of the town was flooded a few weeks ago and parts are still underwater. This is a pic of the Missouri River west of there. You can see Interstate 29 in the pic. Terrible situation for so many people.

04-Apr-19
Thanks, Justin! See y'all there.

05-Apr-19
Big snow/rain event mid-week next week for the northern plains. Don’t think it will snow as far south as Omaha but if you are coming from the north could be something to watch.

• Sitka Gear