fubar racin 22-May-19
IdyllwildArcher 22-May-19
Z Barebow 23-May-19
elkstabber 23-May-19
huntabsarokee 23-May-19
Trial153 23-May-19
OFFHNTN 23-May-19
21-May-19
I know it comes up every year, but I don’t always pay attention, and they come out with new every year.

Need to replace a 2+ lb Northface

20-30 degree rating. The lightest and most compact possible.

No budget

What’s the best and lightest and smallest packing?

21-May-19
No budget, I like this already!

—Jim

21-May-19
Western mountaineering all day long!!!!!

21-May-19
I'd freeze in a 20 to 30 degree bag....but I'm a light-weight!

21-May-19
WM Badger would be my choice. Going strictly off of reviews.

21-May-19
+4 for Western Mountaineering, I might go with the Antelope though because I’m always cold at night!

21-May-19
I have the WM Alpinlite and think it’s a great bag. I probably would have picked the Badger but got a great deal on this one.

22-May-19
I just upgraded to an outdoor vitals it’s been working great for me so far but only been on 1 trip with it so far. My biggest reasons for going with them though was I liked the versatility of that certain bag and liked that they support hunting, I’m betting that there’s lighter more compressible bags on the market.

22-May-19
Blane,

Go to enlightenedequipment website and look at the Revelation quilt. You can customize it and has a closed toe box. This will work for you in all August/Sept hunts and will work for sheep hunting as well as it weighs 1 lb and is treated down so it’s good when wet and I can vouch for that. I got mine rated to 20 and was snug as a bug in a rug at 20 sleeping on the ground on a single Thermarest in merino base layer and I sleep cold.

Edit: 24 and 26 was as cold as it got, but I was warm. As it gets close to the rating, you’ll want a beanie and a hoodie.

23-May-19
I have a WM Apache. Bought it used on Rokslide. I have not truly tested it yet. But I wanted something better than my old bag. A good nights sleep is worth the cost. (Per above, I always wear a beanie and I use a bag liner to keep my bag clean.)

23-May-19
I'll second Idyll's suggestion. Enlightened equipment has what you're looking for.

23-May-19
I will 2nd Scoot. I purchased an Enlightened Equipment quilt before they offered the waterproof down but when they still were offering think it was 850 loft. Got a 20° but paid a few dollars more for some extra fill. Wasn't a fan. I liked the extra room that you get with a quilt but felt like I needed more layers on. Still have it but since I got the WM haven't used it.

23-May-19
I have switched over to quilts, but I have no complaints about my WM bags that own. I would pick that I wanted off their website then call around to find a deal....Bean outdoors would be my starting point.

23-May-19
If you are a side sleeper, I STRONGLY suggest you look at the NEMO Riff 15. It is light, warm, and spoon shaped. I love mine.

• Sitka Gear