standswittaknife 25-Jun-19
Ambush 25-Jun-19
Rackmastr 25-Jun-19
standswittaknife 25-Jun-19
Mad Trapper 26-Jun-19
gobbler 26-Jun-19
Treeline 26-Jun-19
19-Jun-19
Can anyone give me an idea of a good outfitter? We are looking for a remote experience with the option for Mtn. Caribou as well. Anything would help. thanks,

19-Jun-19
I had a great hunt with Tuchodi River...

19-Jun-19
x2 on Tuchodi It’s been awhile since I’ve hunted that area but it was definitely a game rich area.

19-Jun-19

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Stone Mountain Safaris, Toad River, BC

19-Jun-19
It would be hard to beat Lloyd Clark at Pink Mountain Outfitters

20-Jun-19
Dustin Roe-Backcountry BC and Beyond.

20-Jun-19
I'm headed to Pink Mountain to hunt with Lloyd next year.

20-Jun-19
I'm bow hunting with Mike Hawkridge and Big Country Outfitters in BC the first week of October.

Darren

20-Jun-19
If you haven't already done so, you should visit the GOABC website. Pick a region, say for example the Peace region in NE BC, and then pick your species, and you'll get tons of info on all the member outfitters in that region.

https://www.goabc.org/members-directory/

20-Jun-19
Thank you all for the information!

20-Jun-19

sbschindler's Link

20-Jun-19
Check Jake Gunson, Gunson Guides, he's a bowsite sponsor.

I've hunted black bear with him shortly after he bought KL Outfitters and was impressed.

He specializes in "adventure hunts", gun or bow. I think you'll like what you hear and see.

20-Jun-19
Highly recommend Tuchodi River for moose but there were not many bou in their area. They told me not to even bother buying a tag when I was there

20-Jun-19

GGOutfitting's embedded Photo
2018 mountain caribou
2018 mountain caribou

GGOutfitting's Link
Jake with Gunson Guiding & Outfitting here. We offer remote wilderness moose / mountain caribou hunts in BC, as well as straight moose hunts in Saskatchewan. We have one cancellation in BC for a moose only (no caribou option) for 2019, but beyond that are looking at bookings for 2020. Happy to answer questions about moose hunts...

20-Jun-19

2018 Canadian Moose
2018 Canadian Moose

GGOutfitting's Link
And one of our moose from 2018...

21-Jun-19
I have contacted in one way or another app Of the above outfitters and love the site that I can screen many. Thanks so far for all of your help.

22-Jun-19
You might check into Cassiar Stone Outfitters as well, Danny. We weren’t very satisfied with the the owner at the time of our hunt (2004ish) but it has since switched hands. We did a horseback hunt, and that part of it was incredible. Beautiful country in Northern BC and some whopper moose as well as a legitimate opportunity for mtn. Caribou too. This was 15 years ago, but may be worth a look, still. My guide (Neil) still guides up there, and was great to hunt with, and super knowledgeable of the area.

23-Jun-19
Some great suggestions here, and I love seeing the pics!!

We are flying into a remote lake for a moose/bou hunt in late Sept on our own this year. Couple inflatable boats and motors and should be a good time hunting big moose in the rut!

Kawdy outfitters, Fredlund Guide Service, Backcountry BC, Gunson, Liard River, Stone Mountain, etc are all great options.

23-Jun-19
Good luck on your hunt, Rackmastr! Are you hunting in Alberta, or another province?

23-Jun-19
Big Nine

23-Jun-19
Hey t-roy thanks! I haven't updated my profile in a long time. BC resident now for the past 8 years and we are flying into NW BC (close to Yukon border). Should be a pretty amazing time. So many great lakes and outfitters up there and a lot can depend on horse based, boat based, etc type hunt that guys want as well. I'm lucky to do it as a resident!!

23-Jun-19
Thanks for the info, Rackmastr. That leads me to another question for the Canucks on here. Can you hunt in other provinces other than your home province without having to hire an outfitter, or are you required to go through an outfitter like us guys in the states are required to?

23-Jun-19

MOman's embedded Photo
He also uses a good taxidermist too.
MOman's embedded Photo
I hunted with Jake Gunson fall of 2014, and would highly recommend. Hunted from September 14-24th if memory serves me correct saw a bunch of moose, definitely a hunt of a lifetime for me.

23-Jun-19

MOman's embedded Photo
MOman's embedded Photo
I hunted with Jake Gunson fall of 2014, and would highly recommend. Hunted from September 14-24th if memory serves me correct saw a bunch of moose, definitely a hunt of a lifetime for me.

24-Jun-19
t-roy, Yes, I can host a Canadian resident for OTC type hunt up north. I'll be hosting a buddy from Alberta for moose this trip. He's never been to northern BC or in a float plane so it should be a heck of a cool adventure to share up there. Lucky to be able to do a bit of hosting among friends back and forth in some provinces.

24-Jun-19
Troy, we can host other Canadians and foreign family members.

I got this single sister............

24-Jun-19
So many different ways I could go with this response.......

WWRGD (What Would Red Green Do?)

24-Jun-19
I've hosted a nephew and brother that are "non-resident aliens"...i.e. from the US. Great to hunt with them.

25-Jun-19
You guys are getting off track...

25-Jun-19
Haha well I did give 6 really good recommendations, if that means anything. To be honest, theres some real good 'boots on the ground' experience in areas from the BC residents posting on this thread right now. Been to a lot of the lakes, areas, and know a lot of the outfitters and their operations. Food for thought about being off track at least.

25-Jun-19
Rackmastr... I have contacted everyone of the outfitters you have recommended and just waiting on two more to get back to me. tons of help thank you... Wishing that I could get a call back from Tuchodi since they have good elk too. It sounds like the son is taking over gradually and probably pretty busy getting ready for sheep season as well. Being patient and looking over lots of information. Anything on Moon Lake Outfitters? thanks, Danny

25-Jun-19
Tuchodi doesn’t have the elk it did several years ago. Don’t factor elk into your “pro” column.

25-Jun-19
standswittaknife, I don't have much info on Moon Lake but I'd imagine they kill some giant bulls.

I hear you on wanting to mix up the elk with it. In that case the suggestion of Aaron Fredlund at Fredlund Guide Service is a higher one on my list (with elk as a secondary option being important).

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions as well. I personally have hunted in a bunch of the zones and know a handful of the outfitters from experience. If I had the choice I'd likely add in mountain caribou with a big moose as a secondary option vs the elk but really depends on whats the most important to you.

Regardless you're in for a heck of a cool adventure up here!

25-Jun-19
Thank you for all the help.. I’m obsessive with this stuff and will keep digging..

Ambush that’s really helpful to know that the elk are not as prevalent as they used to be for Tuchodi.

Rack... i have contacted fredlund and waiting to hear back.. i will keep in touch..

26-Jun-19
Maybe I missed them, but I didn’t see many bows in the moose photos on Gunson’s website.

26-Jun-19

gobbler's embedded Photo
I had a Mt. caribou tag too and saw several good bulls but just couldn’t get close enough for a shot.
gobbler's embedded Photo
I had a Mt. caribou tag too and saw several good bulls but just couldn’t get close enough for a shot.
Stone Mountain Safaris have good elk too, or st least they did a few years ago. Unless something has happened I assume they still do?

26-Jun-19
Don’t have any experience hunting up there, but have talked to Jake Gunson several times and worked with his brother. Great people! If I ever get the opportunity, I will go with Gunson. They have monster bull moose and a fabulous bunch of country!

• Sitka Gear