Brotsky 25-Jun-19
Bake 25-Jun-19
Whocares 25-Jun-19
t-roy 25-Jun-19
Treeline 25-Jun-19
Brotsky 27-Jun-19
APauls 25-Aug-19
25-Jun-19
Not much information on this from searching......anyone bought this new Kutana Storm Shell rain gear? It seems higher tech, breathes better and tougher material but there is a lot of good reviews in the Chugach NX line not much on this one yet. I'm actually looking at the Kutana Storm Shell vs the Chugach NX.

25-Jun-19
The Chugach is an awesome piece of gear, very hard to go wrong with it.

25-Jun-19
I agree with Brotsky, hard to go wrong with the Chugach, best bet for one do-it-all rain gear. I own (or have owned) all the Kuiu rain gear except the Kutana. If I was buying ONE set it would definitely be Chugach NX.

—Jim

25-Jun-19
You guys are killing me but I'd like to save the $$ and get the Chugach for sure. Those are very powerful recommendations.....much appreciated. I am somewhat of a gear nut.......I may have to order both of them and see what I like. I own a lot of mountaineering grade gear that I don't even use for hunting but that's what I'm looking for, super high tech.......only hunting oriented. I'm looking at some Sitka stuff too...

25-Jun-19

Treeline's embedded Photo
Treeline's embedded Photo
Have the Chugach as well.

Worked great last weekend in snowy, muddy nasty wet sloppy crap while rolling around in it digging out and hooking up to pull stuck vehicles for three days. Actually surprised that I didn’t rip them to shreds working them that hard. Kept me dry through as nasty as it can get.

I like the pockets on the jacket but the pants have none.

I plan to comment to Kuiu about pockets on the pants. Would at least like to have two front pockets and maybe one back one!

25-Jun-19
+1 Treeline, I have the same gripe about the pants! A guy could spend $50 more and get the Kutana pants that have a couple pockets and the Chugach NX Top.

25-Jun-19
Timely thread. I too need to update rain gear. Was looking at Kutana myself

25-Jun-19
Come on you guys! Been trying to make it through summer without buying anymore gear. have had rain gear in the back of my mind. Only have a couple sets left. Had looked at the Chugach and tried to ignore it til now. That and the Attack pants. Some of you guys cost me money!

25-Jun-19
Another “thumbs up” on the Chugach rain gear. Rained every day, but one, on an Alaska moose hunt a few years back, and they performed flawlessly.

25-Jun-19
Hell, I ran the winch cable across them and spooling in a couple of times and didn’t rip them. Pretty amazed, really. Might have to watch for a pair of katana or Yukon pants for the pockets though...

27-Jun-19
Being a sucker for high tech I'm going to order the Kutana Storm Shell. It only weighs 1.3 ounces more than the Chugach ........has better seam tape, better breathability, tougher nylon material, absorbs way less water and thus dries much faster. I spend a lot of time both walking in the rain and sitting in the rain......Kuiu says Chugach doesn't breath as good during a sit. I've watched all the Kuiu videos.....Kutana sounds like Chugach NX on steroids. I get pockets on my pants and I'm only out an extra $100. I'll post a review.....

27-Jun-19
Thanks SA! I would say I look forward to your review but the last thing I need to do is find a reason to buy more Kuiu! Ha!

20-Aug-19
I am 6' 3'' weigh around 205. I like athletic fit clothes.......but I found the Kuiu sizing to be somewhat on the small side. I ordered XL jacket and L pants since that's what I always get.....and I could probably make do with that, but it just seems on the small side. The sleeves on the jacket not quite long enough either so I ordered an XXL jacket and XL pants. I expect them by the time I get home this weekend so I will try them on and post my final review. The pants are supposedly 34" inseam (this is my normal size in everything) but they seem short to me. So far I'm not exactly blown away by this stuff but I will likely keep a set of these are I need some new packable rain gear........I almost ready to drop some more bucks and look at the $600 Sitka stuff. I'll post more this weekend.

25-Aug-19
Ok.....new sizes received. The XL pants are perfect the XXL jacket is just a touch big but better than the XL and I'm keeping the larger size. Just spend about an hour outside in a pretty good rain scouting a new stand location near my house. Performed up to expectations and the real plus to me is the outside absorbed almost no water as advertised....these will dry very quickly in my tent. That hydroscopic material plus the extra durability over the Chugach have me sold. I alos really like the zippers and actually having a zippered fly! Very much more packable, and much more hydroscopic than my old Cabela's MTO50. Much lighter than my Mountain Hardware and Arc'teryx stuff.

25-Aug-19
Have Chugach upper and Yukon bottoms. Feel like I can go through hell and back

• Sitka Gear