Ace 16-Jul-19
Brotsky 16-Jul-19
Bake 16-Jul-19
grizzly 16-Jul-19
Ambush 18-Jul-19
Duke 18-Jul-19
Rgiesey 18-Jul-19
13-Jul-19
OK boys and girls, South Dakota is having a license raffle. A chance to get an elk, deer and antelope tag in one shot. Any season, any weapon. Or you could shoot a buffalo. Its the only way a non resident can get an elk tag so give it a shot and help the habitat in the process. Go to South Dakota Game Fish and Parks website, scroll down to Hunt for Habitat and start buying tickets. No limit I believe. I think there are three packages available so no one person can buy their way in completely. There is a deadline so do not delay. Forgive me if I have anything wrong. Go read it for yourself and good luck.

14-Jul-19
Do you still have to buy the tag and hunting licence if you win?

14-Jul-19
Ambush, no, they are included. Also in S.D. your tag is your hunting license. No need for a separate small game type license.

14-Jul-19
Also, if a Bowsiter should happen to win this I will gladly guide you to a nice bull!

14-Jul-19
Thanks Brotsky. That is one very sweet raffle then!!

Sorry Colorado, I think some of my planned StoptheWolf donation might be going to SD.

14-Jul-19
I’m in! Thanks!!!

14-Jul-19
I’ve been waiting 17 years for an archery tag here. I just want to go chase bugling bulls in my home state for a change! Anyone that wins one of these tags is in for a treat. You will be in elk everyday...not to mention the antelope and deer tag!

15-Jul-19

Brotsky's Link
Here is the link to purchase tickets for those interested. Keep in mind that Nonresidents are allowed to win one set of tags only, but are not guaranteed to win any. A resident could win all 3 sets of 3 tags, but a NR could not win more than one set. Hopefully that makes sense.

15-Jul-19
WOW this is really rally cool!!

NICE work SDGFP. Anyone else want to give me a month of vacation time off work so I can give this a shot! :)

16-Jul-19
I'm in. Lets hope someone from Bow site wins. I've been trying to pull a elk tag in my home state for years, but would gladly settle for a buffalo. Looks like Brotsky is a few points ahead of me for elk.

16-Jul-19
I am in sounds like a dream hunt good luck to all.

16-Jul-19
Very Cool, I'm in for a Buffalo and an Elk/Deer/Goat raffle ticket. Thanks for the heads up, I hope SD raises a ton of money on this.

FYI The tickets are $20 each.

16-Jul-19
Brotsky: so I can enter both draws but only win one? Or I can only enter one? Fantastic opportunity regardless!! I don’t think the chances are high of winning both and having to decide anyway.

16-Jul-19
I'm in. Others need not apply, other than to donate to the cause.

16-Jul-19
im in!

16-Jul-19
Thanks for the link. I'm in!

16-Jul-19
Ambush, you can win both the bison and the elk/deer/antelope.

16-Jul-19
Thanks Justin. I’m going to happily blow the the raffle budget!

16-Jul-19
A couple of things a guy should know about the bison "hunt". It's a pretty cheesy hunt. You basically drive up to the herd and they tell you which bull to shoot then they load it in your rig with a tractor. Pretty much 100% of the harvested bulls meet BC minimum. The bison are eligible for the BC record book, however they are not eligible for PY. Don't expect it to be a hunt, it's more of a shoot.

16-Jul-19
I'm in.

16-Jul-19
As long as they don't make you shoot one named Cecil it's all good. I have heard exactly that about the Custer "hunt", but the meat is good and we can work on the story afterward.

16-Jul-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
If anyone here does win the bison hunt I hope you shoot this SOB that ruined our turkey hunt this spring! :-)

16-Jul-19
I'm always in for a good raffle!

16-Jul-19
My friend was hunting elk in the park and making his way to his early morning spot. He was moving through a field of boulders in the dark when suddenly one of them moved. Scared the crap out of him. Whole herd of buffalo. They are nothing to mess with. Good luck in the draws.

18-Jul-19
I've never won a raffle for anything in my life, so mathematically my chances are looking pretty good for this one!!

18-Jul-19
From the Sodak Game & Fish website with FAQs:

“What sort of weapon would I need to hunt this Trophy Buffalo?

This is a firearm only hunt. Rifles must be at least .270 caliber and generate a minimum of 2,200-foot-pounds of energy at the muzzle. Typical shot distance is 50-100 yards”

18-Jul-19
I screwed up and bought a bison ticket. Like you Rod I’ve never won a raffle so I probably don’t have to worry.

• Sitka Gear