Tonybear61 19-Jul-19
Missouribreaks 19-Jul-19
Preston Lay 19-Jul-19
Iowabowhunter 24-Jul-19
DarrinG 24-Jul-19
14-Jul-19
Good heads!

14-Jul-19
I shot a pile of animals with four blade Eskimos and Deltas as well as with two blade Deltas slotted to accept a Bear Razorhead bleeder or Magnus bleeder after they came out. They sharpen up well especially on a set of files mounted on a block to hold the angle consistent. With the correct set-up (Custom Edge Broadhead Sharpener built by Rock and myself) you could sharpen the main blades to the tip and the bleeders, then strop them to razor sharp.

I did blow a few Zwickey's apart at the spot welds on impact with solid objects (not animal bone, just solid wood, etc) shooting 70#s at a 30" draw with 525 gr arrows. And as bows got faster and shorter, as a finger shooter I found I got better flight out of a vented three blade head and finally went away from them after 18 years or so of steady use early-80s to 2000 or so. Good luck with them!

14-Jul-19
Those that use them probably think a lot of them.

14-Jul-19
Fly great sharpen great but the tips curl when you look at em

14-Jul-19
They just can't be any good at that price.;) Been shooting them for years.

14-Jul-19
My experience with them is limited to deer but I’m sure you’ll find they work beautifully and are able to be re-used after most shots also.

14-Jul-19
The are good heads and have critters all over the world. Use to use them and could get them scary sharp.

Had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Zwickey in person at the 50th P&Y celebration.

14-Jul-19
2 blade Eskimo, my go to trad head, they have never failed me....

14-Jul-19
Been shooting 4 blade eskimos for forty years and plan to continue.

15-Jul-19

TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
I've only had a couple tips curl - out of all the times I've shot.

15-Jul-19
They aren't "cool" anymore! That's why you don't hear about them. Great head, been around forever, lots of animals on the ground. I think they are probably a little harder for some of the current compound set ups to tune with but still a popular head in the trad world. If they shoot good outta your bow you'll be set. And for the money, hard to beat.

15-Jul-19
That sounds like a good set up. I think you made a good choice. Good luck and shoot straight this season.

15-Jul-19
I've shot them off and on over the years and when I've hunted with my recurve. I did kill a bear with a Zwickey.

16-Jul-19
I've shot several animals with the 2 blade Eskimos back in the day. I think Chuck used to file the tip round.

16-Jul-19
Pain in the butt to sharpen with the bleeder blades. The 2 blades are nice though

16-Jul-19

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
They are my go to head for my traditional bow. They were once what I shot out of my compound (PSE Nova). Killed 30+ deer and a couple elk with them. Shoot like darts, from both bows. Easy to sharpen, durable, and affordable. Personally, sharpening my own heads is fun and I enjoy it.

For the record... if you bend the tip on a zwickey, you can easily reform it with a file. Most other heads are trashed at that point. Unless you use Stingers, then you send in for a new one. Or do they still offer that?

16-Jul-19
Shot them for many years.Lotsa deer,couple elk including my first bull,couple caribou,and over a dozen bear.Deltas and Eskimos.Have many laying around now,including many on shafts that are sharpened,Vaselined and wrapped with tape.Wood shafts and aluminum(2020s and 2219s) If anyone interested in them PM me.

16-Jul-19
Two blade Zwickeys I use only, they sharpen up something awesome and they smash through bone.

17-Jul-19
I used them for years, I even shot them out of a pse mach 6 with an overdraw.. I shot lengthwise through two buck antelope and harvested numerous deer and elk with them. I believe the late paul Schafer used them to harvest several cape buffalo with one of his recurves. Great head!

17-Jul-19
One of the favorites of trad shooters, go over on the leatherwall and there plenty of talk. Excellent Broadheads, always have some in my quiver.

17-Jul-19
Not popular because not many hunters want a solid coc head. Seems to be the ??

17-Jul-19
Not popular because not many hunters want a solid coc head. Seems to be the ?? mech heads are the latest rage.

17-Jul-19

Keefers's embedded Photo
Keefers's embedded Photo
Keefers's embedded Photo
Keefers's embedded Photo
I took this buck in 2017 while sitting in my Huntmore 360 chair and I was behind a root ball. The Broadhead I used was a “Zwickey” Delta . I also use the Eskimo,No Mercy, and the cliff as well.

17-Jul-19
iv been useing zwickey heads for over 35 years am currently shooting zwickey no mercy heads & killed 5 deer with the same 4 edge Eskimo the bleeder got bent & broke when I tried to straighten it but otherwise was still intact & spinning true a zwickey will kill just as good as any head ever made when sharpened property & placed in the vitals of an animal

17-Jul-19
Yep, agreed

17-Jul-19
I have killed deer with both the eskimo and delta heads. Now, Mostly use just the delta 2 blade for my trad bows. Both are great heads. I find the delta's tip a bit more hardy though.

17-Jul-19
Spectacular buck, Keefers! Congratulations!

18-Jul-19
One of the great stories of archery and broadheads is Jack Zwickey. A very good hard working amazin man who is i believe 90 years old now and still goes to the shop. Really wish one of these social media forums or magazines would do an article on him as he is a treasure in bowhunting/archery who will not be here forever.

19-Jul-19
Zwickey also has a pet policy allowing you to work there while having a companion.

I got some broadheads from him when I was a teen over 40 years ago, still have them. Passed on to my son who is shooting recurve.

I have used them on my compound and will again soon since my brother shot his P &Y with a No Mercy out of a Matthews compound..

Only damage I had while using them was with the one I shot through a small tree and it stopped just short of the late season buck I was trying to take down. He just stood there looking at the tree moving as my heart sunk...Kept the head for years as a momento.

19-Jul-19
I have used Zwickeys for 51 years. Killed hundreds, and hundreds of deer, bear and turkey.

19-Jul-19
I have used them for many years, I just can't find a reason not to. Like they say "the sun never sets on Zwickey Broadheads".

24-Jul-19
I'll use them with my trad bow's, the Delta's I have weigh just a bit too much for the compound, but could be fun to shoot them from my Hoyt too-we'll see if I can whip some up. They'd put a huge hole in a deer that's for sure!

24-Jul-19
I shoot Zwickey Delta 2 blade heads from my traditional bows. Dang fine heads.

• Sitka Gear