shiloh 23-Oct-19
BOHUNTER09 29-Oct-19
wvbowbender 03-Nov-19
wvbowbender 05-Nov-19
BOHUNTER09 05-Nov-19
Pat Lefemine 06-Nov-19
12-Oct-19

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
New X-Series Trail cams by Moultrie combine the modem and camera in one convenient package.
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
New X-Series Trail cams by Moultrie combine the modem and camera in one convenient package.

Pat Lefemine's Link
I just published our review on the new, 2019 Moultrie X-Series trail cameras that incorporate a trail cam and cellular modem all in one. Let me know if you have any questions or want to add any comments. Thanks!

12-Oct-19
Nice review. Moultrie has hit on a good one this time. Will be interested to see how the battery life does. The battery pack may be the answer for that.

13-Oct-19
I set up my new x series on my farm 30 miles away. I had the previous version there the past 2 years. The new one is far superior in sending photos and the quality is excellent. I got the Verizon version this time. The previous one is ATT. Also, battery life so far is better than the previous model. I’m set up to get photos 2 times per day, but you have several options for receiving pictures. I give it a 10

13-Oct-19
First run with cell cams and after tons of reading went with the 7000. Seems every cell cam out has their pros and cons. But for the price it was hard to not select the Moultrie. Thus far its seems like a winner. Although I would rather it be a bit smaller that fact that it works and simple to operate is nice. Kinda wish it had an external antenna? Whether it would help with signal I’m not sure but I tend to think folks are a bit more hesitant to mess with a camera when they think it’s send pics while they are trying to steal it. The 7000 doesn’t resemble a cell camera.

14-Oct-19
I’m interested.....how much is the cell service plan each month roughly??

14-Oct-19
I put one up yesterday. Seems to work very well. I'll report as time goes on.

14-Oct-19
I’m using the $10 per month plan. I get 5-15 photos per day. After the season I changed to the maintenance plan at $5 per month

14-Oct-19
I am totally invested in Moultrie have two of the x series. Takes good day and night pics And their imaging is spot on telling the difference between bucks and doe’s. Have it set for immediate. Their customer service it’s really good to if you don’t want to hold just press one and they will call you back.

14-Oct-19
Do you have to get a separate plan for each camera?

14-Oct-19
Yes

14-Oct-19
OK......so before this post I was headed towards buying a Spartan cell cam and I am being told that you can put up to 3 cameras on one plan with them. Am I understanding correctly that with the Moultrie I would need a $10/month plan for each camera that I buy? Sorry for all the questions, but I've never had a cell camera and just want to make sure that I make the right call.

14-Oct-19
That’s correct. Separate plan for each camera

14-Oct-19
Have had 2 up for 2 months. I am using the 3000 pics per month at $20 per. Still have 63 and 66% battery. Had to move them to 4 times delivery a day because of fluctuating signal. Also have them on 1 minute delay because of critters. Seams as the more leaves fall the better the signal.

15-Oct-19
Does appear they have a super sensitive trigger even when set on low. Mine is triggering on squirrels 30-40yds out and deer 40 yds easily. Often it will appear as a false trigger but upon comparing photos back and forth the cause of the trigger is typically found. Nice but makes for a lot of pics or birds, squirrels etc...

15-Oct-19
So far mine has taken 1500 pics and used 33% Battery

16-Oct-19
Slow down delivery to twice if good signal or 4 times with poor signal a day helps the battery life. As well as the delay. Mine are at 6000 pics with 33% used.

18-Oct-19
I should add, setting the camera/picture frame a foot off the ground also helps with critters.

18-Oct-19
Ordered mine yesterday

23-Oct-19
So I got my new Moultrie mobile cam and the instructions say that I need a standard class 10 SD card but it can’t be an ULTRA SD. Apparently that’s a unicorn in my town???????

23-Oct-19
So I got my new Moultrie mobile cam and the instructions say that I need a standard class 10 SD card but it can’t be an ULTRA SD. Apparently that’s a unicorn in my town???????

29-Oct-19
Just wanted to add a battery update. My camera has been working for 7 weeks. I’m using Energizer AA batteries- not lithium. I’m receiving photos 2 times per day- about 10-15 per day. Batteries are still at 80%. I think that’s pretty good.

03-Nov-19
Will these cameras work if you put them in a metal box? Bob

05-Nov-19
ttt

05-Nov-19
Moultrie was working on a box but it was not yet available from trailcampro. Not sure if it’s going to affect performance

06-Nov-19
They make a security box for the x cams.

• Sitka Gear