Trophyhill 21-Nov-19
Mailman 21-Nov-19
GF 21-Nov-19
Heritage 23-Nov-19
elkmtngear 23-Nov-19
hdaman 23-Nov-19
Bear Track 23-Nov-19
21-Nov-19
Looking for an idea for a deer camp meal, got av favorite you would like to share.?

21-Nov-19
Depends on the deer camp amenities. Campfire, Coleman stove, or regular gas or electric range in a cabin ?

21-Nov-19

Grubby's Link
Try Cnelks enchilada recipe

21-Nov-19

stagetek's embedded Photo
stagetek's embedded Photo
...And a white hot grill !

21-Nov-19
My favorite camp meal this last September was a walleye fry with jalapeno bacon for an appetizer thanks to cnelk and his buddy, Calvin!

21-Nov-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo

21-Nov-19
Elk stroganoff Chicken and dumplings Pulled pork bbq in pressure cooker Beef pot roast in pressure cooker

All of these can be started before you head out and are quick to complete when you return. If you want the recipes I use, hit me up in IM

James

21-Nov-19
Brotsky, wrong color can for deer camp

21-Nov-19
One of our favorite elk camp meals is grouse alfredo. The key is brining the freshly killed grouse breasts in salt water for at least a day before cooking. Then we roll the breasts in ground up herb Triscuits and brown them in butter, while the noodles cook. Combine the grouse, noodles, alfredo sauce and whatever vegetables you prefer (we like broccoli or spinach), then let it simmer for few more minutes. Delicious!!

Matt

21-Nov-19
"Brotsky, wrong color can for deer camp."

I don't have a pic handy of the orange one :-)

21-Nov-19
Going to have to try that Triscuit breading.

21-Nov-19
Brotsky,

How do you like your Tundra? I'm rolling in my second one since 2008. I love mine.

Matt

21-Nov-19
Midwest,

We stumbled onto the Triscuit breading because it was the only thing we had in camp the first year we tried the dish. Now it's my go-to breeding for several dishes.

Matt

21-Nov-19
I like it a lot Matt, I need to do a couple of upgrades to it yet including a leveling kit, new tires, and a truck cap then it will be my perfect hunting rig!

21-Nov-19
Venison Summer Sausage grilled cheese sandwiches.

Slice some venison summer sausage diagonally (to get a larger slice), place if frying pan on low heat. In the meantime, butter up 2 slices of sourdough bread. Flip the sausage, top with a thick slice of Pepperjack Cheese. Put a slice of sourdough in the frying pan, butter side down. Top with the sausage/cheese assembly, then the other sourdough butter side up. Grill the sandwich to desired golden-brown. Enjoy with a cold beer of your choice.

21-Nov-19
We crank up two fryers and literally fry everything. Whatever u can imagine goes in the fryer. Brussel sprouts are my favorite. Poisoning of the heart

21-Nov-19
I always like a big pot of venison chili. I'll have to try the Triscuit breading, that sounds great, I've always used crushed Ritz crackers on trout and small game.

21-Nov-19
Fresh grilled backstrap from a 150 class or better buck.

21-Nov-19
Castleberry stew, and 30 pack of Hamms, and you'll be wondering what all the poor people are doing today!

21-Nov-19
a couple of chickens in a water smoker. get it started put some taters onions & carrots in the water pan along with the waterwater. when ya get back from the afternoon hunt remove the veggies thicken the remaining broth into gravy & there ya go falling off the bone chicken veggies gravy & some rolls

21-Nov-19

4FINGER's embedded Photo
4FINGER's embedded Photo
Jalapeno Elk Burger with Western Style Hash Browns...melted Colby Jack/Mild American Chedder and BBQ sauce with Sour Cream...All Wrapped in a Flour Fajita shell...Never Leftovers at Camp..or Home :)...4finger

21-Nov-19
Prime rib either smoked or oven baked. Seasoned redskin potatoes / some green veggie / salad and garlic cheese bread

I always figure everybody eats venison so much at home that they are ready for some "other" meat. LOL

21-Nov-19
When I had my lease in Central Texas, we always had a dove shoot Labor Day weekend. One of our favorite meals of the season was grilled dove breasts wrapped in bacon with a half a jalepeno. Washed that down with George Dickel and coke. Damn good times !

21-Nov-19
GG, That's kinda how my uncle discovered beer pancakes which became our traditional Mississippi River camp breakfast. :-)

21-Nov-19

BigOk's embedded Photo
Here you go Brotsky.
BigOk's embedded Photo
Here you go Brotsky.

21-Nov-19
" tator" soup, red potatoes, diced to bite size chunks, plenty onion, plenty celery, boil till tender, drain, add 2 % milk, (less likely to burn it) then add 2 lbs of browned ground sausage. add a grill cheese sammich.

21-Nov-19
Elk fajitas from my September hunt ;)

21-Nov-19

Trophyhill's embedded Photo

21-Nov-19

21-Nov-19

21-Nov-19
Ribeye steak over mesquite coals.

21-Nov-19
Mule deer liver with bacon & a vidalia onion.

Dayum!

23-Nov-19
Beer and double stuff oreos.

23-Nov-19

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo
Fresh meat, add fire, so good!

23-Nov-19
Here in southern Maryland my favorite is stuffed ham, steamed oysters/oyster Rockefeller and cold beer!

23-Nov-19
Fettucini in triple clam sauce for us.

• Sitka Gear