Plum lake 22-Jan-20
SD BuckBuster 23-Jan-20
dm/wolfskin 23-Jan-20
SaddleReaper 23-Jan-20
SaddleReaper 23-Jan-20
Candor 23-Jan-20
RutnStrut 24-Jan-20
22-Jan-20
I'm looking for input on the lightest possible rubber boots out there. The catch is this...... I am allergic to neoprene!! I know it's super weird but I tried and tired different methods and no matter what I do I end up with a problem. I don't need any thinsulate or anything that adds extra weight. Don't need any ankle support either.

SO, lightest rubber boot without neoprene that will keep water out. Anyone know of anything good?

22-Jan-20
Get a couple magnum condoms. Unless you have small feet, in that case just get the normal ones.

22-Jan-20

midwest's Link
Check out Tingley Rubber, they offer some ultra lightweight boots. I don't personally own any so can't vouch for them.

22-Jan-20
Just out of curiosity, why do you need a really light weight rubber boot?

—Jim

22-Jan-20
Midwest is right....Tingley ultra light!! make sure you get the ULTRA LIGHT.....

22-Jan-20
I had a knee replacement and the lighter the better. I want a completely waterproof material and rubber is pretty much the only thing on the planet that is truly waterproof and wont allow added weight when wet from dew, water or snow.

22-Jan-20
I've used Tingley Ultra light for years.....awesome

22-Jan-20
Muck...nuff said.

22-Jan-20
Those Tingley Ultra Lights.. Are they comfortable to put miles on in?

22-Jan-20
For a lightweight rubber boot that's comfortable to walk in I would get the LaCrosse grange boots.

22-Jan-20
Have you tried neoprene based boots with fleece lining? For example some models of neoprene type boots from Muck have a fleece bonded lining. Whereas most mucks and dryshod boots have "airmesh" lining for lack of a better term. I wonder if fleece might serve as enough of a barrier to prevent you from having reactions...?

22-Jan-20
SaddleReaper that might actually work. I've tried long socks with long underwear but sweating would bring it to my skin. Jeans seem to help but tucking them in for hours on end isn't comfortable at all.

22-Jan-20
How about a slip on rubber boot that you can slip on over, say a hiking boot??? I had a light weight pair. I would hike a mile back to a spot with my hiking boots on and then pull then out of my pack and slip them on the last 400 yds. The ground was steep so I found that walking in my hiking boots better. They really we're not heavy and not to bad to walk in. Ed

22-Jan-20
LL Bean Maine hunting boot

22-Jan-20
Nat's boots are by far the lightest I've ever tried. I have a summer pair and also a winter pair with a removable liner. they are as light as a running shoe maybe lighter

22-Jan-20
I have the EVA boot model # 1540 and the winter pair 1530 if you decide to look them up online. Happy shopping

22-Jan-20
Hey Plum.. Those look pretty sweet. Do you know what the liner is made out of? And do you think a guy could walk 5 miles of moderate terrain without busting up the feet?

22-Jan-20
The liner is made from some sort of foam. It''s not felt. Feet will sweat with much walking. The 1540 boot has no liner at all the boat is all foam. They are great for walking but you feel stones the size of walnuts when stepping on them. but you won't find a lighter pair than those. I'm a flatliner so i don't walk hills so i can't judge them on that

23-Jan-20
Sounds great.. Thanks guys for the helpful info!

23-Jan-20
Some of ya'll didn't read his question very well.

23-Jan-20

SaddleReaper's Link
Check out Dunlop boots too. They have some lighter options it looks like... but this model in the link is geared toward hunting.

23-Jan-20

SaddleReaper's Link
I doubt any PVC boot will be lighter than EVA foam, even though this is a "light weight" model, but this could be a good option for you. PVC based construction will be more abrasion resistant and longer lasting compared to EVA...

23-Jan-20
The Lacrosse Grange is a pretty light uninsulated boot. It is not a specialized lightweight boot. It is quite durable for general whitetail hunting use.

24-Jan-20
Lacrosse Aeroheads, light and very comfortable.

• Sitka Gear