HDE 22-Jan-20
LINK 23-Jan-20
TXCO 23-Jan-20
HDE 23-Jan-20
AlleninNM 23-Jan-20
LINK 23-Jan-20
Trophyhill 23-Jan-20
22-Jan-20
Is there a system to return a drawn tag in NM for a refund? Say I draw 6b and decide I want to go CO otc instead, will NM refund my tag? ;)

22-Jan-20
Per goHUNT...."There is no return or transfer of any tag allowed without written permission from the Director of the New Mexico Game and Fish Department."

22-Jan-20
How about WY elk tag? Say I draw both a WY GEN tag and a NM 16B. Can I turn in the WY tag for a refund? Do I keep or loose points?

Thanks, Jim

22-Jan-20
No refund. You CAN turn it back in advance in if you can't go and NMDGF will generally assign it to someone on their list as a worthy cause. I have no idea how they determine whom to reassign a tag, but our daughter couldn't go on a youth deer hunt due to a school activity last year so I called NMDGF and they reassigned it to another youth through something similar to a "make a wish" type allocation. We did NOT get a refund, although I didn't expect that would be the case, we really just wanted someone to get to hunt.

22-Jan-20
Jim, you will know if you have drawn 16B long before they run the draw for the WY General tag. If you draw 16B in NM you simply withdraw your application from the WY draw for a refund.

22-Jan-20
I like NM system where everyone has a chance but it makes it hard to play the draws on other states. I don’t have enough vacation to devote to two tags. I guess I have to put in for points until I’m sure to draw and lay out of NM or risk 2 tags. Not a likely problem but I would hate to pull 2 tags with only 2 weeks vacation.

22-Jan-20
Consult the big game regulations for NM.

23-Jan-20
I did. Didn’t find it. Not saying it’s not there but I spend quite a bit of time on NM website and reg book every year and have never seen it. I looked for an hour the other day and decided it would be easier and faster to post on BS. Thanks for the tip though Nate. ;)

23-Jan-20
NM will put a tag back in the draw. I got a deer tag two years ago because I was next on the draw list. They called over the summer and asked if I still wanted it or were going to call the next person. I feel like most states have a refund policy now if you turn it back in by a deadline. Wish NM would do the same if they dont since most results all come out about the same time now.

23-Jan-20
LINK, pg 20...

23-Jan-20
Answer is posted, but you would consider turning in a NM 6B tag to go OTC in Colorado?

23-Jan-20
No I wouldn’t that was sarcasm but I would turn in a unit 50 NM tag for a decent tag in Colorado. I just don’t want to draw any more attention to the units I apply for than they all ready get. Thanks Nate.

23-Jan-20
No way would I turn in a 6b tag for any OTC unit in CO

• Sitka Gear