Joey Ward 23-Jan-20
Huntiam 23-Jan-20
Chief 419 24-Jan-20
Paul@thefort 24-Jan-20
badbull 24-Jan-20
Paul@thefort 24-Jan-20
23-Jan-20

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
I hunted the pond blind this AM with wind at the back. Not gusting like yesterday
I hunted the pond blind this AM with wind at the back. Not gusting like yesterday
very few geese flying this am
very few geese flying this am
only one close encounter-----slow morning
only one close encounter-----slow morning

23-Jan-20

a big ZERO for the morning hunt
a big ZERO for the morning hunt

23-Jan-20

But the sunrise was great. Always good to see a new day.
But the sunrise was great. Always good to see a new day.
But the story is not finished. Driving in this morning I see this dead red fox right at the driveway approach. And later I picked it up.
But the story is not finished. Driving in this morning I see this dead red fox right at the driveway approach. And later I picked it up.
later I checked the trail camera in front of the blind and the fox passed by last night but ended up getting hit out on the road later.
later I checked the trail camera in front of the blind and the fox passed by last night but ended up getting hit out on the road later.
this same fox I might have captured on camera two years ago. Full grown male with beautiful winter coat. A good mouser for sure.
this same fox I might have captured on camera two years ago. Full grown male with beautiful winter coat. A good mouser for sure.

23-Jan-20
I later drove to LaPorte CO and to Dan French taxidermy shop and gave it to him. He was excited to get it and will do a great mount of the fox. I will take a picture when the mount is finished later in the year.

So while no geese were killed this day, there is always something interesting going on around the goose pasture. Stay tuned as I will take a day off and then hunt Saturday. my best, Paul

23-Jan-20
I went turkey hunting this morning. Heard gobbling but I can't take pictures of the gobbles. Lots of geese flying over.

23-Jan-20
Lex, you have two more days to get one. Good luck. Paul

23-Jan-20
Love fox not even sure I’d shoot one if I called it in as the coyote do a number on them here. Barely see them anymore.

23-Jan-20

Joey Ward's embedded Photo
Had two walk under me the other morning. Killed my last one. Just enjoy seeing them these days.

23-Jan-20
Me too wouldn’t shoot a fox for no reason

24-Jan-20
The close encounter pic. looks like wings were cupped for a landing. Some days they just don't cooperate. Give Chase a workout on Saturday.

24-Jan-20
Randy, gusty winds in the 20 mph range and with cupped wings they had a long time to look the spread over. Today I moved a blind back up near the garage as they seem to like that area and want to be in the greener newer grass. Will be there in the early am for sure. Paul

24-Jan-20
Paul, those fox make beautiful mounts as I have mounted several for others. I just posted on hunt 13 thread before I found this thread. Good hunting.....Bob

24-Jan-20

same fox from two years ago.
same fox from two years ago.
squeaked him in towards the blind
squeaked him in towards the blind
I think he knew that geese to not squeak
I think he knew that geese to not squeak
and back to his hide. I had another picture of him on the trail camera thee weeks ago. Sorry to see him die this way in the prime of his life.
and back to his hide. I had another picture of him on the trail camera thee weeks ago. Sorry to see him die this way in the prime of his life.
Bob, I answered your question on Hunt 13.

• Sitka Gear