goyt 08-Jul-20
t-roy 08-Jul-20
goyt 12-Jul-20
t-roy 12-Jul-20
BullBuster 12-Jul-20
goyt 14-Jul-20
Ollie 14-Jul-20
08-Jul-20
On May 2 we sprayed all of our food plots with 5 ozs of IMOX per acre. Most of the plots are doing very well but some were just too far gone so this Monday we sprayed some of the plots with glyphosate and 2,4 D ester. I would like to spray them again in about 6-7 weeks with glyphosate and then plant brassicas. However the IMOX instructions say not to plant turnips or beets for at least 9 months. I guess that I could wait until September and plant clover, cereal rye, etc. but I would like to plant some brassicas. Does anyone have any experience with planting brassicas after applying IMOX?

08-Jul-20
I used IMOX for the first time this year, so I can’t give you any insight on carryover, but I would suggest that you could plant a test strip of some brassicas this year, for future reference. Some chemicals have a lot more residual staying power than others.

I planted a corn plot as well as a soybean plot on my river bottom field one year, in early May. Sprayed both plots with glyphosate, plus a corn specific and a bean specific herbicide (can’t remember what offhand right now). Both plots were looking great, until the river flooded both of the plots out in late June. The river stayed flooded on the field for well over a month. I finally got back into the field in early August, and thought surely the chemicals would have leached out by that amount of time and water. I worked the ground up and planted a brassicas mix. Within a week or so, you could tell exactly where my corn plot had ended and the soybean plot began. The brassicas were growing very nicely where the corn had been, but there was not a single brassica growing (or very few weeds either) where the bean plot had been.

12-Jul-20
t-roy, thanks for the response. I may plant a little. It sounds like I just need to plant something that the residual IMOX will not impact.

12-Jul-20
Be sure and post your results, goyt. I’d be interested in your findings. Any ideas on what seed you’re going to plant? I’m wondering if a cereal grain might work? You would have a bit more time before planting cereal grain vs brassicas....You might have to do do TWO test plots! ;-)

Good luck!

12-Jul-20
They do say that Imox has a pre-emergent component.

14-Jul-20
Seeing that no one has any positive experience with planting brassicas after treating with IMOX I will probably stick with cereal rye, oats and other things that can be safely planted 90-120 days after an IMOX treatment.

14-Jul-20
Used to work for a pesticide company. Residual effect is greatly influenced by soil type, temperature, and moisture. In other words, residual can be a problem in some specific areas but not in others and may vary year to year based on rainfall. And of course, some crops are more impacted by residual pesticides than others.

• Sitka Gear