Jasper 08-Aug-20
Royboy 12-Aug-20
wyobullshooter 12-Aug-20
Inshart 12-Aug-20
Jaybee 13-Aug-20
Jaybee 13-Aug-20
06-Aug-20

bowcrazyJRHCO's Link
Looking of any new input on verifiers. I found an old Bowsite post from 2103, and looking for any updated info since this post is 7 years old. I am looking strongly at purchasing a verifier and simply asking for insights. Any significant hunting issues with them? Thanks.

06-Aug-20
That post would not be 7 years old. It would be 83 years in future. Biggest issue hunting with them would be if it raining.

06-Aug-20
Been hunting with one for 5 years now and never had an issue. Carry a pill bottle of Qtips just in case, but never used them. Bow rides on the front rack of the quad, dirt, dust, rain or snow.

06-Aug-20
I used one for several years, got cataract surgery and took it off. They work if you need that help.

06-Aug-20
Love mine. Rain is the only issue but I carry Q Tips to clean it out. No biggie

06-Aug-20
just took mine off after cataract surgery, dont need them had white and orange for a 5/16 specialty archery peep

06-Aug-20
A savior for me with a big aperture . 40 yard grouping is solid

06-Aug-20
Been shootin with one for several years. Make sure you tighten it because they will come flyin out of the sight, dont ask how i know that :( That and a single pin are money for me.

06-Aug-20
Another thread determined that they are not legal in Colorado but the consensus was “don’t ask, don't tell”

06-Aug-20
Can you use a verifier if you also have a magnifying lens on your sight housing?

I’m having trouble with blurry and ghost pins but I really like the mag lens too. Anyone use them together? Thanks.

06-Aug-20
BC, you need the clarifier.

07-Aug-20
I have a clarifier. It’s the magnifying lens that mounts on your sight housing. Question is can you use a verifier peep along with the clarifier lens.

07-Aug-20
The Clarifier AND the Verifier both go in your peep. The lens on the sight itself is a scope lens (magnifier).

The Verifier works as glasses would to clear-up blurry pins. The Clarifier works as the rear lens of a rifle scope to clear up the blurry sight picture from a highly magnified front scope lens.

07-Aug-20
Correct, my mistake. I was referring to an HHA lens kit with a verifier. Point is I like the magnification but I’m trying to clear up blurry pin.

07-Aug-20
The verifier will clear up the blurry pins in a sight without a magnifying lens.

07-Aug-20
i got one about a month ago, works great!!!

07-Aug-20
Thanks for the input. Plan on going to local shop and try it. Glad to see not one real complaint or issue. Just good advice for hunting situations.

JohnMC- apparently verifiers will be a hit in 83 years, LOL.

07-Aug-20
It worked for me for a few years. The one problem I had was in low light conditions my left eye would become dominant when I put the peep up to my right eye. I shoot with both eyes open and it was to hard for me to change and close my left eye to shoot. During daylight I had no problem at all. I'm 63 going on 64 and my vision on my right is worse then my left. What has worked for me are contact lenses. I only wear them hunting and shooting and I ware glasses full time. I have a 2.50 lens in my right eye and a 1.00 lens in my left and I still have 2020 vision at distance. A 90 day supply will last me over a year and they we're easy to get used to. I just had my yearly eye exam last week and picked up my supply today. Good luck its hell to get old but don't give up find something that works for you.

07-Aug-20
I just had verifier Peeps put in both my compounds.... sight pins were blobs, with halos. They have cleared that up, tremendously. I hesitated at doing it, because of rain, snow situations. They come with a little rubber/plastic "bubble" cover. Being able to see my kins clearly trumps the possibility of moisture, in my opinion.

07-Aug-20
Have used a verifier for about ten years now. I switched up to the 5/16" housing as soon as they came out, which gives you a 1/4" peep with the lens in. I always have a few Q-tips in the top sleeve on my bino case and the little socket to remove it if the need ever arises. About the only trouble I've ever had was some glare from shooting into the sun. But still better than not being able to see the pin!

08-Aug-20
Not being legal is so ridiculous! One time as I was about to climb down after a morning hunt I happened to notice a piece of bark had gotten stuck in mine. Could have cost me a deer so i make it a habit to check mine every time I hunt.

12-Aug-20
Qtips for sure as I love my verifier but couldn’t see a six point bull broadside at 15 yards because of dust

12-Aug-20
I used one for a couple years until I had cataract surgery. As others have stated, moisture and dust can be an issue, although a Q-tip can normally resolve it in short order. My biggest issue was sun glare. Luckily, it never cost me a shot while hunting, but during a 3D shoot, we had to walk up a draw where the targets were on the east side. The sun was just starting to peek over the ridge. When I drew back to shoot, it was like a million lumen flashlight shining in my eye. The only way the three of us that had verifiers could shoot was to have a hat held up to block the sun. It was impossible to shoot otherwise.

Verifiers can work wonders, just be aware they have some limitations as well.

12-Aug-20
I've used on for many many years, can't focus on the pins worth a darn without one.

13-Aug-20
I use a verifier and it works well when shooting. Problem is when in a tree stand and bored I need to put my glasses on to look at my phone. Then I have to take my glasses off to shoot a deer so that I can see through the verifier. Getting old stinks!!

13-Aug-20
I use a verifier and it works well when shooting. Problem is when in a tree stand and bored I need to put my glasses on to look at my phone. Then I have to take my glasses off to shoot a deer so that I can see through the verifier. Getting old stinks!!

• Sitka Gear